Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RiseUpcollegepark

Sark offense ranked in the Top 10. Why do you want him fired? Smh

142 posts in this topic

The offense is ranked 10th in pts. 6th in YPG. 4th in Passing YPG. And ranked 27th in rushing YPG. Matt & Julio had a record breaking season. According to these stats Sark was not our biggest problem. Our biggest issue was the offensive line. Sark loses both starting G. The right T position hurt us & is a major need. Coleman was decent but he just falls down to ease. We miss Devonte vision & the nice cut back runs & our FB was nonexistence. I believe we need continuity & better guards & tackle. I think firing Sark will cause this offense a setback next year. With the problems being solved to our line in the off season & getting Devonte back this offense will be the BEST if not one of the BEST in the NFL. Sark has done a GREAT job (Top 10) inspite of the injury problems. 

Edited by RiseUpcollegepark

Buccs offense was 3rd in ypg and 12th in points and yet Koetter was fired. Even with a full complement offense Sark has proven to be a lopsided OC who cannot run the ball, and thats what it takes to be successful in the NFL. Got to run the ball otherwise Matt Ryan will be on IR next year. Yes he needs to be gone, and anyone who loves him to stay probably enjoys sticking his hand in a box of centipedes.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

Buccs offense was 3rd in ypg and 12th in points and yet Koetter was fired. Even with a full complement offense Sark has proven to be a lopsided OC who cannot run the ball, and thats what it takes to be successful in the NFL. Got to run the ball otherwise Matt Ryan will be on IR next year. Yes he needs to be gone, and anyone who loves him to stay probably enjoys sticking his hand in a box of centipedes.

Apples and oranges. Koetter is the head coach, not the OC, whose team went 5-11 for two straight seasons. He will get grabbed up in a matter of weeks as someone’s OC. 

JDaveG likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Apples and oranges. Koetter is the head coach, not the OC, whose team went 5-11 for two straight seasons. He will get grabbed up in a matter of weeks as someone’s OC. 

He calls the plays for the offense as well. There's no apple, orange, or egg plant. A coach is a coach and Sark has been Horrendous considering the weapons we have. Devonta Freeman and Coleman don't really fit in his scheme, because he is more of a power guy, so really you are looking at a major rebuild to have some semblance of balance. Don't let Ryan's garbage time stats fool you, many of our numbers are empty calories.

2 minutes ago, Peyton said:

When the Falcons got back into a position for games to matter again, the guy got outcoached 5 weeks in a row.  Call me an idiot, I really don't care.  I don't think the Falcons are likely to win big games with this guy as the offensive coordinator.

Exactly. I'll never forget against that Ravens D (which is good but...) the Falcons had their worst offensive performance since 1999 when Jamal Anderson was on IR and 2003 when Vick was on IR. You have too much talent to be playing that bad, especially in that 5 week stretch. In games that matters most Sark has hardly been good for us. 

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

Exactly. I'll never forget against that Ravens D (which is good but...) the Falcons had their worst offensive performance since 1999 when Jamal Anderson was on IR and 2003 when Vick was on IR. You have too much talent to be playing that bad, especially in that 5 week stretch. In games that matters most Sark has hardly been good for us. 

^^This. The offense is so inconsistent for the past 2 years.

putnam6, Malachore and kiwifalcon like this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

The main problem is the falcons were ranked #8 in 2016.....#8 in NFL History that is!

What did you expect, for them to repeat the same success they had under a fully established OC?

Vandy likes this

During our 5 game losing streak when playoffs were at stake his offense put up this many points:

Cleveland 28-16

Dallas 22-19

New Orleans 31-17

Ravens 26-16

Packers 34-20

We also lost to the steelers 41-17. His passing only attack only works against bad teams. Its sad to see fans suffer from the stockholm syndrome and get melancholic with 2 empty wins after you were frustrated and calling for his head during the season.

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

What did you expect, for them to repeat the same success they had under a fully established OC?

See my edit. Not my expectations just many around here. We should be top 5 annually, and that could happen with a couple better OLmen and Free back in the fold. 

people hang on the boneheaded calls, but ignore the brilliant ones. He had his ups and downs, but is going in the right direction.

I won’t cry if he is replaced, but they better have someone better than Bevell lined up if they do! He is very inconsistent as shown by our big lulls in offense throughout the season.

5 minutes ago, osiruz said:

During our 5 game losing streak when playoffs were at stake his offense put up this many points:

Cleveland 28-16

Dallas 22-19

New Orleans 31-17

Ravens 26-16

Packers 34-20

We also lost to the steelers 41-17. His passing only attack only works against bad teams. Its sad to see fans suffer from the stockholm syndrome and get melancholic after you were frustrated and calling for his head during the season.

and against the Packers I say that was really 14 because those final 6 points were in garbage time, and against the Ravens that was only 9 because the other 7 was a Vic Beasley fumble return. 

Edited by mqg96
Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Lets not forget 2017. Thats on Sark's resume too. 2nd half shutout vs a below average Miami team. 18 points vs Buffalo and couldnt even get past the 50 on last drive. Eagles playoff game disaster on goalline. 9 points at home vs Minny.  Lets stop trying to make it like this year was an anomaly for Sark due to injuries. He has never been able to matchup consistently with good defensive play callers. He pulls out all the stops yesterday but we should have ran a philly special or 2 earlier this season. Granted several games were lost on D, he still doesnt strike me as the guy to outscore Sean Payton or Todd Pederson in playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, osiruz said:

He calls the plays for the offense as well. There's no apple, orange, or egg plant. A coach is a coach and Sark has been Horrendous considering the weapons we have. Devonta Freeman and Coleman don't really fit in his scheme, because he is more of a power guy, so really you are looking at a major rebuilt to have some semblance of balance. Don't let Ryan's garbage time stats fool you, many of our numbers are empty calories.

Sark has been competent, while Manuel has been horrendous. Yet I see you and the other board navel-gazers making multiple ‘fire Sark’ threads and not a peep on the DC who coached us to a bottom 5 defense. 

You guys make me laugh.  

Drew4719 likes this

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

See my edit. Not my expectations just many around here. We should be top 5 annually, and that could happen with a couple better OLmen and Free back in the fold. 

people hang on the boneheaded calls, but ignore the brilliant ones. He had his ups and downs, but is going in the right direction.

I won’t cry if he is replaced, but they better have someone better than Bevell lined up if they do! He is very inconsistent as shown by our big lulls in offense throughout the season.

I made a post the other day about Freeman’s last 6 games with a healthy line and he hasn’t done much more than Coleman or Ito. Freeman doesn’t change the run game like many suspect. Even in his full season last year freeman didn’t do much in a ton of games behind a healthy line. That’s one theory I can’t buy. Any rb on the roster needs a decent oline at worst to succeed. 

Other than that I can’t disagree with anything you said

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

I do think he has grown. He is and will get better. I don't see how DQ and TD can fire him with a straight conscious when they are the ones who didn't build a strong OL, they are the ones who don't believe in having beef in the backfield and OL.

RiseUpcollegepark likes this

I'm in the "keep him" camp.

I believe he was handicapped with an awful interior O-line this year. He knew he couldn't get any push up the middle outside of Mack and was forced to run Jet sweeps 20 times a game.

Get him a couple of tough veteran guards and let him pound the rock like he wants to. Then you will love the results when the play action is called. Plus it will keep our mediocre defense off the field.

Sportsman2593, Drew4719 and Geneaut like this

7 minutes ago, osiruz said:

During our 4 game losing streak when playoffs were at stake his offense put up this many points:

Cleveland 28-16

Dallas 22-19

Ravens 26-16

Packers 34-20

We also lost to the steelers 41-17. His passing only attack only works against bad teams. Its sad to see fans suffer from the stockholm syndrome and get melancholic after you were frustrated and calling for his head during the season.

Lets also make it clear we were down 34-7 to a struggling Packers squad.  Ravens and Cowboys have tough defenses but still. Only the cowboys games we had a chance. Garbage TD vs Ravens and Browns made those games look better. He was being completely outclassed. Sark is not the answer. Dont be fooled by Ridley having 10 TDs or Julio catching 8 in 2nd half of season. Those guys can do that anywhere. 

putnam6 and Dutty Ole Bird like this