slickgadawg

The Seahawks changed their defensive scheme. Quinn should consider changing his also.

35 posts in this topic

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

If we switched to a more cover 2 based scheme, I’m curious as if Neal’s game will have to change. 

Oh, it definitely would.  And Neal can do it -- the safety responsibilities in Cover 2 are more interchangeable, but it takes heat off of Allen and Neal is perfectly competent in coverage.

I don't think they will, though.  Neal is best as a thumper and a box safety and Allen is perfectly competent to play CF.  The big problem is neither of them were available for most of the season.  Take out Debo and add in some interior line struggles and pass rush issues and you have a mess.

I'm not a huge fan of Manuel, but I certainly think if Sark gets some leeway due to injuries (and he should), Manuel should at least get some.  It might not be enough to keep his job, but I think injuries to key players this season were by far our biggest problem. 

Quinn and our coaches arent smart enough to adjust and think for themselves. Quinn got Pete's playbook and he is pretty much locked into it cause he can't think for himself.

We need an OC and DC that can think and adjust as the game changes

1 minute ago, MAD597 said:

Quinn and our coaches arent smart enough to adjust and think for themselves. Quinn got Pete's playbook and he is pretty much locked into it cause he can't think for himself.

We need an OC and DC that can think and adjust as the game changes

I bet you really believe this nonsense too.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Oh, it definitely would.  And Neal can do it -- the safety responsibilities in Cover 2 are more interchangeable, but it takes heat off of Allen and Neal is perfectly competent in coverage.

I don't think they will, though.  Neal is best as a thumper and a box safety and Allen is perfectly competent to play CF.  The big problem is neither of them were available for most of the season.  Take out Debo and add in some interior line struggles and pass rush issues and you have a mess.

I'm not a huge fan of Manuel, but I certainly think if Sark gets some leeway due to injuries (and he should), Manuel should at least get some.  It might not be enough to keep his job, but I think injuries to key players this season were by far our biggest problem. 

I like Neal at his current role and usage as well. I personally think that Allen could be better utilized at NB but is perfectly capable at playing FS. I do feel however that his range does limit him at being a true single high FS though. That’s one of the reasons why I’m high on Thompson this year. I’ll understand if we pass on him this year though. 

I really can’t stand Manuel anymore. The defensive scheme looked so lackluster that it was painful to watch. I know we had injuries and to an extent I can understand. However there were far to many times where it appeared that adjustments weren’t made. There seemed to be a lack of creativity on his end. 

I think Quinn should get the “Smith Treatment”. Let him get two brand new Coordinators and maybe two more seasons to improve. That’s if next season isn’t a dumpster fire. 

Seahawks run the same scheme they’ve always run. They play a little more Bear front — which they used to always to situationally against certain run heavy teams like the Harbaugh 49ers.

The single high philosophy of base cover-3 is unchanged. Only thing Norton has brought is they’ll play a little more quarters especially when they get backed up.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:01 AM, MSalmon said:

Kudos to norton for adjusting 

I had no idea he was their DC this year. I thought he was still with the Raiders.