Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ezekiel 25:17

Is any one....

29 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Was just about to correct myself on that one ! Lol

I don’t blame refs very often, most things are very subjective, but there was no reason to call that dead.  All scoring plays / turnovers are reviewed.  Let it play out.

14 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Flacco is trash. Lamar is doing more for his team than Flacco was. But lets be real here, with Lamar’s current passing ability that team is extremely limited. They can’t win a SB with his current game.

Heck look at the final ravens drive today.. on 3rd down they did a QB option play instead of passing to seal the game with a 1st down. 

Exactly.  It’s gimicky and college like.  A good defense will figure it out and shut them down, and they won’t be able to keep up.  It isn’t a sustainable offense as is.  Curious to see how it evolves over time with him, and I hope he develops because he is fun to watch.  But the narrative that he is the reason they are winning now since he has been the starter, and not mentioning how the level of competition dropped off and that the scheme changed to ball control and that’s why they are winning is wearing thin.  

23 minutes ago, rings639 said:

He is the 34th ranked QB this year according to PFF.  His team, mainly defense is good, he has played ok at times.  Wouldn’t say it makes the GM look like a genius though.

They are 6-1 since he’s started.  5 of those teams have losing records.

he and his team are in the playoffs.  hes probably not going to be much higher than that.  he is limited.  but hes in the playoffs and Flacco is done.  I guess that ends any comparisons between who is better: Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

Rings likes this

9 hours ago, rings639 said:

I don’t blame refs very often, most things are very subjective, but there was no reason to call that dead.  All scoring plays / turnovers are reviewed.  Let it play out.

Now that I am sober I can discuss things properly! Lol

I am one that will always tell you that unless it is egregious, calls are a part of the game. I see no reason either why that play was blown dead, unless they are ruling it a touchdown especially when they have gone out of their way for years to let it play out! 

however, my point is that yesterday’s game was horrible officiated all the way around. Also, there was still a lot of football to be played and who knows how the remainder of the game would have turned out.