Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ga_spider said:

Forgive me but I don’t follow Miami much. But didn’t Diaz run the defense last year too?

He did. But he was the DC last year 

One thing for certain - in recruiting, transfer and coaching carousel - definitely not a smooth offseason like 2018.

ay-yi-yi

We gonna sign this seither kid? 3* TE? Seems have lot of offers, size and film looks good. Level competition must be garbage cause doesn’t look slow- trying figure why just 3*

53 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

We gonna sign this seither kid? 3* TE? Seems have lot of offers, size and film looks good. Level competition must be garbage cause doesn’t look slow- trying figure why just 3*

Haven't looked at film but it happens all the time. Lots of quality schools make their living on kids that ball out but don't camp or had Jr year injuries, etc.

Blaylock remains a 4 star but Pickens is #7 overall in Rivals final rankings for this class, just a few spots behind Haselwood. If Pickens gets his grades in order and we can bring him in that would be huge.

Wardog357, mike teevee and sdogg like this

Smallwood posted a note on Hartley and we should be excited about the immediate impact Hartley could have on our 2020 class.

Youngbloodz won’t like it lol but Hartley could give us a big boost with recruiting 5 star TE and Miami commit Dominic Mammarelli. Arik Gilbert is our top TE target in 2020, but Mammarelli is the prototypical blocking TE with a lot of upside, where Gilbert is more of an athletic freak that figures to be a big receiving threat. Although there is some discussion about what position Gilbert will end up playing because he is such a stud athlete and could play on defense as well.

He’s also got an excellent relationship with 5 star corner Fred Davis, as he was the lead recruiter for him with Miami. Some other guys to put on watch in the Jacksonville area are 4 star OT Jalen Rivers and 4 star DE/LB Chantz Williams.

4 star WR Leonard Manuel already has Georgia in his top 3, though he just committed to Florida. Hartley has been involved in recruiting him as well so that should only help UGA if Manuel is a guy we make a priority.

It kinda felt to me like our effort on Leonard Manuel kinda waned in the last year as our evaluations changed and we prioritized other WRs, but maybe that's just me

19 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

It kinda felt to me like our effort on Leonard Manuel kinda waned in the last year as our evaluations changed and we prioritized other WRs, but maybe that's just me

He is a commitment jumper lol... think the guy has already been committed to Tennessee and then Miami and now Florida.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

He is a commitment jumper lol... think the guy has already been committed to Tennessee and then Miami and now Florida.

Well, as others have said, we have to keep in mind that this time last year, Sheffield was a 5*, so things can change ratings and evaluations wise.

Right now at least, it looks as though Julian Fleming is the big fish at WR for next cycle, and were at least in his top 10, at least as of Dec 25

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Nakobe Dean lost the 5th star he was just given on Rivals. :rolleyes:

UGA was just 25 points behind Bama before the new rankings came out. Now 144 points behind. :rolleyes:

bama bump/uga drop.. it happens every time.. the only reason why we won last year was because bama lost out on so many guys they had no shot.. when it's close you see this crap every year. 

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

UGA was just 25 points behind Bama before the new rankings came out. Now 144 points behind. :rolleyes:

Lol

6 minutes ago, Carter said:

How does Nakobe Dean lose a star?  Nothing in his play would cause this.   Too short?

95Dawg likes this

Just now, g-dawg said:

How does Nakobe Dean lose a star?  Nothing in his play would cause this.   Too short?

his measurements haven't changed and were not a problem when he had his 5 star and now they are being used as an excuse.. it's the same crap we have told you year after year after year regarding rankings. 

Just now, g-dawg said:

Yeah all of a sudden his height is an issue. :lol: 

They dropped Clay Webb 5 spots also. They have 30 players rated as 5 stars. Webb is now ranked at 28.

95Dawg and g-dawg like this

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

his measurements haven't changed and were not a problem when he had his 5 star and now they are being used as an excuse.. it's the same crap we have told you year after year after year regarding rankings. 

Told me?  I am aware of the Bama bump.  

Did 247 already come out with their final rankings? I have no idea. Their own rankings adjustments are usually atrocious when the final one drops.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Told me?  I am aware of the Bama bump.  

not just tell you, but everyone regarding the rankings.  this has happened for many years.  analysts like barry every publicly called out rivals for their bama rating bumps  when he worked there and he was let go shortly there after.  when rivals sponsored allstar games they would give players bumps in ratings if they choose their allstar game.  this is something we expect though regarding bama rankings.  

4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Did 247 already come out with their final rankings? I have no idea. Their own rankings adjustments are usually atrocious when the final one drops.

Shannon Terry, their CEO, posted his final top 5 on twitter, No Nolan Smith

When someone made a thread about it, it was quickly deleted by the mods, made especially silly since someone in the thread specifically noted that they were going to do so

m2Falcons likes this

9 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Shannon Terry, their CEO, posted his final top 5 on twitter, No Nolan Smith

When someone made a thread about it, it was quickly deleted by the mods, made especially silly since someone in the thread specifically noted that they were going to do so

LOLOL..  i can't stand shannon terry.. anyone who doesn't have nolan smith as #1 or #2 is full of crap.