Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconsin2012

Adam Gase: #1 Option if Sark is fired

48 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He runs WCO spacing concepts along with Martz Air Coryell pass designs

Well if we’re just talking about spacing type concepts— every offense incorporates those because you just can’t stay trying to stretch the field vertically the way the original number system did.

vel, Drew4719, papachaz and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I see lots of guys hating on Bevell here, what do you think of the guy?

I thought he got a bad rap.

That Seattle passing game really evolved into a dynamic attacking scheme when they had to move away from Marshawn. He adjusted to what he had to work with, which wasn’t much. 

Pete wanted to go in a different direction but he’s sharp coach and he’s gotten it done a variety of ways. Not sure it’d be a seemless fit but I’d could see it happening  because of his history with Quinn:

11 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Depends if they’re still chasing that Shanahan system or going after the best guy.

Bevell would probably be the best “fit” for what Quinn wants to do. But Gase just off the top of my head might be the best offensive mind out there with the track record to match.

In either instance, wouldn't this be another year or two of Matt having to adjust to a new system? Wouldn't the adjustment be minimal with Gary?

I read a report that a lot of the veterans on the dolphins were privately against Gase and wanted him gone and if not, they would ask to be traded. Not sure if true but just putting it out there

1 hour ago, OC said:

In either instance, wouldn't this be another year or two of Matt having to adjust to a new system? Wouldn't the adjustment be minimal with Gary?

Ryan has now run all 3 offensive schemes in the NFL.  Maybe the only QB who can say that.  For him it’s just terminology change at this point

JDaveG likes this

2 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

What is his record as an OC? Got any stats or something?

The offenses Adam Gase coordinated in Denver over  a two year period  were the only ones to accumulate more than a combined 10,000 yards and 1,000 points.

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He runs a very clever pseudo-WCO and has the ego to push and challenge Ryan.  He will put Ryan under center and use heavy PA to get Ryan out of the pocket where he is lethal.  Only downside is it’s likely a one year rental.  Knapp also worked with him as Manning’s QB coach in Denver while Gase was OC

If you need stats, here you go: The offenses Adam Gase coordinated in Denver over a 2 year period were the only ones to accumulate more than a combined 10,000 yards and 1,000 points.

Really? I remember Peyton Manning being in shotgun most of the time with Gase.

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Cleveland 

They would be crazy to give up on Williams. He got them more wins in half a season than the last 3 years combined.

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

They would be crazy to give up on Williams. He got them more wins in half a season than the last 3 years combined.

On one hand I agree.. on the other, I doubt he could duplicate that next year.. definitely deserves a raise and to remain as DC though 

Jesus likes this

3 hours ago, OC said:

I’d rather them bring the right guy and take the learning curve than settle for a Kubiak who we’d have to hope turns into something he’s never been.

EDIT: I was in the middle of something and read this too fast. I thought you typed Greg not Gary... for some reason I always used to get Knapp and Kubiak mixed up: hail yeah I’d be all for Kubiak. That would be perfect. 

Edited by PeytonMannings Forehead
Falconsin2012 likes this

21 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I’d rather them bring the right guy and take the learning curve than settle for a Kubiak who we’d have to hope turns into something he’s never been.

EDIT: I was in the middle of something and read this too fast. I thought you typed Greg not Gary... for some reason I always used to get Knapp and Kubiak mixed up: hail yeah I’d be all for Kubiak. That would be perfect. 

PMF...any idea why Elway would not want Kubiak as OC?  Seems like an odd statement

Elway talked about Gary Kubiak staying. Atlanta was among the teams interested in hiring Kubiak. Can #Broncos find coaching role for Kubiak, even if it's not OC, but an offensive role that allows him to contribute during the week? Seems like that is now a possibility. #Denver7

Edited by Falconsin2012

I don't like for us I think he is over rated. He had good stats with Peyton Manning

but was that Peyton greatness or Gase? Miami had a lot of talent that he didn't do much with. 

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

PMF...any idea why Elway would not want Kubiak as OC?  Seems like an odd statement

Elway talked about Gary Kubiak staying. Atlanta was among the teams interested in hiring Kubiak. Can #Broncos find coaching role for Kubiak, even if it's not OC, but an offensive role that allows him to contribute during the week? Seems like that is now a possibility. #Denver7

I don’t know why Elway wouldn’t want him. He’s been an asset everywhere he’s been and they’ve always been close.

Only thing I can think of is putting him in that position of OC before you’ve hired an HC might give the impression he’s a defacto HC and whoever the next actual HC might feel undermined. Especially given Kubiak’s history with Denver.

You always run the risk when a head coach can’t put his own staff in place that there’s a constant unease and it’s not truly his team. Putting Kubiak in a kind consultant role somewhat alleviates that... but not much IMO.

If Elway is that dead set on bringing him back then he should do everything he can to talk him into taking the head job again.

If it was me I wouldn’t take a job where the GM has put his old friend in as an OC without any input from me. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

15 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I don’t know why Elway wouldn’t want him. He’s been an asset everywhere he’s been and they’ve always been close.

Only thing I can think of is putting him in that position of OC before you’ve hired an HC might give the impression he’s a defacto HC and whoever the next actual HC might feel undermined. Especially given Kubiak’s history with Denver.

You always run the risk when a head coach can’t put his own staff in place that there’s a constant unease and it’s not truly his team. Putting Kubiak in a kind consultant role somewhat alleviates that... but not much IMO.

If Elway is that dead set on bringing him back then he should do everything he can to talk him into taking the head job again.

If it was me I wouldn’t take a job where the GM has put his old friend in as an OC without any input from me. 

Good perspective.  My guess is Bevell then.  Not a bad option IMO.  Though I’d like us to interview Rich Scangarello if we are trying to keep Shanny’s style

6 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Just curious, why do you think his offense in Miami never worked out? Or were they actually good? I never watched them play

The ONE time I watched a Miami game, it was good enough to beat us last year...  :bang:

On 12/31/2018 at 1:31 PM, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I thought he got a bad rap.

That Seattle passing game really evolved into a dynamic attacking scheme when they had to move away from Marshawn. He adjusted to what he had to work with, which wasn’t much. 

Pete wanted to go in a different direction but he’s sharp coach and he’s gotten it done a variety of ways. Not sure it’d be a seemless fit but I’d could see it happening  because of his history with Quinn:

PMF...a pennny for your thoughts on bringing Koetter back

Edited by Falconsin2012
JDaveG likes this