Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FalconofShadows

14th pick

62 posts in this topic

After the rest of the games played out and seeing who won and didn't The Falcons by winning this game lost only 3 or 4 draft slots.  We would have been 10th or 11th and we are now 14th if what im seeing is correct  The fact that we wouldn't have been in the top 5 to 7 picks means the the win or loss doesn't ever matter at this point and any tanker shouldn't give a dang anymore.

My early guess is Jeff Simmons. Last week I would've put Lawrence in as a dark horse, but no way we take someone with a PED suspension on his resume, imo.

1 minute ago, thanat0s said:

My early guess is Jeff Simmons. Last week I would've put Lawrence in as a dark horse, but no way we take someone with a PED suspension on his resume, imo.

Jalen Collins would like a word with you...

Osiruz and Dirtybird3 like this

I don't think Jalen Collins was doing PEDs in college? He was always getting busted for weed.

To his credit, he stayed weed free in the pros.

Osiruz likes this

2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Jeffrey Simmons has an assault charge on him. Mixon fell to the 2nd Round because of his. If he’s there in the 2nd, grab him. 

I think this is a very good spot for the Falcons. They will be able to move into Top 10 if needed, or move into Top 10 in the 2nd round. 

Just now, stingbee said:

I think this is a very good spot for the Falcons. They will be able to move into Top 10 if needed, or move into Top 10 in the 2nd round. 

Or, move back. Whatever they do, they need to get it right.

Tim Mazetti likes this

11 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

After the rest of the games played out and seeing who won and didn't The Falcons by winning this game lost only 3 or 4 draft slots.  We would have been 10th or 11th and we are now 14th if what im seeing is correct  The fact that we wouldn't have been in the top 5 to 7 picks means the the win or loss doesn't ever matter at this point and any tanker shouldn't give a dang anymore.

We woulda been in the 7 spot. Weaker SOS than all 6-10 teams. Bucs woulda been 6-10 as well with a stronger SOS. So it actually cost us 7 spots. 

momak, vitaman and The Peregrine like this

Just now, osiruz said:

Obviously outside Bosa, Oliver, Williams, Quinnen there arent many game breaking players. I am so happy we won those games though, so the coaches and professional adult players could feel confident and get well done meaningless championship stickers.

Even those guys might not be game breaking players at the next level and a crap load of 2nd rounders might be :D  The nfl draft is weird it's nothing like the nba where the top 5 are really that much different than the rest of the 1st round.  The talent level between pick 1 and 15  or even 32 at times isn't much at all and you can get elite players all over the draft.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

Obviously outside Bosa, Oliver, Williams, Quinnen there arent many game breaking players. I am so happy we won those games though, so the coaches and professional adult players could feel confident and get well done meaningless championship stickers.

Well that's not true. This isn't the NBA where a draft has 3 elite players. The only NBA-like aspect of the NFL draft is the QB prospects and how quickly that talent pool depletes.

I would love for us to have a shot at any of those guys you listed though.

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

Even those guys might not be game breaking players at the next level and a crap load of 2nd rounders might be :D  The nfl draft is weird it's nothing like the nba where the top 5 are really that much different than the rest of the 1st round.  The talent level between pick 1 and 15  or even 32 at times isn't much at all and you can get elite players all over the draft.

Yes but its a difference between getting a Good OL/DL and another gazillionth WR cause thats all thats left.

vitaman likes this

9 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Oliver if he falls, Jachai Polite, Raekwon Davis, Derrick Brown.

I'm not a big Oliver guy, mainly because he's like having 2 Gradys, but I don't have a problem with any of the others. The DL we choose needs to be a run stuffing machine, ideally.

gazoo, GhostofGritz and Bigbenright like this

Just now, thanat0s said:

I'm not a big Oliver guy, mainly because he's like having 2 Gradys, but I don't have a problem with any of the others. The DO we choose needs to be a run stuffing machine, ideally.

Two Grady Jarrett's sounds incredible to me. I don't mind any DT as long as their best quality isn't their weight.

Smiler11 likes this

7 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Jeffrey Simmons has an assault charge on him. Mixon fell to the 2nd Round because of his. If he’s there in the 2nd, grab him. 

No, if he’s there at pick #14 take him. Simmons is a better prospect than Mixon and not to mention Mixon did his incident in college while Simmons did his prior.

and before you reply with “what does it matter?” ...Simmons has had time or a chance to show his character where as Mixon was kicked off the team and his next appearance or step was trying to go to league.