Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons In 2012

Adam Gase: #1 Option if Sark is fired

48 posts in this topic

He runs a very clever pseudo-WCO and has the ego to push and challenge Ryan.  He will put Ryan under center and use heavy PA to get Ryan out of the pocket where he is lethal.  Only downside is it’s likely a one year rental.  Knapp also worked with him as Manning’s QB coach in Denver while Gase was OC

If you need stats, here you go: The offenses Adam Gase coordinated in Denver over a 2 year period were the only ones to accumulate more than a combined 10,000 yards and 1,000 points.

Edited by Falconsin2012
Cole World and raysnill1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconBlood23 said:

What is his record as an OC? Got any stats or something?

He was Manning’s OC when they broke all offensive records...then coached Cutler to a great season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

May I ask why would you want a 1 yr rental? Shouldn't they be looking for something more long term if possible? A 3 yr OC at minimum? Ryan needs someone to be here at least the next 3-4 yrs IMO. These are the crucial yrs before Ryan/Julio starts to decline.

It’s a downside as I mentioned.  But this offense will always produce making the OC a candidate for head coach vacancies.  Shoot, Ian Rappapport put Sark on HC short list half way through the season

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

It’s a downside as I mentioned.  But this offense will always produce making the OC a candidate for HC

I like Gase, but him leaving for another HC gig is what I don't like for the team at the moment. If they were to fire Sark, I'd prefer someone in the mold of Kubiak. A former HC who has no interest in the HC grind again. We need our Wade Phillips, but for offense. I think Gase would be the better fit though. A fairly young OC that can adapt with the times.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He was Manning’s OC when they broke all offensive records...then coached Cutler to a great season

Just curious, why do you think his offense in Miami never worked out? Or were they actually good? I never watched them play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign him as OC, tell him the HC job is his if Quinn doesn't improve. Also a chance he might like to take a break from head coach for a while and work with a QB like Ryan for a few years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only issue with Gase was that Kenyan Drake is the most talented offensive weapon he had in Miami and he consistently used Gore or Ballage over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vel said:

Lol they have a WR playing QB

One of the biggest knocks on Gase during his tenure in Miami is he was absolutely awful at managing and getting the ball into their playmakers hands on a consistent basis.  Guys would be playing great for a few straight weeks and all of the sudden he would just completely stop giving them the ball, that kind of mismanagement would scare me with a talented offensive like the Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Gase could very well be a HC next year....we need some stability. DQ has a plan and if it’s Bevell so be it

That's why we went with Sark. That didn't turn out well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Just curious, why do you think his offense in Miami never worked out? Or were they actually good? I never watched them play

QB...

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Gase doesn’t run the west coast offense.

He’s more off that Martz tree with the number system mixed with a little bit of Tom Moore’s stuff that he ran with Peyton.

Who would you want to replace Sark PMF? Any great candidates out there you like? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

What push does Ryan need? I mean he just about equaled his MVP numbers this year.

He really didn’t.  He had a great year, but not very close to 2016.  He had 80 more attempts with fewer yards and TD’s.  Force Ryan under center and forget RPO’s

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Gase doesn’t run the west coast offense.

He’s more off that Martz tree with the number system mixed with a little bit of Tom Moore’s stuff that he ran with Peyton.

He runs WCO spacing concepts along with Martz Air Coryell pass designs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IA Falcon07 said:

One of the biggest knocks on Gase during his tenure in Miami is he was absolutely awful at managing and getting the ball into their playmakers hands on a consistent basis.  Guys would be playing great for a few straight weeks and all of the sudden he would just completely stop giving them the ball, that kind of mismanagement would scare me with a talented offensive like the Falcons.

QB play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thank you. My best friend is a die hard Dolphins fan. Been watching them play for awhile now. Definitely not a good coach. He seems very stubborn in changing up his play calls. There’s better options out there. 

Edited by Sidecar Falcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Who would you want to replace Sark PMF? Any great candidates out there you like? 

Depends if they’re still chasing that Shanahan system or going after the best guy.

Bevell would probably be the best “fit” for what Quinn wants to do. But Gase just off the top of my head might be the best offensive mind out there with the track record to match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

QB play

QB play was a reason the Dolphins offense struggled overall, but had nothing to do with taking carries away from your workhorse RB who had been eating teams up.  They are different issues, I'm not saying he couldn't do well here however it is a concern that he struggled to manage his talented players given how many talented players the Falcons offense has.  This was also a knock on Sark, he didn't seem to know how to utilize all the RB and WR options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Depends if they’re still chasing that Shanahan system or going after the best guy.

Bevell would probably be the best “fit” for what Quinn wants to do. But Gase just off the top of my head might be the best offensive mind out there with the track record to match.

I see lots of guys hating on Bevell here, what do you think of the guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Just curious, why do you think his offense in Miami never worked out? Or were they actually good? I never watched them play

Play calling was way too inconsistent. Gase never could form a fully cogent offense. He seemed way too stubborn to change what he was doing and adjust. My best friend is a Dolphins fan and he said that Gase appeared to be arrogant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0