Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheFalcoholic

Julio Jones 2018 NFL Receiving Yards Leader

27 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, jidady said:

Brown's absence is fascinating, especially with Ju-Ju so high. AJ had that freak toe injury and only played in eight full games plus about five plays of another one. He was pacing for almost 1,400 yards before that.

No Le’Veon Bell in the backfield. Defenses put more toward slowing down AB this season. That’s part of why Conner and JuJu had such great seasons. Not to take away from their performances at all. I’m just saying Bell and AB are both elite playmakers and they benefitted from having each other healthy.

2 hours ago, pzummo said:

No Le’Veon Bell in the backfield. Defenses put more toward slowing down AB this season. That’s part of why Conner and JuJu had such great seasons. Not to take away from their performances at all. I’m just saying Bell and AB are both elite playmakers and they benefitted from having each other healthy.

While I think this is true to an extent, the fact that JuJu did great speaks volumes. Brown and Bell thought they were above the team, and that's why neither one of them will play for Pittsburgh next year. Pittsburgh needs to figure something out as an organization. They've drafted extremely talented but emotionally fragile players like them and Martavis Bryant, and the same thing keeps happening. For that matter, I'd say that the same thing is true of Roethlisberger.