MilleniumFalcon

Ian Rapoport: Keep an eye on Gary Kubiak in Atlanta

93 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

I was waiting for this response...

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/21387/kyle-shanahan-on-leaving-browns-dan-quinn-was-guy-i-wanted-to-be-with

and if you don’t feel like reading, Boy Wonder states that he and Quinn talked before Quinn was even hired and built a relationship with him.

Good read, thanks for sharing! I wonder how many coaches are intertwined like they were years before uniting? 

25 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Quinn prefers to hire people he’s familiar with...

That is not speculation at all.  That’s fact.

Bevell is somebody who Quinn is very familiar with, which is why his name has been floating around for at least a solid month and is why he’s the first person being interviewed.

In order for us to hire somebody who Quinn is not as familiar with it would more than likely have to be overridden by a higher authority.  Quinn goes to bat pretty hard for his buddies.

Everything is speculative at this point, that is correct.  However, if you take your feelings out of it and go by what Quinn has shown us since being here then you, too, can admit that Bevell is a very strong front runner that will be backed heavily by Quinn probably more than any other candidate.

Lol. Every head coach hires people they are familiar with. Also...Shanahan was not a buddy like you’re suggesting. 

1 hour ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I am concerned since Bevell is already being interviewed. 

Yes. And they probably want to make a quick hire as well.

30 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Quinn prefers to hire people he’s familiar with...

That is not speculation at all.  That’s fact.

Bevell is somebody who Quinn is very familiar with, which is why his name has been floating around for at least a solid month and is why he’s the first person being interviewed.

In order for us to hire somebody who Quinn is not as familiar with it would more than likely have to be overridden by a higher authority.  Quinn goes to bat pretty hard for his buddies.

Everything is speculative at this point, that is correct.  However, if you take your feelings out of it and go by what Quinn has shown us since being here then you, too, can admit that Bevell is a very strong front runner that will be backed heavily by Quinn probably more than any other candidate.

To play devil's advocate, Quinn did hire Shanny right out the gate. I don't recall ever hearing any direct connection there.

16 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

More than the guy he coached in a super bowl with and has already been spotted in Flowery Branch in the offseason?

Is it really that far-fetched to believe?

He’s not going to just interview one coach. Just the first. Doesn’t matter if they won a SB together. Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan are two different type qb’s. Kubiak fits better than Bevel imo because Russell did things you can’t coach. Matt isn’t gonna do that. So while it does make sense to INTERVIEW a coach you coached with you don’t stop the process with him. One thing bevel will do is run the d@mn football tho. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea? Did you speak with Quinn and Blank to get that confirmation? 

We really about to do this? 98% of the sheet spewed on this board is ridiculous speculation and exaggerated opinions. Yet somehow you need verified links to believe dq had been having wet dreams to get Bevell here lol.. Crazy 

41 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

He has not been interviewed. He was here in TC on an entirely different purpose.

Actually he is interviewing.

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Falcons will interview ex-Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell for the same position in Atlanta.

An NFL coordinator since 2006, Bevell had a long stint in Minnesota followed up by seven years in Seattle. He spent 2018 out of the league. Bevell is far from incompetent, but he would not move the needle in Atlanta. Whereas Steve Sarkisian was an outside-the-box hire, Bevell would be as inside as possible.

24 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

I stand corrected..

DQ wanted Shanny because he thought his offense was the toughest he ever went up against. They had no previous working experience. It was just game recognizing game.

3 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

DQ wanted Shanny because he thought his offense was the toughest he ever went up against. They had no previous working experience. It was just game recognizing game.

So you didn’t read the article

53 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Every single coach hires ppl they’re familiar with. Smart business. Quinn is also familiar with Kubiak. 

Was he familiar with Sark is the million dollar question?

TheFatboi likes this

40 minutes ago, Rise said:

Yes. And they probably want to make a quick hire as well.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Bevell is hired tomorrow...Kubiak won’t have to interview. If he says no via phone call, they will hire Bevell tomorrow.  Would not be the worst hire.

25 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

We really about to do this? 98% of the sheet spewed on this board is ridiculous speculation and exaggerated opinions. Yet somehow you need verified links to believe dq had been having wet dreams to get Bevell here lol.. Crazy 

Well, I’m not convinced that Bevell is the guy just because it’s being reported that he’s interviewing

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He was. Sark’s ability to meet Quinn’s demands was another story.

When I say familiar, I mean someone you’ve coached against and matched wits with.  He did that with KS...the same can’t be said regarding Sark.  

1 hour ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not Gase. Terrible HC. My best friend is a die hard Dolphins fans. Gase never changed up how scheme or adjusted. He also came off as arrogant. 

Someone is probably going to give him another Head Coach position, so he is unlikely anyways. 

3 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

Someone is probably going to give him another Head Coach position, so he is unlikely anyways. 

That’s good. Let’s hope it’s the Bucs so we can destroy them for the next 3 seasons. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

This could be a win. I'm glad they realized what most of us see. Manual's defense was not competitive, he played not to lose. Sark may have gotten better as the season went on, but really needed someone else. Armstrong was a constant and the return game has been bad for a couple of years. 

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

When I say familiar, I mean someone you’ve coached against and matched wits with.  He did that with KS...the same can’t be said regarding Sark.  

In that regard no he wasn’t. But was familiar with him as a play caller and the system he ran. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this