Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

January 2019 UGA Recruiting - Sugar and Spice!

722 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

And the Dawgs will get everything nice in 2019!

Well it’s finally here. Happy New Year to all my Dawg brethren and friends who cheer for other teams! I wish you all a wonderful 2019! :)

Haselwood and Stevenson will be announcing on January 5th, so we will find out about those two big time recruits very soon. 

Jake Reuse on ugasports talked with Haselwood. Sac posted some of that info in the December thread but I’ll carry it over along with some other info as it’s very relevant. Haselwood says he did not sign any NLI for the early signing period. He submitted financial aid paperwork with Georgia, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Florida State... which ultimately means very little but he will be enrolling after his announcement as classes start just a few days later. He says he has not informed any coaching staff of his decision and they will all find out with the rest of us.

When asked how Justin Fields’ status factors into his decision, Haselwood said “I can’t answer that.”

When asked about the Cam Newton conversation saying he needs to get out, Haselwood said that was a publicity stunt.

There will be more info on him later this week.

Nothing really new to share about Stevenson. 

Kaiir Elam was interviewed, said that he would like to play with Stevenson and that if Stevenson is a Dawg then it would help UGA a lot with potentially landing him as well.

Once again Happy New Year to y’all and I hope everyone has a great night! Go Dawgs!

Edited by Carter
Name correction

Trimming that list down...

I believe he has already said that Clemson is his dream school. Oregon also figures heavily into the mix here. Will be interesting to see how this one goes if we are really pressing for a top flight QB in this next class as is expected.

My gut says CJ Dixon will end up being our guy but I think we will continue pushing for Uiagalelei.

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

Trimming that list down...

I believe he has already said that Clemson is his dream school. Oregon also figures heavily into the mix here. Will be interesting to see how this one goes if we are really pressing for a top flight QB in this next class as is expected.

My gut says CJ Dixon will end up being our guy but I think we will continue pushing for Uiagalelei.

The thing I find troubling about DJ is that Bama chose to heavily pursue Carson Beck over him after they both camped there. Apparently from reports Beck blew DJ away and is the first time since Saban has been at Bama that the entire offensive staff agreed that any player was their consensus top QB in a class. They firmly believe they have a great one in Beck. What does that say about DJ? Who knows, but hopefully if our staff makes a big push for him that they know something about him Bama doesn't. 

My gut says we're going to be prioritizing Robbie Ashford or Max Johnson. 

Someone said multiple CB's came in for UGA within the last 24 hours. And one of the guys on Americus' site said he was told UGA too. I think we all expected this end result, but more and more confirmation is starting to appear. 

sdogg and g-dawg like this

8 hours ago, RandomFan said:

The thing I find troubling about DJ is that Bama chose to heavily pursue Carson Beck over him after they both camped there. Apparently from reports Beck blew DJ away and is the first time since Saban has been at Bama that the entire offensive staff agreed that any player was their consensus top QB in a class. They firmly believe they have a great one in Beck. What does that say about DJ? Who knows, but hopefully if our staff makes a big push for him that they know something about him Bama doesn't. 

My gut says we're going to be prioritizing Robbie Ashford or Max Johnson. 

Max Johnson is pretty solid to LSU and probably won't go to the school that fired his uncle.

Why do we seem to be so cold in recruiting quarterbacks at this particular time?

8 minutes ago, itsjustafleshwound said:

Max Johnson is pretty solid to LSU and probably won't go to the school that fired his uncle.

Why do we seem to be so cold in recruiting quarterbacks at this particular time?

Don't bet on that with Max. That was 3 years ago and his dad is no dummy. He'll have a much better chance at the NFL here than with Coach O. 

And is that 2nd question a serious question? Two young 5 star QBs on the roster. One of them being a dbag and waiting until 2 days before the ESD to break possible transfer news -- meaning basically zero time to recruit one of the top QBs. Was still able to flip a decent 4 star within that 2 day window. I'm not sure what more you're expecting under those circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Don't bet on that with Max. That was 3 years ago and his dad is no dummy. He'll have a much better chance at the NFL here than with Coach O. 

And is that 2nd question a serious question? Two young 5 star QBs on the roster. One of them being a dbag and waiting until 2 days before the ESD to break possible transfer news -- meaning basically zero time to recruit one of the top QBs. Was still able to flip a decent 4 star within that 2 day window. I'm not sure what more you're expecting under those circumstances. 

As it relates to Max, we are probably now a more realistic option now that Richt is no longer coaching.

MattyIceonTap likes this

10 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

One five star in Fromm, and a young four star in Dwon Mathis. Fields is gone before next year.

qb recruiting in the next 2 classes will tell us a lot.. these guys will not have to sit and will be able to compete right away.  i hope we target the right guys.  

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

When would a non dbag have told the staff he would pursue a transfer?

20 minutes ago, GAbred said:

When would a non dbag have told the staff he would pursue a transfer?

I believe it was in reference to the leak and the timing, which was poor.  I have no doubt that the info didn't get out without consent from the Field's camp.  I'm not saying Justin himself, but his camp.

My understanding is the coaches new before the leak which helped them flip a quarterback. But I here criticism on the timing and honestly want to know when the best time would be?

8 minutes ago, GAbred said:

My understanding is the coaches new before the leak which helped them flip a quarterback. But I here criticism on the timing and honestly want to know when the best time would be?

You're kidding, right?  You don't see the issue, 2 days prior to signing day, that your freshman, 5 star qb,  is looking to transfer and talk of racism is being mentioned as a means to be granted a waiver.  Yeah, that looks great for the university.   You know who else brought up that racism bit, after the Fields transfer broke?  Tyrique Stevenson.  

RandomFan, SacFalcFan, sdogg and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

I believe it was in reference to the leak and the timing, which was poor.  I have no doubt that the info didn't get out without consent from the Field's camp.  I'm not saying Justin himself, but his camp.

<insert long sigh here>

Wrong thread

RxDawg likes this

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

My understanding is the coaches new before the leak which helped them flip a quarterback. 

Then you understand wrong. 

How legit is Kaiir Elam? He a Corner? Seems like we running low there, plenty at S, but another cb who can play be great... and love the fact that haselwood May feel like there is no excitement anymore w his commitment since he seems forgone to ou, maybe have some Derrick brown in the end, honestly hope he doesn’t care where he goes just wants to be a shock and keep the drama, maybe ends up w the dawgs 

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Dude STOP!

Image result for you're not the boss of me

Take a hike. A guy asks what's wrong with our QB recruiting. Can't really answer that without addressing the Fields situation. It's recruiting related more than it is "transfer discussion" related, so you all know what you can do if you don't like it. 

Edited by RandomFan