Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Don™

Darrell Bevell to interview for OC job

78 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

TRUST ME, you guys do NOT want Darrell Bevell - not unless you want the lame moniker of "Failcons" to be true, providing more ammo to your fellow NFC South brethren.

-Signed, a Seahawks fan

If you guys by chance beat the cowgirls. Please beat the living out of the saints. I want them dead!

-$igned, Falcons fan.

SeahawkFan80 likes this

On 12/31/2018 at 8:24 PM, Falconsin2012 said:

To be fair, Pete Carroll traded their all-pro center for Jimmy Graham.  It left Bevell with these players as his starting OL:

1 Germain Ifedi RT $1,502,746 0.97%
2 Bradley Sowell LT $1,000,000 0.65%
3 Justin Britt C $942,800 0.61%
4 Mark Glowinski G $611,423 0.4%
5 Rees Odhiambo T $611,355 0.4%
6 Garry Gilliam RT $604,000 0.39%

Not surprisingly, the Seahawks finished dead last in OL play.

32. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (32)

Top overall grade: C Justin Britt, 80.5 (No. 16)

Top pass-blocking grade: C Justin Britt, 79.1 (No. 21)

Top run-blocking grade: C Justin Britt, 71.9 (No. 18)

Nobody has invested less in their offensive line than the Seattle Seahawks, and it showed in their performance over the 2016 season, with the unit being directly responsible for some of the team’s losses. Even their best performer, Justin Britt, was moved to center in a last-ditch attempt to salvage his career, rather than have to invest more in the position (though he has played far better at center than any other position, surrendering no sacks or hits this season). The other four starters top out at overall grades of 52.3, and the best-ranked among them (LG Mark Glowinski) is the 63rd-ranked player at his position league-wide. The success Seattle has experienced this season is entirely in spite of its offensive line, and requires QB Russell Wilson and the running backs to play stellar football to continue to overcome the unit’s deficiencies.

ok points are well made and taken. 

now, have you seen the shape of our OL??? asking for a friend  :ninja:

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 hours ago, RolandDeschain said:

TRUST ME, you guys do NOT want Darrell Bevell - not unless you want the lame moniker of "Failcons" to be true, providing more ammo to your fellow NFC South brethren.

-Signed, a Seahawks fan

It's actually FAILCLOWNS and with the way they seem to find more and more embarassing ways of losing, I'd say the moniker fits.