E. T.

Great moves today for the franchise!

38 posts in this topic

Letting the big 3 coaches go is an excellent move the Falcons made today and I applaud it.

We must make a much needed splash in this dept. We have grade "A" talent on this team for not just anybody to take control of.

We must bring in top notch experienced coaching who know the ways of the NFL, who know what your opponent is doing and can counter it and exploit them!

Football minds! we must bring them in to succeed and to put us over the top!

I LOVE this move....and surrounding us with knowledgeable people will turn us around! No doubt about it! But again....we must make that splash and this is our opportunity!

So now they start all over with new schemes on 3 fronts not just one

Does the OC want a running QB?? Does he want more better TEs?? does he want a bigger less mobile Oline???

Does the DC want a 3/4?

What does the SPC want???

Yea they got talent  BUT is it the right kind of talent for the new schemes??? It will be another 2/3 years before it all gets sorted out  THEN it will be time to start all over again

What will this be Ryan;s 4th or 5th new schemes in 11 years

Just now, delaigle said:

Does the OC want a running QB?? Does he want more better TEs?? does he want a bigger less mobile Oline???

Does the DC want a 3/4?

Yea they got talent  BUT is it the right kind of talent for the new schemes??? It will be another 2/3 years before it all gets sorted out  THEN it will be time to start all over again

Quinn is going to be the DC. This was reported earlier this morning

Tim Mazetti likes this

9 minutes ago, delaigle said:

Does the DC want a 3/4?

A good experienced coordinator should be able to take what we have, add-subtract a few pieces, and scheme to our strengths. It's basically what Shanny did.... he brought in pieces to bolster the oline, brought in a speedy receiver, a veteran TE, a hammer for a FB, and drafted a speedy RB. The rest he implemented his scheme.

1 minute ago, E. T. said:

A good experienced coordinator should be able to take what we have, add-subtract a few pieces, and scheme to our strengths. It's basically what Shanny did....

Yeah, in year two

Run 'n' Shoot likes this

21 minutes ago, delaigle said:

Does the DC want a 3/4?

Do you think Blank will hire an OC that says "yeah I'll take the job but only if you get rid of Ryan"? 

His wing tip would be up their arse before they left the Branch. 

1 minute ago, shc said:

Yeah, in year two

2 years to get the kind of results we did in 2016 is really not bad at all. It developed.

I don't' know about you or everyone else, but I want that type of execution and production again! This is what it's going to take, a master football mind to put it back together.

Sark or any other low tier coach is not going to give us those results!

Sark was a bad hire from jump!!! rookie OC for a veteran team!! but having said that he showed some improvement this year. all this move tells me is that Quinn is now admitting he shouldn't have made such a reach in the first place! he totally let down the team when he hired Sark! Blank is giving him next year to fix it!! #OneYearLeft

Edited by sanfranfalcon
PokerSteve likes this

36 minutes ago, delaigle said:

Does the DC want a 3/4?

Clearly, only OCs that are compatible with Ryan will be considered.  Maybe an OL change will be considered, but I would imagine it wouldn't be considered the ideal case.

Quinn will be the DC, so no changes there.

Doesn't really matter much what the Special Teams Coordinator wants.

boogerredd likes this

18 hours ago, JeffAtl said:

Clearly, only OCs that are compatible with Ryan will be considered.  Maybe an OL change will be considered, but I would imagine it wouldn't be considered the ideal case.

Quinn will be the DC, so no changes there.

Doesn't really matter much what the Special Teams Coordinator wants.

You all are taking my EXAMPLES TOO LITERALLY

they were only meant to show there will be differences --not to point out a specific

18 hours ago, delaigle said:

Does the DC want a 3/4?

The OC will be picked around the QB, not the other way around.

PokerSteve likes this

18 hours ago, E. T. said:

2 years to get the kind of results we did in 2016 is really not bad at all. It developed.

I don't' know about you or everyone else, but I want that type of execution and production again! This is what it's going to take, a master football mind to put it back together.

Sark or any other low tier coach is not going to give us those results!

and just how often does this occur-  for FALCONS-well only ONCE in over 50 years  you willing to wait????

19 hours ago, delaigle said:

Does the DC want a 3/4?

it's gonna be a great year for anyone they choose. watch. New OC with 2 or 3 upgraded Oline. freeman(hopefully) Will be close to the old Freeman. veteran WR.  Matt Ryan and Julio have career years....2nd best for Matt.  the OC is fired for style. the style won't change much. but the approach will change

It depends on who they get. I'm not saying Sark was the answer but his offense was not that bad. Considering the adjustment for him and the team in year one; not to mention the many dropped balls and the personnel injuries in year two things could have been much worse. We were the #10 scoring offense (Pittsburgh was the only other team in the top 10 to not make the playoffs).

We probably will never see the 2016 offense again. I hope they find someone that can elevate the team but let's face it, whoever they get will be a rehash or out the door after a couple of good years.

Problem w the offense is that it was bad when it mattered most. Game on the line you couldn’t count on the offense, which has never been the case in the Ryan era.

JeffAtl and PokerSteve like this

19 hours ago, delaigle said:

Does the DC want a 3/4?

You don't know that even one scheme will be different, much less all three. The WCO is not a rare offense where the FO is going to have problems digging up good, experienced candidates with that background.

As for the defensive scheme, Quinn is just going to take over the play-calling, which worked very well in 2016. No scheme change there.

As for having to wait another two to three years before the team settles in with ONE main new coordinator, I just don't see any reason why that would be the case. The ST coordinator I don't think will be an issue. They will be better almost by default.

I'd like to ask you if you believe deep down Sark and Manuel had the coaching skills, the leadership skills, the creativity to EVER win a Super Bowl? Not talking about in two or three years, but ever? I honestly don't.

Despite what Ryan, Julio and others might have said in support of Sark, they are going to be excited at the prospect of getting an OC who knows the NFL and can make adjustments on the fly, who will provide game plans with a lot more depth that will boost confidence and get the players fired up to go out there and execute the plan.

I know it was gut-wrenching for Quinn to fire all 3 of his main coaches. These were friends as well as associates. He will not dishonor those guys by hiring people who are less capable than they were. And it would be employment suicide if he doesn't get these replacement hires right. 

These changes had to be made and I applaud Quinn for having the courage to make them. He's going to bring in some coordinators with much better credentials and chances of success this time. This is going to work way better than sticking with who we had and it's not going to take two or three years for that to be confirmed.