FalconsIn2012

Dan Quinn is the 2019 DC

25 posts in this topic

What we were seeing since DQ was here WAS NOT a DQ Defense? I find that hard to believe. It WAS the DQ defense. 

What have we seen from DQ that proves he can do both full-time jobs? HC and DC? Nothing. He's got a losing season with half the work, now he's supposed to do two full time jobs and get BETTER results? 

I don't see that happening.

Just now, Champagne said:

What we were seeing since DQ was here WAS NOT a DQ Defense? I find that hard to believe. It WAS the DQ defense. 

What have we seen from DQ that proves he can do both full-time jobs? HC and DC? Nothing. He's got a losing season with half the work, now he's supposed to do two full time jobs and get BETTER results? 

I don't see that happening.

You do know that the year we went to the Superbowl Quinn took over the DC role during the Season right. I believe it was after the bye week

I said this two weeks ago wondering why DQ couldn’t be the DC, glad to see it’s happening and I think we will be much improved in 2019! 

I didn't expect this but welcome it. Though I do understand the concern if can he handle both head coaching duties as well as being the DC. I'm hoping either the OC (who preferably has head coaching experience) can help or someone who can come in and help DQ with head coaching decisions

Edited by Norwood all the way!
blackredfellow likes this

Definitely think this is DQ taking accountability. We have invested a lot of draft picks into defense, especially at DL, which is what he is known for developing. 

DQ has always seemed to like Alford and Beasley. It will be interesting to see what moves are made.

12 minutes ago, Norwood all the way! said:

I didn't expect this but welcome it. Though I do understand the concern of can he handle both head coaching duties as well as being the DC. I'm hoping either the OC (who preferably has head coaching experience) or someone who can come in and help DQ with head coaching decisions

Agreed. I was already becoming concerned that he cant handle head coaching duties, let alone adding DC to it. His game management really needs to improve. I really think we win 2 more games at least this year if he does a better job managing clock this year (on top of otheSr pBast exam51ples). 

Also, has any team won a SB or CCG with a HC that was also a coordinator (im genuinely curious)?

Edited by blackredfellow

24 minutes ago, gazoo said:

This means he absolutely has to hire an OC who he can let run the offense without oversight

With Quinn being DC, it will be Kubiak.  I like Gase but he will be Denver’s HC

gazoo likes this

With Quinn as DC after the KC loss in 2016, we allowed just 19.1 ppg.  That includes playing the Seahawks & Packers in the playoffs.  Didn’t include the SB...well...cause it hurt my ppg average..lol 

23 minutes ago, blackredfellow said:

Agreed. I was already becoming concerned that he cant handle head coaching duties, let alone adding DC to it. His game management really needs to improve. I really think we win 2 more games at least this year if he does a better job managing clock this year (on top of otheSr pBast exam51ples). 

Also, has any team won a SB or CCG with a HC that was also a coordinator (im genuinely curious)?

The saints have.  The eagles. We almost did.  That's off the top of my head with no research.

This tells me the DQ understands next year is a make-or-break year for him.  He isn't going to let anyone else screw up his defense.  If things fail next year, it is 100% on him then.  The next biggest thing is who he picks to replace Sark.  Make the wrong choice for OC again and he is done.