Mike Mayock named Raiders GM

g-dawg

I think he'll be a good fit there with Gruden, although it remains to be seen how much control Gruden will give up. It'll be interesting to see how he does in a GM role.

Draft coverage will be significantly worse without him. Daniel Jeremiah is next man up on that front. 

Well, we are tempted to say this is a great thing.. and maybe it is,, I would say it will be.. But??  He's got to prove his capability of actually making the right picks instead of annilizing them and giving their weakness and strengths !!  I wish him well, I've listened to him enough over the years to know he's passionate about it like I am. And I will say he will have the edge when it comes to the draft because of his knowledge he has gained over all these years.

I saw this announcement yesterday as well. Not sure how it will work out. He talks a lot about watching tape. Ok, that's what a lot of football fanatics do. Maybe he does talk to coaches and scouts, but now it's no longer just about opinion. It will be interesting to see how it works out. Before NFL network, I had never heard of him. Wonder what he was doing between leaving the NFL and being a TV analyst.