Atl Falcon

The Beasley Verdict

115 posts in this topic

What do the Falcons do with Beas ...trade him, cut him, pay him the 12m? He’s average at best and not worth the 12m next yr. Does he have trade value? Would he take a reduced salary? Is it time to let him go? He’s either a bust or in the wrong scheme IMO...but it’s time to make the decision. What needs to happen???

vitaman likes this

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

What do the Falcons do with Beas ...trade him, cut him, pay him the 12m? He’s average at best and not worth the 12m next yr. Does he have trade value? Would he take a reduced salary? Is it time to let him go? He’s either a bust or in the wrong scheme IMO...but it’s time to make the decision. What needs to happen???

Restructure out a very Falcons friendly 3 year deal or just let him walk.Maybe 3 years 18 to 20 million.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

They will rescind the 5th year option and then try to negotiate a market value deal for him, if they want to keep him. 

Mid that does work for them or him, he will not be a Falcon in 2019. 

I would try to do a 1 year prove it deal around 5M with some bonus incentives.

2 minutes ago, Ryan2White said:

Restructure out a very Falcons friendly 3 year deal or just let him walk.Maybe 3 years 18 to 20 million.

Seriously- you think Bs is worth 6.5m per year? I don’t see it....I’d just as soon have Brooks Reed. The Bs hype from college is over...he did not fulfill.   IMO there’s plenty of players out there better than Bs that could be had for MUCH MUCH less. What make Bs above average? Seriously?? 

Lifer, zekeyboy1 and vitaman like this

Before today, I thought that this was a moot topic as Beasley was liked by Quinn and Blank, so he would be back no matter the cost. 

After today, it is clear that Quinn feels the pressure to produce in 2019, so the Falcons might actually force Beasley to consider one of the deals mentioned above.

Atl Falcon and PokerSteve like this

I think Quinn taking over as DC helps VB’s chances of staying on the team, but I think it comes down to Irving. 

If Bruce signs before the Beasley decision has to be made, I think Falcons just tell him to kick rocks. TD has shown time after time he doesn’t like giving up on his first round picks however. Quinn is suppose to be known for developing DL, so cutting bait looks bad on both TD and DQ.

PokerSteve likes this

23 minutes ago, Ryan2White said:

He's goin on the 5th year of his rookie deal. I don't think there's a 'restructure' necessarily 

Rescind the offer, let him go and use that 12 mil elsewhere

Atl Falcon and PokerSteve like this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

My only wonder is did the find the sweet spot w Vic when they adjusted his workload near the end of the season...he started to play better. That’s why I think a 1 year prove it deal is best for both sides.

That's a good point, but the "sweet spot" ended up being the result of decreased snaps, especially on running downs.  That is probably where he plays best, but it also limits his value severely.

PokerSteve and vitaman like this

I like Beasley and think he can be useful for us as a player and would like to keep him here.  He seems to do much better with a vet presence next to him helping him out and showing him things.  I would keep both him and irvin at solid pay.  If either of them want more than 4 to 6 mil a year then they can both get gone and we will take that 12 mil and put it to a much better player than both of them.

PokerSteve and Atl Falcon like this

12 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Vic is gonna ball under the right coaching 

Yeah, I was going to say that I'd like to see what he does under a new DC.  He's not that far removed from leading the league in sacks, and he's quite an athlete.

PokerSteve likes this

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

They have draft pick #13.

They can only draft another small version of him at that pick. 

He will be back for the 12 mil 5th option.

That pick can be used for some other position.

JeffAtl likes this

If we have a viable replacement we will rescind the tag. It would be ideal too, 12.8 is too much for him. Demarcus lawrence for 15m might do it. that way losing beasley and reed would free up the cap space to get him. But we also need to pay jarrett....may have to pay jarrett, keep the 5th year on beasley and draft another DE again

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

They will rescind the 5th year option and then try to negotiate a market value deal for him, if they want to keep him. 

Mid that does work for them or him, he will not be a Falcon in 2019. 

I would try to do a 1 year prove it deal around 5M with some bonus incentives.

A team running 3-4 defense will throw $10-12,000,000/yearly at Beasley if he is allowed to test the market.  

I suspect we use that money to keep a Quinn veteran, Irvin.

Edited by Falconsin2012