Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconsIn2012

Kubiak Return To Coaching: Likely NOT in Denver

67 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Elway doesn't own the team.

The Pat Bowlen trust owns it.  They fired the daughter in 2015...lol.   3 trustees were appointed, they have the power and like having it.  They won’t relinquish it

34 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Arthur Blank didn't become a billionaire by making stupid decisions. Dan Quinn is still a great coach and he's not foolish enough to fire him.

He didn’t became a billionaire by not knowing when to cut losses. Sometimes you cut your losses and change.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He didn’t became a billionaire by not knowing when to cut losses. Sometimes you cut your losses and change.

Why do you want Dan Quinn fired so bad? 1 bad year out of 4 and you want him fired? First time in franchise history with back-to-back seasons with playoff wins. Yep. Let's fire him!! Really smart!

15 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Why do you want Dan Quinn fired so bad? 1 bad year out of 4 and you want him fired? First time in franchise history with back-to-back seasons with playoff wins. Yep. Let's fire him!! Really smart!

I don’t want him fired bad, he made some really dumb coaching decisions this year. One more year of same crap, he is gone. DQ started off great but he may end up as another Dan Reeves with SB loss, another winning season and followed by losing. In NFL you are either moving forward or backwards. Ryan and Julio aren’t getting any younger. It’s common in business to cut your losses in under performing assets. 

This Falconwire list has Kubiak as the best option for Falcons:

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/31/ranking-5-potential-candidates-to-replace-former-falcons-oc-steve-sarkisian/5/

Gary Kubiak, of the Shanahan family, runs a scheme that would be perfect for the Falcons personnel. He’d instantly know how to use all of the weapons in Atlanta and could get the most out of everyone. He’s good at picking out offensive linemen for his scheme and his concepts are entirely similar to what Kyle Shanahan used to run because he’s the one that taught him.

Kubiak has gotten the most out of Matt Schaub, Peyton Manning and even Joe Flacco. On top of that, he coached another Hall of Famer in John Elway. If there was anyone that could get the most out of Matt Ryan, it’s Kubiak.

On top of that, Kubiak could even convince Rick Dennison to come in as offensive line coach and wouldn’t be looking for head coaching jobs as he’s been there, done that with that role.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I suspect all this was decided and handshake hire made when it was announced a month ago that TD & Quinn were safe.  Quinn agreed to assume DC role and fire the coordinators as pawns.  It was around then that Kubiak rumors surfaced

Hope this is true

Schwarzwald likes this

37 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t want him fired bad, he made some really dumb coaching decisions this year. One more year of same crap, he is gone. DQ started off great but he may end up as another Dan Reeves with SB loss, another winning season and followed by losing. In NFL you are either moving forward or backwards. Ryan and Julio aren’t getting any younger. It’s common in business to cut your losses in under performing assets. 

Using your standards that a coach is only allowed to have two losing seasons, the Steelers should have fired Bill Cowherd long before he ever won the Super Bowl.

• 1992 = 11-5 (0-1)
  • 1993 = 9-7 (0-1)
  • 1994 = 12-4 (1-1)
  • 1995 = 11-5 (2-1) (Super Bowl Loss)
  • 1996 = 10-6 (1-1)
  • 1997 = 11-5 (1-1)
  • 1998 = 7-9
  • 1999 = 6-10

By your standards you would have fired Bill Cowherd because he had a Super Bowl loss and eventually suffered 2 straight losing seasons. Thank God Arthur Blank is smarter than you and won't fire Dan Quinn after 2019 regardless of how the season plays out. Blank has talked about following the model of franchises like the Steelers and Patriots that preach stability at the top.

13 hours ago, k-train said:

The have all their current assistant coaches under contract still. Elway mentioned he wanted it that way so the new HC can decide if he wanted to keep any of them on board for the sake of continuity,

What if, just as hypothetical exercise, kubiak didn't want an OC job and wanted a more offensive contributor role? Do you elevate Knapp to OC? I would. Then again I don't drink normally and I've had 8 bulls and voddie. Nothing like being blacked out and wide awake.

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Using your standards that a coach is only allowed to have two losing seasons, the Steelers should have fired Bill Cowherd long before he ever won the Super Bowl.

• 1992 = 11-5 (0-1)
  • 1993 = 9-7 (0-1)
  • 1994 = 12-4 (1-1)
  • 1995 = 11-5 (2-1) (Super Bowl Loss)
  • 1996 = 10-6 (1-1)
  • 1997 = 11-5 (1-1)
  • 1998 = 7-9
  • 1999 = 6-10

By your standards you would have fired Bill Cowherd because he had a Super Bowl loss and eventually suffered 2 straight losing seasons. Thank God Arthur Blank is smarter than you and won't fire Dan Quinn after 2019 regardless of how the season plays out. Blank has talked about following the model of franchises like the Steelers and Patriots that preach stability at the top.

This is the best post I've seen in awhile.

6 hours ago, abcranford2 said:

Elway owns the team so don't really see him being in the hot seat lol...

Elway was part owner of the Colorado crush. Not sure you understand how money works.

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I can bet that DQ will be fired if he goes 6-10 barring and injury to Matt Ryan. AB isn’t gonna waste another season. The way DQ coached all season, his seat is warm. Not hot or at risk but another losing season he is gone.

Not with 3 new coordinators. Lol. Blank knows when to take responsibility for his own actions. He isn't a millennial. MS proved that Blank knows that rolling HC over and over won't get him any closer.

6 hours ago, Dawggone said:

Does Kubiak employ a zone hlocking scheme?

TBH does it really matter? Our only good OL can play in any scheme. We need 2 og and RT either way. I fully believe even koetter wouldn't have a 5 game skid of less than 20 ppg.

6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Even in business circumstances are considered before changes are made. You don't make change for the sake of making changes 

Falconsfan567 and ya_boi_j like this