Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

CB from Wiltfong for MarShawn Lloyd 5* 2020 RB MD to us

per trent and others Lloyd is #1 on our board at rb. 

3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

per trent and others Lloyd is #1 on our board at rb. 

Very interesting to hear after all the talk about Evans and Milton and Bowman

18 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Very interesting to hear after all the talk about Evans and Milton and Bowman

I trust no kid out of Lakeland to go anywhere else except UF. Kirby probably knows Bowman is trolling other schools 

ncgodawgs and MattyIceonTap like this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I trust no kid out of Lakeland to go anywhere else except UF. Kirby probably knows Bowman is trolling other schools 

yep.. i talked to a florida insider/bull gator who told me they get who they want at lakeland.. the boosters have done a good job of setting up florida to get most of the talent there at lakeland. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

yep.. i talked to a florida insider/bull gator who told me they get who they want at lakeland.. the boosters have done a good job of setting up florida to get most of the talent there at lakeland. 

Yep, Lakeland coaches actively recruit players to UF and try to make it harder on other schools 

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Yep, Lakeland coaches actively recruit players to UF and try to make it harder on other schools 

the only players who will get out are those who have parents who have more control over the recruiting process than the lakeland coaches so you will see a player or 2 get out of there yearly, but pretty much they are set to get who they want. 

50 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the only players who will get out are those who have parents who have more control over the recruiting process than the lakeland coaches so you will see a player or 2 get out of there yearly, but pretty much they are set to get who they want. 

They will get out but Gator fans will say they weren't that good lol. Have to love those delusional guys 

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

They will get out but Gator fans will say they weren't that good lol. Have to love those delusional guys 

they are already talking about how bad mullen has outcoached kirby head to head and how much he owns kirby and yeah uga is worried about mullen and his great recruiting.  lol 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

they are already talking about how bad mullen has outcoached kirby head to head and how much he owns kirby and yeah uga is worried about mullen and his great recruiting.  lol 

During the season they hated Mullen's recruiting. But now they love it lol

OK, so I am by far not an expert, but, having watched all the contenders...

I can see why they might have Lloyd highest. He doesn't have the speed as some of his fellow 5 stars, but he's not very far off, and the thing that stands out, is his physicality. He's just waaaay more physical than any of the other top RBs we seem to be in the running for, which would make for a good thing to target as you wouldn't want too much of a similar thing at RB in one class.

Bowman, my word, the kid has speed for days, and his cutting ability is pretty good too, so he's not all one dimensional, but getting him into the open field would more often than not be a death sentence for opposing defenses. He needs a good line though, as his style isn't really suited to breaking a lot of tackles.

Bigsby, is very similar to Bowman imo. He's not as fast mind you, but he's very much that one cut and go runner, just slightly more physical and a little more likely to get caught from behind. I wouldn't cry at all if we missed on Bowman and got Bigsby instead.

Milton and Evans are a lot more diversified. Both very fast, but not Bowman fast, but also more physical and shifty than him. Milton seems to have a little bit more of the singular dimension to him than Evans, where I could see him struggling some behind a bad line, but he's got a lot more ability to make things happen on his own. Evans, holy ****, I mean, as I said above, I can see why they'd have Lloyd higher, seeing how much more physical he is, but Evans just makes such beautiful cuts. His vision and speed...he's just got that perfect balance. A little bit more physicality and you'd basically have what we saw in Zeus. 

If I'm allowed to pick, I'd want Evans and Lloyd, and take Bigsby as an ATH, but Lloyd and Bigsby would be a great pair.

g-dawg, ncgodawgs and youngbloodz like this

18 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

This weekend's visitors:

George Pickens 
Kaiir Elam
Mark-Antony Richards
Javonne Shepherd 
Brett Seither

WR - EJ Williams
DB - Mookie Cooper 
DT - Jamil Burroughs
DL - Eric Taylor

Really would like to see DC and DB coach wrapped up by Friday for this recruiting weekend.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Really would like to see DC and DB coach wrapped up by Friday for this recruiting weekend.

If we want Elam and/or Cross in red and black, that has to get done long before signing day. Elam has family ties to UF and Cross has options. We’re not courting guys that need us here lol

g-dawg likes this

10 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

the db hire needs to be done before this weekend.  it really makes zero sense and i mean zero sense that kirby doesn't announce this week his hire.  

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

If we want Elam and/or Cross in red and black, that has to get done long before signing day. Elam has family ties to UF and Cross has options. We’re not courting guys that need us here lol

Hopefully whatever Kirby is doing is basically done.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Lanning/Schumann for DC and Rambo moves up to DB coach - if so, it will be announced soon.  Not as sure about Rambo.

Mark Anthony Richard? Where did he come from? Rb?  Is cross visiting at some point if he’s legit possibility? 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

the db hire needs to be done before this weekend.  it really makes zero sense and i mean zero sense that kirby doesn't announce this week his hire.  

Totally agree.

Kirby won’t get Elam back to Athens after Saturday.  This weekend will get us in this thing with him or we are out.   Don’t see us in without cleaning that up.

4 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Mark Anthony Richard? Where did he come from? Rb?  Is cross visiting at some point if he’s legit possibility? 

Rambo is pure speculation on my part and I am not confident that is the plan. Kind of hope it’s not.