Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSalmon

I’m betting that it’s Kubiak for OC

78 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Knapp stays as QB coach , we get a new WR coach and Morris  ends up like Richards is in Dallas.

thoughts?

Knapp and Kubiak have worked together before.

Has this been the plan since Knapp got here ? I thought Knapp was the future OC, but has Kubiak been the target since Day 1?

MSalmon, Cole World and Drew4719 like this

1 minute ago, Geneaut said:

Knapp and Kubiak have worked together before.

Has this been the plan since Knapp got here ? I thought Knapp was the future OC, but has Kubiak been the target since Day 1?

I kinda wonder that as you’re right, Knapp and Kubiak go way back. We’ve got everything in place for Kubiak. If he went to Denver he’s back in that look for a QB roller coaster. Here he’s got Matt, Hoop, Ridley, Julio , and Sanu . All great fits for his schemes 

Drew4719 and Geneaut like this

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I kinda wonder that as you’re right, Knapp and Kubiak go way back. We’ve got everything in place for Kubiak. If he went to Denver he’s back in that look for a QB roller coaster. Here he’s got Matt, Hoop, Ridley, Julio , and Sanu . All great fits for his schemes 

Yep, and he's had one of his guys here all year watching them first hand.

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

55 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

that's the easiest sales pitch ever. don't forget a healthy Free. it would be like Halle Berry coming up to me and saying "what some?"

Lowndesfalc and Cole World like this

I just read a Tweet form Knox Bardeen saying that the Falcons are bringing in Darrell Bevel for an interview. 

Have you ever seen a Ferrari imitate a pickup truck?  That is the Falcons offense under Bevel. 

53 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Yep, and he's had one of his guys here all year watching them first hand.

Here’s hoping. The running back situation will be interesting with Kubiak and Knapp (if it happens), we might see hill take a huge role or a bigger north/south runner drafted. I’m not sure how free fits as a full time back in Kubiak system 

Flyin' In DC likes this

Just now, falcndave said:

I just read a Tweet form Knox Bardeen saying that the Falcons are bringing in Darrell Bevel for an interview. 

Have you ever seen a Ferrari imitate a pickup truck?  That is the Falcons offense under Bevel. 

Seen that reported. I'm just hoping it is a courtesy interview for a friend. Fingers crossed.

1 minute ago, raysnill1 said:

that's the easiest sales pitch ever. don't forget a healthy Free. it would be like Halle Berry coming up to me and saying "what some?"

Free is interesting. I’m curious how he’ll fit if Kubiak is hired. He dances a lot. Kubiak has used those 6 foot 220 lb north south guys a lot. I think free will be on a serious time share if Kubiak comes 

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

Knapp stays as QB coach , we get a new WR coach and Morris  ends up like Richards is in Dallas.

thoughts?

My initial inclination is that Horse Face will snatch him up first.

NCFalconfan likes this

Kubiak makes complete sense.

Shannys offense is really just an off shoot of Kubiaks, Knapp is also familiar with him. Kubiak can step in and we'd run the same offense cause it was Kubiaks to begin with. As the designer off this offense he will be able to adjust better and he has a real football mind and doesn't just read from a playbook.

With Quinn now being DC Kubiaks vast HC experience will be really helpful to Quinn.

It makes so much sense that it probably won't happen.

2 minutes ago, falcndave said:

That’s true. I hope it’s not bevel. Ugh

Just now, MSalmon said:

Here’s hoping. The running back situation will be interesting with Kubiak and Knapp (if it happens), we might see hill take a huge role or a bigger north/south runner drafted. I’m not sure how free fits as a full time back in Kubiak system 

Until Free shows me he's 100% healthy I'm fine with him not being an every down type back. I know he's paid a lot for that but it is what it is right now.

MSalmon and Flyin' In DC like this

Just now, Pacific_Falcon said:

My initial inclination is that Horse Face will snatch him up first.

I don’t know. If he had a qb or this was a great draft for a qb maybe. But Denver offense is seriously hosed right now with Keemun 

Just now, Geneaut said:

Until Free shows me he's 100% healthy I'm fine with him not being an every down type back. I know he's paid a lot for that but it is what it is right now.

And that may be case. He’s still valuable. I can see an almost sproles type role

Geneaut likes this

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

Kubiack makes complete sense.

Shannys offense is really just an off shoot of Kubiacks, Knapp is also familiar with him. Kubiack can step in and we'd run the same offense cause it was Kubiaks to begin with. As the designer off this offense he will be able to adjust better and he has a real football mind and doesn't just read from a playbook.

With Quinn now being DC Kubiaks vast HC experience will be really helpful to Quinn.

It makes so much sense that it probably won't happen.

Yup. Great post

sanfranfalcon and Flyin' In DC like this

@MikeKlis: Elway: He expects Gary Kubiak to be part of Broncos organization in 2019. Which means offensive coordinator is possible. Kubiak would make sense to team with likes of Munchak, Fangio, Pagano and Flores. #9sports

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

@MikeKlis: Elway: He expects Gary Kubiak to be part of Broncos organization in 2019. Which means offensive coordinator is possible. Kubiak would make sense to team with likes of Munchak, Fangio, Pagano and Flores. #9sports

Who knows. Kubiak has lots of options, but our offense is ready. He needs very little. Heck, he might drag Alex Gibbs out of retirement lol