Atl Falcon

The Beasley Verdict

115 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KCartledge85 said:

This is very inaccurate. Our LEO position is actually perfect for him if you think he’s best suited for a 3-4.

The guy simply doesn’t have “the bend” necessary for speed rushing.

Since entering the league in 2015, Beasley has 141 QB pressures which is 30th best over that period.  He’s not a world beater....but he isn’t hot garbage.  4 sacks, 6 pressures, 2 PD & a TD over his last 6 games when his snapcount was reduced

Falconsfan567 likes this

17 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

My only wonder is did they find the sweet spot w Vic when they adjusted his workload near the end of the season...he started to play better. That’s why I think a 1 year prove it deal is best for both sides.

That was my thought about his improvement and his PT was cut. Was it desperation or his agent getting in his ear to pick it up or truly the extent of what he can do in the NFL

. He is not a starter and if he wants to get paid like one he needs to go somewhere else

12 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Minnesota and SAN Fran threw 27 per and 90 mill guaranteed on QBs that aren’t worth it and haven’t done anything of note in the league.Yet giving a former NFL sack leader 12 on a tag or a 3 year 6-8 mill per or a one year prove it dealis too much.Cmon man what league are you watching this **** goes on all the time.

At least those QB are above average....can’t believe someone will throw 12m/yr at VB who is average

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Since entering the league in 2015, Beasley has 141 QB pressures which is 30th best over that period.  He’s not a world beater....but he isn’t hot garbage.  4 sacks, 6 pressures, 2 PD & a TD over his last 6 games when his snapcount was reduced

No he had 2 sacks over the last 6 gms - 1 against Arizona and 1 against GB. Arizona OL might be the worst in the league. He did have 2 sacks against Dallas the week before He’s even worse against the run....

at that rate of 2 per 6 gms would only cost 2.5 million per sack....

Edited by Atl Falcon

12 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

No he had 2 sacks over the last 6 gms - 1 against Arizona and 1 against GB. Arizona OL might be the worst in the league. He even worse against the run....

2 sacks vs Dallas...1 vs GB...1 vs Cardinals

18 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

My only wonder is did they find the sweet spot w Vic when they adjusted his workload near the end of the season...he started to play better. That’s why I think a 1 year prove it deal is best for both sides.

He really did come on towards the end.  I don't know what was different for him, but it's enough to give him another year.

I don't like the idea of paying that much money to a player who is reluctant to learn

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

2 sacks vs Dallas...1 vs GB...1 vs Cardinals

But the Dallas game was not played in his last 6  games —-that would be in his last 7 gms 

Edited by Atl Falcon

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

But the Dallas game was not played in his last 7 games

It was played on 11/18.  But no worries...not trying to argue.  Just laying out the idea the Vic wasn’t terrible 

Edited by Falconsin2012

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It was played on 11/18

It was the 10th gm of the yr and the 7th from the end of the yr...you said last 6....not that it really matters

Falconsin2012 likes this

Vic is an above average DE because of raw physical gifts, but hurt by his lack of talent.  This worked in college but won't cut it in the pros.  No other team will want to trade for him, they can wait until he is released and pick him up.  Team friendly deal or let him go.  I have a feeling he isn't going to be willing to take 4 to 6 million a year, which is what he is worth at most.  So, bye Felicia!

JeffAtl likes this

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

At least those QB are above average....can’t believe someone will throw 12m/yr at VB who is average

That’s not the point though.What your alluding too in all reality is common place round the league.

Above average is debateable they’ve been paid top dollar with no track record or anything.At least Beasley can say at a point in time he was the sack leader and best at doing so for a point in time.These mentioned QBs will probably never attain that.

We haven’t paid Beasley yet and I’d be willing to give this guy a chance on that tag because he probably knows it’s last chance saloon for him in the league.Like most what I’d hate to see is this guy go and blow it up somewhere else.To me we hold all the leverage we can defer him for another year with the tag and if he doesn’t produce we have options and can revisit it in 12 months.

Vandy and Falconsin2012 like this

They just fired our DC and Vic Beasley is a household name. At least here anyway. There’s no way he’s not sticking around after being the sack leader two years ago. The excuse could be bad coaching. My guess is the firing of Manuel means most guys are sticking around for this coming season.

If we let him go, BTW I'm good with that, he will most likely end up on a team with an elite pass rusher who is double teamed all the time and he will have a 15+ sack season and everyone will think we screwed up.  Bottom line, unless someone else is getting double-teamed, he's average at best.

I think hes kept on the cheap since DQ is taking over as DC - Id suspect DQ interviened and started working with Manuel or directly telling him what to do and Vic got a little better as the season went on - Pretty sure we keep Irvin as well, If we can get a true talent to put next to Grady - and add another rotational DE and Ricardo come back 100 from this achilles which is a big if, we can do a total turnaround on Def, I suspect that DQ tried to let his guys manage the DEF but its now been shown he needs to do it himself because that is primarily what he was hired for.  

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s not the point though.What your alluding too in all reality is common place round the league.

Above average is debateable they’ve been paid top dollar with no track record or anything.At least Beasley can say at a point in time he was the sack leader and best at doing so for a point in time.These mentioned QBs will probably never attain that.

We haven’t paid Beasley yet and I’d be willing to give this guy a chance on that tag because he probably knows it’s last chance saloon for him in the league.Like most what I’d hate to see is this guy go and blow it up somewhere else.To me we hold all the leverage we can defer him for another year with the tag and if he doesn’t produce we have options and can revisit it in 12 months.

He hasn’t proven much other than when he careered it that one year. He already trying as hard as he can but not producing results. We cant keep him here if he can’t produce in our scheme or worry about him leaving and flourishing in another scheme. The bottom line is the guy has not lived up to the hype or money. Tag him - I’d say run from him unless he’ll come back cheap

Edited by Atl Falcon
JeffAtl likes this

18 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I will laugh my *** off when Vic Beasley is suiting up for the Falcons come week 1. The outcry on this board will be hilarious!!

As would I, 567....as would I.

The man has the capability to be a impact player but there is clearly an issue with the noodle.  Maybe it was D coaching personalities, who knows?  If DQ can snap him out of it, let's have a team based contract loaded with incentives.  Carefully consider whether Grady Jarrett is as productive without VB...you know they've been a tandem for a while.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

As would I, 567....as would I.

Folks clearly have no idea how to evaluate players. It's been clear since the first day I posted here back in 2004 that the message board GM's know very very little.

Falconsin2012 and Falconcheff like this

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Folks clearly have no idea how to evaluate players. It's been clear since the first day I posted here back in 2004 that the message board GM's know very very little.

You are so right....you me and many others are not qualified to be GMs but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and they’re not always right or wrong. Some folks just need to realize that their opinion is no better than the guy they try to belittle. 

1989Fan likes this

15 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

You are so right....you me and many others are not qualified to be GMs but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and they’re not always right or wrong. Some folks just need to realize that their opinion is no better than the guy they try to belittle. 

I'm not trying to belittle anyone. I'm just trying to point out that Vic Beasley has been a whole lot better than people give him credit for and there is absolutely no reason to get rid of him. The numbers have been posted that shows that since Beasley came into the NFL he's been among the better defensive ends in the NFL at getting sacks and pressures. Yet we've got folks comparing him to someone like Jamaal Anderson who needed 2 years just to get 1 single sack and only had about 4 in his entire time with the Falcons.

95% of the posters on this message board have UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. It's why no one could talk any common sense into the "Fire Sark" people. It's why we got folks thinking Dan Quinn is on the hot seat for 2019. It's why we got folks that think Matt Ryan isn't an "elite" QB. Its why we've got folks that think the Falcons haven't invested in the OL despite the Falcons having one of the most expensive OLs in the NFL. Common sense isn't common on this message board. Objectivity isn't found on this message board.

Falconsin2012 likes this

46 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not trying to belittle anyone. I'm just trying to point out that Vic Beasley has been a whole lot better than people give him credit for and there is absolutely no reason to get rid of him. The numbers have been posted that shows that since Beasley came into the NFL he's been among the better defensive ends in the NFL at getting sacks and pressures. Yet we've got folks comparing him to someone like Jamaal Anderson who needed 2 years just to get 1 single sack and only had about 4 in his entire time with the Falcons.

95% of the posters on this message board have UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS. It's why no one could talk any common sense into the "Fire Sark" people. It's why we got folks thinking Dan Quinn is on the hot seat for 2019. It's why we got folks that think Matt Ryan isn't an "elite" QB. Its why we've got folks that think the Falcons haven't invested in the OL despite the Falcons having one of the most expensive OLs in the NFL. Common sense isn't common on this message board. Objectivity isn't found on this message board.

I present exhibit A into evidence.

33 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Beasley sucks. He runs from tackles, spins in one spot, get driven outta plays, and just plain takes plays off.