atljbo

Koetter leading candidate for Falcons’ open OC position

119 posts in this topic

When Koetter was OC and Ryan had the ball in his hands with 30 seconds or more on the clock, I never doubted we were going to win. With Sark, I always knew that we were going to go 4 and out.

I would support him as a choice for OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was done with Sark but at the same time surprised he was fired, because though he is too inconsistent for me, he wasn't the main problem. 

The offensive line is the main problem.  Fix that and just about any OC should be able to put up points with the talent the Falcons have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, octoslash said:

I was done with Sark but at the same time surprised he was fired, because though he is too inconsistent for me, he wasn't the main problem. 

The offensive line is the main problem.  Fix that and just about any OC should be able to put up points with the talent the Falcons have.

For sure, though I don't think "putting up points" is the absolute goal, we need  to win a superbowl. Do you seriously trust Sark making critical play calls in playoff games? I absolutely don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

For sure, though I don't think "putting up points" is the absolute goal, we need  to win a superbowl. Do you seriously trust Sark making critical play calls in playoff games? I absolutely don't. 

Huh?  You make it sound like I was supporting him.

If you read what I said, the first statement is "I was done with Sark". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconFan1st said:

When Koetter was OC and Ryan had the ball in his hands with 30 seconds or more on the clock, I never doubted we were going to win. With Sark, I always knew that we were going to go 4 and out.

I would support him as a choice for OC.

Until the NFC Championship game.

Do not want Koetter back. Get some other young gun OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Until the NFC Championship game.

Do not want Koetter back. Get some other young gun OC.

That was on Ryan making a rookie mistake. He threw for the penalty  against Roddy that wasn't called. 

Dont need another young guy learning on our dime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 5:55 PM, Francis York Morgan said:

Dude just got hired at USC. Not likely he gets any NFL job this year imho.

yeah but the NFL site is saying that he's back on the 'interview circuit' in spite of just taking that job....

has to make them really happy with their choice now, doesn't it....

 

I'm curious, is his middle name Bobby or maybe Lane????  :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 5:41 PM, HEIST said:

I want Kliff Kingsbury, the Falcons likely want an old guy who is less likely to be poached for a head coaching job after a successful season.

 

On 12/31/2018 at 5:55 PM, Francis York Morgan said:

Dude just got hired at USC. Not likely he gets any NFL job this year imho.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006913/article/usc-oc-kliff-kingsbury-interviewing-with-cards-jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is he would jump at an NFL HC or OC position if offered. With that being said, we just got rid of a former short term USC coach. Why would we want to do that again??

papachaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has made an offense work with basically one really good receiver and that's it. Maybe I'm overstating it a little or a lot but give the guy an average OL and I think he would do a lot of good things here. People prob weren't a fan of him when he was here but the OL he had to work with might be worse than what we have now. I don't think you'd see the plague of bubble screens we did before...unless we once again have a cat **** sandwich of an OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

He has made an offense work with basically one really good receiver and that's it. Maybe I'm overstating it a little or a lot but give the guy an average OL and I think he would do a lot of good things here. People prob weren't a fan of him when he was here but the OL he had to work with might be worse than what we have now. I don't think you'd see the plague of bubble screens we did before...unless we once again have a cat **** sandwich of an OL

I thought the consensus was that Dirk was an excellent OC for us his first time around... Hard to fault him for the lack of running game when Turner was on his last leg and then we gave him S-Jax... and our line was bad. Personally, I would have no problem having Dirk come back, he is a clear upgrade over Sark IMO, he had an excellent relationship with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones PlUS he has been gameplanning against us for the last three seasons so he is extremely familiar with our team and what we can do. He is the option that will come with the fastest learning curve, and he's been a very good offensive coach for a long time in this league.

Edited by Dr Long Shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now