atljbo

Koetter leading candidate for Falcons’ open OC position

119 posts in this topic

Koetter isn't terrible but I really hope we go in another direction.

He won't commit to the run game even if it's working. It also seemed like when he was here, he didn't attack the middle of the field enough especially compared to Shanahan.

Everything was a 8 yard stop/curl route those last couple of years with no run game.

1 hour ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Why would they abandon the WCO to go get a guy Blank knows he fired before? SMFH. Its obviouslly Bevell or Kubiak 

But did Koetter really get fired as the Falcons OC?

I thought Mike Smith was fired and Koetter was granted to seek opportunities elsewhere?

papachaz and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Bevell actually came over and worked with Quinn for 3 weeks during preseason before Knapp came onboard.. I'm just not hyped for Bevell unless Quinn sees something in him 

If he had anything to do with our preseason performance he better not come near this team... he can go to tampa.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

13 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Just heard D Led confirm the rumor about Koetter on 92.9. I would prefer Koetter over Bevell but would prefer Kubiak over everybody. 

And there it is! :golfclap:

papachaz likes this

Sark was so bad, we forgot what an offense really looks like.  We all know when Koetter was here, he had LAMAR HOLMES, Peter Konz, Joe Hawley and Will Svitek I think.  ALL TRASH.  Koetter had one ok to decent offensive line in 2012.  

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, Rise said:

He's not.

And he made a negative comment on The Falcons after losing The Super Bowl as The Buc's Head Coach.

He's loyal to Mike Smith.

Mike Smith incorporated some zone-block, but they were mostly a regular run blcoking game.

2012 the offense disappear after a 10-0 start, and they were stopped by The Seahawks and later The 49ers.

Think about that roster:

Tony

Roddy White

a young Julio

Douglas as slot-WR

Turner and Snelling

I was asking for clarification for what was being said. I wasn't challenging anyone's opinion.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

So the whole theory about Gregg Knapp was all cap

I think Gregg Knapp is curse everywhere he goes people get fire or demoted.  

14 minutes ago, capologist said:

according to a source with knowledge of teams looking for offensive coordinators. = Koetter's agent

That was definitely an odd phrase.

Man I don't want to see Kutty again. No run game, ten bubble screens and a pass happy attack.

That aint the key. Just look at the Aints. Runnin the rock like they did in 2009. Got a Lombardi.

PokerSteve likes this

35 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Sark was so bad, we forgot what an offense really looks like.  We all know when Koetter was here, he had LAMAR HOLMES, Peter Konz, Joe Hawley and Will Svitek I think.  ALL TRASH.  Koetter had one ok to decent offensive line in 2012.  

So you’ll make excuses for Koetter but not for Sark? 

Vandy, papachaz, JDaveG and 2 others like this

Hiring Koetter would be beyond stupid. He runs a different blocking scheme on the OLine. We'd have to retool our entire OL and offensive scheme. 

Vandy likes this