Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconsIn2012

Kubiak Return To Coaching: Likely NOT in Denver

67 posts in this topic

 

The biggest problem for Denver is that they don't have a QB. Their best reciever will be a 32 year old Emmanuel Sanders once next season comes around.

 

They do have a good RB in Phillip Lindsay though. But still doesn't look like a good situation for Kubiak as an OC next season.

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

The biggest problem for Denver is that they don't have a QB. Their best reciever will be a 32 year old Emmanuel Sanders once next season comes around.

 

They do have a good RB in Phillip Lindsay though. But still doesn't look like a good situation for Kubiak as an OC next season.

They didn’t offer him OC...just a role with the offense.  I find it odd Elway wouldn’t simply make him OC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hibachi said:

Only problem is, Kubiak is a threat to Quinn's job. Will he pull the trigger?

 

Kubiak isn't a threat because he doesn't want the stress of being a HC due to his medical history.

 

Which is why he stepped down from the Broncos HC position not too long after winning the SB.

Schwarzwald and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hibachi said:

Only problem is, Kubiak is a threat to Quinn's job. Will he pull the trigger?

Nah. Quinn's job may potentially be on the line next year. That's one of the reasons he's taking over as DC. That's HIS strength. He needs to have somebody at the OC spot that leaves no doubt. 

If we struggle next year again, doesn't matter if it's Petrino, Kubiak or Jesus as the OC, Quinn's seat will be burning hot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

The biggest problem for Denver is that they don't have a QB. Their best reciever will be a 32 year old Emmanuel Sanders once next season comes around.

 

They do have a good RB in Phillip Lindsay though. But still doesn't look like a good situation for Kubiak as an OC next season.

Apparently Lindsay had some pretty significant ligament damage done to his wrist  when he got hurt on Xmas Eve vs the Raiders. Expected to miss 4-6 months & then could need to wear a brace for a while. Will never regain the same level of strength in that hand, and how the ligaments heal is pretty much all up in the air. Best case scenario he misses most of the offseason & while never the same as pre-injury, his wrist heals up enough to still play during the regular season. Worst case, he might not be able to grip the ball firmly/effective enough to continue as an NFL running back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

They didn’t offer him OC...just a role with the offense.  I find it odd Elway wouldn’t simply make him OC

The have all their current assistant coaches under contract still. Elway mentioned he wanted it that way so the new HC can decide if he wanted to keep any of them on board for the sake of continuity,

Schwarzwald likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This begs the question: why wouldn’t Elway want him as OC?

He still might.

Right now, they still have all of the assistant coaches under contract & Elway said he wanted to give the new HC an opportunity to decide if they want to keep any of those coaches on board for the sake of continuity before having to assemble a totally new staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, k-train said:

Apparently Lindsay had some pretty significant ligament damage done to his wrist  when he got hurt on Xmas Eve vs the Raiders. Expected to miss 4-6 months & then could need to wear a brace for a while. Will never regain the same level of strength in that hand, and how the ligaments heal is pretty much all up in the air. Best case scenario he misses most of the offseason & while never the same as pre-injury, his wrist heals up enough to still play during the regular season. Worst case, he might not be able to grip the ball firmly/effective enough to continue as an NFL running back.

 

Well crap

 

That makes the Broncos OC job look even worse because Lindsay was by far their best player on offense this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

You still think it’s a zero percent chance he’s coming here?

Probably 10% now since Sark is actually fired.. I have a bad feeling Bevell is moving to Atlanta 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Kubiak just needs to help our OL get solidified and better positional coaches if necessary by coming in and having input early in the offseason.

Would love the hire because I know Matt handled Sark; who was new to the NFL.

I would love to get Kubiak, and like @Smiler11 mentioned in another thread he could bring his son along too. His son (Klint) can help with the receivers.

Maybe that would free up Raheem Morris to move back to the defensive side of the ball.

 

Smiler11 and mikeg272 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

 

Nor Winston is a QB to run WCO. 

He ran it in college. But yeah Kubiak isn't going to Tampa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Gase returns to Denver as Head Coach

...to teach their new young QB (either from the 2019 0r 2020 NFL Draft).

 

..and my guess..Kubiak remains retired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Fingers crossed, bro.  All I want for Christmas is Kubiak as OC, Knapp as QB Coach.

When Kubiak was HC & Knapp QB Coach, Denver was the only team in history to post 10,000 yards and 1,000 points over 2 year span

lol, you do realize before we hired  Greg Knapp, we went 11 and 6. With the same coaching staff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, k-train said:

For what it's worth, here is a more recent tweet from the same reporter who posted the tweet used by the OP:

Elway talked about Gary Kubiak staying. Atlanta was among the teams interested in hiring Kubiak. Can #Broncos find coaching role for Kubiak, even if it's not OC, but an offensive role that allows him to contribute during the week? Seems like that is now a possibility. #Denver7

The thing is he’s NOT currently employed by the Broncos so Elway really doesn’t have no say. 

If the Broncos don’t start winning soon, Elway will be on the hot seat himself.

Whereas in Atlanta he will have Julio, Ryan, Free, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Matthews and Mack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cole World said:

The thing is he’s NOT currently employed by the Broncos so Elway really doesn’t have no say. 

If the Broncos don’t start winning soon, Elway will be on the hot seat himself.

Whereas in Atlanta he will have Julio, Ryan, Free, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Matthews and Mack.

True...but we can’t exactly sell job security considering what transpired today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

True...but we can’t exactly sell job security considering what transpired today.

Sure you can. Play to Kubiak’s self confidence and tell him he has a job here as long as he performs like we know he is capable of performing. Sell it as we got rid of people so we could bring in Kubiak who is the best. We are committed to winning. Arthur is a salesman. He could sell this easily. 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

True...but we can’t exactly sell job security considering what transpired today.

LOL!! The Falcons could go 6-10 in 2019 and Dan Quinn wouldn't get fired. I would bet money on that. Dan Quinn is not on the hot seat. Not when he's done more in 4 years than any other coach in the history of the franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

LOL!! The Falcons could go 6-10 in 2019 and Dan Quinn wouldn't get fired. I would bet money on that. Dan Quinn is not on the hot seat. Not when he's done more in 4 years than any other coach in the history of the franchise.

I can bet that DQ will be fired if he goes 6-10 barring and injury to Matt Ryan. AB isn’t gonna waste another season. The way DQ coached all season, his seat is warm. Not hot or at risk but another losing season he is gone.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Kubiak would be crazy to not get his hands on this offensive talent, especially knowing that he would have full control over all aspects of the offense and not have a HC interfering with it. One of the good things about Dan Quinn is that he lets his coaches have full reign. It worked against him in the Super Bowl but more times than not letting your coaches do their thing is for the best.

pretty much the same thing I said in one of the other 900 threads on this.....  GMTA???  hahaha, poor you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cole World said:

The thing is he’s NOT currently employed by the Broncos so Elway really doesn’t have no say. 

If the Broncos don’t start winning soon, Elway will be on the hot seat himself.

Whereas in Atlanta he will have Julio, Ryan, Free, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Matthews and Mack.

Elway owns the team so don't really see him being in the hot seat lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

I can bet that DQ will be fired if he goes 6-10 barring and injury to Matt Ryan. AB isn’t gonna waste another season. The way DQ coached all season, his seat is warm. Not hot or at risk but another losing season he is gone.

Arthur Blank didn't become a billionaire by making stupid decisions. Dan Quinn is still a great coach and he's not foolish enough to fire him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites