FalconsIn2012

Kubiak Return To Coaching: Likely NOT in Denver

67 posts in this topic

“The Denver Broncos are expecting Gary Kubiakto go back to coaching in 2019 as an assistant and it won’t likely be in Denver. It was reported in mid November that Kubiak was considering a return to coaching as an offensive coordinator in 2019 and it would appear he is pursuing that now.”

K4bB_VNP_bigger.jpg

With #Falcons firing Sark, Kubiak could end up in Atlanta as OC. I said last night on #Denver7 I expect him to go to NFC team. That might be the fit. #Denver7

Edited by Falconsin2012

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It will be in Hotlanta. 

Fingers crossed, bro.  All I want for Christmas is Kubiak as OC, Knapp as QB Coach.

When Kubiak was HC & Knapp QB Coach, Denver was the only team in history to post 10,000 yards and 1,000 points over 2 year span

Edited by Falconsin2012

Quinn HAS to hit with his OC hire. Someone he can hand the offensive keys to and not look back. Kubiak would require little to no input from Quinn. Let Quinn do his thing on defense. I hope Quinn realizes that he needs that and his next OC hire has to be a slam dunk. Kubiak would be that guy.

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

Quinn HAS to hit with his OC hire. Someone he can hand the offensive keys to and not look back. Kubiak would require little to no input from Quinn. Let Quinn do his thing on defense. I hope Quinn realizes that he needs that and his next OC hire has to be slam dunk. Kubiak would be that guy.

I suspect all this was decided and handshake hire made when it was announced a month ago that TD & Quinn were safe.  Quinn agreed to assume DC role and fire the coordinators as pawns.  It was around then that Kubiak rumors surfaced

arrogantBEAST likes this

Kubiak would be crazy to not get his hands on this offensive talent, especially knowing that he would have full control over all aspects of the offense and not have a HC interfering with it. One of the good things about Dan Quinn is that he lets his coaches have full reign. It worked against him in the Super Bowl but more times than not letting your coaches do their thing is for the best.

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Fingers crossed, bro.  All I want for Christmas is Kubiak as OC, Knapp as QB Coach.

When Kubiak was HC & Knapp QB Coach, Denver was the only team in history to post 10,000 yards and 1,000 points over 2 year span

In next day or two hopefully. Hottest OC job opening in NFL is in ATL.

The Don™ and Drew4719 like this

7 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Watch Tampa get Kubiak 

Lmao, they pull away with the draft position AND the dream hire. Let's see how this board tries to flip that narrative.

but nah, I think he'd rather coach Ryan than Winston to be fair

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

11 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Watch Tampa get Kubiak 

10 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Hes not getting into head coaching 

Nor Winston is a QB to run WCO. 

For what it's worth, here is a more recent tweet from the same reporter who posted the tweet used by the OP:

Elway talked about Gary Kubiak staying. Atlanta was among the teams interested in hiring Kubiak. Can #Broncos find coaching role for Kubiak, even if it's not OC, but an offensive role that allows him to contribute during the week? Seems like that is now a possibility. #Denver7

FalconsIn2012 likes this

9 minutes ago, k-train said:

For what it's worth, here is a more recent tweet from the same reporter who posted the tweet used by the OP:

Elway talked about Gary Kubiak staying. Atlanta was among the teams interested in hiring Kubiak. Can #Broncos find coaching role for Kubiak, even if it's not OC, but an offensive role that allows him to contribute during the week? Seems like that is now a possibility. #Denver7

Hmmm...does he want to have a role with a good offense...or be the reason for a great offense returning to form.

Edited by Falconsin2012

Man, if Kub is as good as people think he could be with us, he would be perfect. Mainly because he wouldn't run off to an HC job after a year of success. He could make a nice comfy home here and stay for a long time. Also, with Quinn as DC now we could be looking at a dynasty to close out Matt's career.

mqpgb.jpg

29 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

And Adam Gase as OC.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

12 minutes ago, k-train said:

This begs the question: why wouldn’t Elway want him as OC?

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

26 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Quinn HAS to hit with his OC hire. Someone he can hand the offensive keys to and not look back. Kubiak would require little to no input from Quinn. Let Quinn do his thing on defense. I hope Quinn realizes that he needs that and his next OC hire has to be a slam dunk. Kubiak would be that guy.

Only problem is, Kubiak is a threat to Quinn's job. Will he pull the trigger?

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, Hibachi said:

Only problem is, Kubiak is a threat to Quinn's job. Will he pull the trigger?

I don’t buy that thought process. Shanny could have been viewed as a threat. All HCs want the best coordinators. Look at tuna and belichik. 

Vandy, Drew4719, gazoo and 1 other like this

Just now, MSalmon said:

I don’t buy that thought process. Shanny could have been viewed as a threat. All HCs want the best coordinators. Look at tuna and belichik. 

And Kubiak made it clear he doesn't want to be a head coach again but would be interested in being an offensive coordinator.

MSalmon and Drew4719 like this

Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

And Kubiak made it clear he doesn't want to be a head coach again but would be interested in being an offensive coordinator.

True. He’s dam good at it, though. What a great OC. 

Drew4719 and MilleniumFalcon like this