Who's around in 2019. My take.

Monolith2001

It's over and didn't go to plan.  I thought I'd go through and give my take on who I think should or should not be here in 2019:  Note I wanted to be brief so I did not go into guys whose contracts make them locks.  

Coaching Staff:   No strong feelings one way or the other this season as there were things beyond their control that I think derailed what could have been.  I think the gang returns in 2019 though I would be fine with a Kubiak as OC or Bowles as DC.  I doubt those guys are coming here so, ride with Sark and MM in 2019 with minimum 10-6 + playoffs or gtfo for all of them including DQ,TD and Pioli.

Quarterbacks:  Ryan is locked in and we need to see a credible young backup, but until then need to continue letting Schaub win at life.  Maybe have Sanu as backup :).

Offensive Line:  We got Mack and Jake, Wes is at least a role player.  Fusco should return though I was not impressed.  We need improvements from him and the rest or upgrades.  I think Schareder stays but he's looked completely cuttable.  Levitre has been too hurt for my tastes though good when playing.

Running Backs:  Free and Ito are locks.  Hill should be retained...wish he had more carries Sunday.  I love Teco but unless he's a "team before money" guy, he's gone.

Tight Ends:  Fine with rolling with the current crew.  Hooper's been okay and Paulsen effective enough.  I need more from Saubert or he can go.

Receivers:  Julio and Calvin are locks of course.  Sanu should be a lock (kinda becoming my favorite WR).  Gage is definitely staying.  I like Hardy and would not mind keeping him around cheap but not essential.  Marvin Hall has struggles a but this year but he is as cheap as he is cuttable.

Defensive Line:  Sign/tag Grady and retain Crawford and Irvin.  Takk is locked and Senat should return.  Means should be give opportunity.  Reed is done, thanks for nothing McClain and Beasley walks or signs a team friendly deal half of his option.

Linebackers:  Jones, Dre and Foye are locked.  Everyone else is upgradable.  I think we let Ish go for a young one though I like Ish.  Duke can be cut.

Safeties:  Keke, Rico and Kazee are locks.  Neasman earned a spot imo.  Richards should be gone.

Cornerbacks:  Trufant, Oliver and Bethel (ST) are locks.  Alford stays unless we pick up someone.  Poole is a cheap RFA and plays hard so he probably stays.  Not sure about Blidi (didn't get many reps) nor Ryan Neal.

Placekicker:  Up to Matt Bryant whether he kicks or we ride Georgio.  I personally am fine with either and would find a role for Bryant even if not as kicker.

Punter:  Bosher hasn't really been good for a couple years but he's good enough and we have bigger fish to fry in 2019.

Long Snapper:  Harris should be back but if not, Condo works.

Edited by Monolith2001

2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

It's over and didn't go to plan.  I thought I'd go through and give my take on who I think should or should not be here in 2019:  Note I wanted to be brief so I did not go into guys whose contracts make them locks.  

Coaching Staff:   No strong feelings one way or the other this season as there were things beyond their control that I think derailed what could have been.  I think the gang returns in 2019 though I would be fine with a Kubiak as OC or Bowles as DC.  I doubt those guys are coming here so, ride with Sark and MM in 2019 with minimum 10-6 + playoffs or gtfo for all of them including DQ,TD and Pioli.

Quarterbacks:  Ryan is locked in and we need to see a credible young backup, but until then need to continue letting Schaub win at life.  Maybe have Sanu as backup :).

Offensive Line:  We got Mack and Jake, Wes is at least a role player.  Fusco should return though I was not impressed.  We need improvements from him and the rest or upgrades.  I think Schareder stays but he's looked completely cuttable.  Levitre has been too hurt for my tastes though good when playing.

Running Backs:  Free and Ito are locks.  Hill should be retained...wish he had more carries Sunday.  I love Teco but unless he's a "team before money" guy, he's gone.

Tight Ends:  Fine with rolling with the current crew.  Hooper's been okay and Paulsen effective enough.  I need more from Saubert or he can go.

Receivers:  Julio and Calvin are locks of course.  Sanu should be a lock (kinda becoming my favorite WR).  Gage is definitely staying.  I like Hardy and would not mind keeping him around cheap but not essential.  Marvin Hall has struggles a but this year but he is as cheap as he is cuttable.

Defensive Line:  Sign/tag Grady and retain Crawford and Irvin.  Takk is locked and Senat should return.  Means should be give opportunity.  Reed is done, thanks for nothing McClain and Beasley walks or signs a team friendly deal half of his option.

Linebackers:  Jones, Dre and Foye are locked.  Everyone else is upgradable.  I think we let Ish go for a young one though I like Ish.  Duke can be cut.

Safeties:  Keke, Rico and Kazee are locks.  Neasman earned a spot imo.  Richards should be gone.

Cornerbacks:  Trufant, Oliver and Bethel (ST) are locks.  Alford stays unless we pick up someone.  Poole is a cheap RFA and plays hard so he probably stays.  Not sure about Blidi (didn't get many reps) nor Ryan Neal.

Placekicker:  Up to Matt Bryant whether he kicks or we ride Georgio.  I personally am fine with either and would find a role for Bryant even if not as kicker.

Punter:  Bosher hasn't really been good for a couple years but he's good enough and we have bigger fish to fry in 2019.

Long Snapper:  Harris should be back but if not, Condo works.

I think most of this is true, but a few issues/changes that I would make:

1.  Matt Bryant is gone.  Love the guy, but father time catches up with everyone, and he had a rough year with injuries.  I just don't think we can rely on him because of injuries.

2.  Alford is gone for sure.

3.  Coleman will not take a team friendly deal, and why would he?

4.  I would hate to see them tag Grady.  Good player, but he's not Franchise Tag worthy.  

5.  Absolutely need a young backup to start grooming.  If he works out, and Ryan is still playing at a high level, trade the guy for draft capital.

32 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I think most of this is true, but a few issues/changes that I would make:

1.  Matt Bryant is gone.  Love the guy, but father time catches up with everyone, and he had a rough year with injuries.  I just don't think we can rely on him because of injuries.

2.  Alford is gone for sure.

3.  Coleman will not take a team friendly deal, and why would he?

4.  I would hate to see them tag Grady.  Good player, but he's not Franchise Tag worthy.  

5.  Absolutely need a young backup to start grooming.  If he works out, and Ryan is still playing at a high level, trade the guy for draft capital.

I kinda want Bryant to retire as I hate to see guys stay too long.  I'm hesitant to can Alford cause all our DBs have fallen off a cliff and I still prefer Alford over Trufant (who is going nowhere).  I agree Teco is gone if he is smart (scares me to think of him going to a team with a good OL).  I hate the tag but Grady is worth it if he's asking for a long term tag-valued contract.  He's our best DL.