Jump to content

Kubiak Return To Coaching: Likely NOT in Denver


FalconsIn2012
 Share

Recommended Posts

“The Denver Broncos are expecting Gary Kubiakto go back to coaching in 2019 as an assistant and it won’t likely be in Denver. It was reported in mid November that Kubiak was considering a return to coaching as an offensive coordinator in 2019 and it would appear he is pursuing that now.”

 

K4bB_VNP_bigger.jpg
 
 
 

With #Falcons firing Sark, Kubiak could end up in Atlanta as OC. I said last night on #Denver7 I expect him to go to NFC team. That might be the fit. #Denver7

Edited by Falconsin2012
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

It will be in Hotlanta. 

Fingers crossed, bro.  All I want for Christmas is Kubiak as OC, Knapp as QB Coach.

When Kubiak was HC & Knapp QB Coach, Denver was the only team in history to post 10,000 yards and 1,000 points over 2 year span

Edited by Falconsin2012
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

Quinn HAS to hit with his OC hire. Someone he can hand the offensive keys to and not look back. Kubiak would require little to no input from Quinn. Let Quinn do his thing on defense. I hope Quinn realizes that he needs that and his next OC hire has to be slam dunk. Kubiak would be that guy.

I suspect all this was decided and handshake hire made when it was announced a month ago that TD & Quinn were safe.  Quinn agreed to assume DC role and fire the coordinators as pawns.  It was around then that Kubiak rumors surfaced

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kubiak would be crazy to not get his hands on this offensive talent, especially knowing that he would have full control over all aspects of the offense and not have a HC interfering with it. One of the good things about Dan Quinn is that he lets his coaches have full reign. It worked against him in the Super Bowl but more times than not letting your coaches do their thing is for the best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Fingers crossed, bro.  All I want for Christmas is Kubiak as OC, Knapp as QB Coach.

When Kubiak was HC & Knapp QB Coach, Denver was the only team in history to post 10,000 yards and 1,000 points over 2 year span

In next day or two hopefully. Hottest OC job opening in NFL is in ATL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, here is a more recent tweet from the same reporter who posted the tweet used by the OP:

Elway talked about Gary Kubiak staying. Atlanta was among the teams interested in hiring Kubiak. Can #Broncos find coaching role for Kubiak, even if it's not OC, but an offensive role that allows him to contribute during the week? Seems like that is now a possibility. #Denver7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, k-train said:

For what it's worth, here is a more recent tweet from the same reporter who posted the tweet used by the OP:

Elway talked about Gary Kubiak staying. Atlanta was among the teams interested in hiring Kubiak. Can #Broncos find coaching role for Kubiak, even if it's not OC, but an offensive role that allows him to contribute during the week? Seems like that is now a possibility. #Denver7

Hmmm...does he want to have a role with a good offense...or be the reason for a great offense returning to form.

Edited by Falconsin2012
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, if Kub is as good as people think he could be with us, he would be perfect. Mainly because he wouldn't run off to an HC job after a year of success. He could make a nice comfy home here and stay for a long time. Also, with Quinn as DC now we could be looking at a dynasty to close out Matt's career.

mqpgb.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, k-train said:

For what it's worth, here is a more recent tweet from the same reporter who posted the tweet used by the OP:

Elway talked about Gary Kubiak staying. Atlanta was among the teams interested in hiring Kubiak. Can #Broncos find coaching role for Kubiak, even if it's not OC, but an offensive role that allows him to contribute during the week? Seems like that is now a possibility. #Denver7

This begs the question: why wouldn’t Elway want him as OC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Quinn HAS to hit with his OC hire. Someone he can hand the offensive keys to and not look back. Kubiak would require little to no input from Quinn. Let Quinn do his thing on defense. I hope Quinn realizes that he needs that and his next OC hire has to be a slam dunk. Kubiak would be that guy.

Only problem is, Kubiak is a threat to Quinn's job. Will he pull the trigger?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...