The only opinion that really matters on the new OC

Matt Ryan has earned and deserves to have substantial input into this decision. If Matt has a strong preference for someone, unless there is a clear reason otherwise, then that person ought to be given serious, priority preference. My preference is Gary Kubiak but I trust Matt’s judgement on this much more than I trust my own. If Matt wants Bevell, Koetter or anyone else over who I want then I would clearly defer to his judgement. I just hope he gets that level of input in the decision. Matt is a coach on the field much more than most other quarterbacks are. I think he has earned and deserves this input and the front office would be smart to give it to him. I hope they do. 

I realize that having employees choose their supervisors is often not a good way to do things but I think in this situation, it would be the best way to handle it. Whoever it is, if Matt is ok with it and had input then I’m ok with it too. 

14 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Matt Ryan has earned and deserves to have substantial input into this decision. If Matt has a strong preference for someone, unless there is a clear reason otherwise, then that person ought to be given serious, priority preference. My preference is Gary Kubiak but I trust Matt’s judgement on this much more than I trust my own. If Matt wants Bevell, Koetter or anyone else over who I want then I would clearly defer to his judgement. I just hope he gets that level of input in the decision. Matt is a coach on the field much more than most other quarterbacks are. I think he has earned and deserves this input and the front office would be smart to give it to him. I hope they do. 

I realize that having employees choose their supervisors is often not a good way to do things but I think in this situation, it would be the best way to handle it. Whoever it is, if Matt is ok with it and had input then I’m ok with it too. 

I truly believe buddy can adapt to any OC. He did it in 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2018. 

Just get him a solid Oline that we can sustain a couple years. No more Dimi Olines please.

And a coach to coach em up. There's gotta be somebody out there like Gibbs.  A Yoda coach.

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I truly believe buddy can adapt to any OC. He did it in 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2018. 

Just get him a solid Oline that we can sustain a couple years. No more Dimi Olines please.

And a coach to coach em up. There's gotta be somebody out there like Gibbs.  A Yoda coach.

THREAD.

Yes, the new OC should be someone Matt is completely comfortable with, and a guy that would be open to his input and suggestions, but challenge him to be his best!  Nobody knows this team like Ryan does, and what works, and what doesn't. 
I just hope we don't rush into filling the OC position --- maybe, wait until after the Super Bowl and see who's available then.  Of course, if we do that, we may miss out on someone we originally wanted.....a Catch 22 --- 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Doesn't mean any OC is a good fit. We wouldn't be having this conversation if the opposite were true.

My gut tells me Ryan wants nothing to do with having to call plays. Give him the book, you call the plays and let him have some control at the line. He seems to do better when given the blueprint and told to execute it at the highest level instead of evaluating his blueprint designer.

Maybe he can give valuable insight to a guy once here, but he'd have to know each guys mind and basically do the work Quinn and staff should be doing.