Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidecar Falcon

Dirk Koetter Fired

47 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

We actually have a pretty similar offense compared to 2012. Hooper ain’t the redzone threat TG was but Julio is more dominant, and Ridley ain’t no Roddy or sophomore Julio but who knows how much he’ll improve next year. Idk, could be a possibility if they wanted change but wanted to keep some level of continuity

10 TDs as a rookie though.  How far into Roddy was he when he got his 10th?  So, we can all agree prime Roddy was better than Rookie Ridley...but the gap isn't huge. If you go 4 deep at receiver, you could argue Julio, Sanu, Ridley, and Hooper is greater than Julio, Roddy, TG, and Douglas.  The biggest difference is at the RB positions. 

Wjcorner likes this

2 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:
You know what’s crazy? The Falcons ended up being two plays away from the playoffs. Score at the end in Philly and get a stop at the end against Cincinnati, and the Falcons are 9-7, in over the 8-8 Eagles.

Crazy to think of it that way but it is true. 

Bigbenright and Absolute like this

1 hour ago, Phillup11 said:

Dirk Koetter is predictable.  Its all passing attack with him.  We won't have a run game and as a result, no PA passes.  That is what had our offense using creativity and being unpredictable with Shanahan.  Folks say Sark isn't creative and is predictable, but if switching to Koetters scheme will have us the that same hole as we will be one-dimensional with a Oline thats not so great.  

I don't want Koetter but something else pretty darned predictable is what Sark's Falcons will do on 2nd down if they throw an incomplete pass on 1st, and what Sark's Falcons are going to do when they go empty backfield on 3rd down.

57 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:
You know what’s crazy? The Falcons ended up being two plays away from the playoffs. Score at the end in Philly and get a stop at the end against Cincinnati, and the Falcons are 9-7, in over the 8-8 Eagles.

That doesn’t even include the overtime loss to the Saints that could’ve swung on 1 play.  Parity in the NFL is real.

4 hours ago, falconfreek123 said:

Damn Damn Damn.gif

Precyse likes this

9 hours ago, falconfreek123 said:

You could say that about 5+ teams every year. It’s not an indication of the falcons being any better than a team on the outside looking in.

11 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

I’d rather keep continuity with Sark than rehash DK.  Ryan just had one of the best seasons of his career.  If we can get the guards situated to help get the run game going the offense will be fine.

DK offense was better than our's this year though. Go look it up. He put up better stats with Fitz and Crablegs.

lymond likes this

The sad thing is that when Koetter was here the problem wasn't really the offense.

It was the defense.  No pass rush.

Here we are 4 years later and it's the same thing but that's what tends to happen when you focus on skill players instead of the dline.

12 hours ago, Jesus said:

Dude throws 4 TD passes a game vs the Falcons regularly, but still loses.

throwing td passes is not that hard against us heck i bet you could throw at least one against us 

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

You could say that about 5+ teams every year. It’s not an indication of the falcons being any better than a team on the outside looking in.

true

12 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

My son talked with Matt after the game and pointed out that Smitty got canned mid-season, one day after losing to the Falcons.  Then he noted that Matt had probably just driven the last nail into Dirk Koetter's coffin.  He asked, jokingly, how Matt could sleep at night with that knowledge.

Matt's reply - "It's not that hard."

Matt seems like a really chill guy.

But he also seems like one of those guys who  can just be cold hearted.

No puns intended

12 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

My son talked with Matt after the game and pointed out that Smitty got canned mid-season, one day after losing to the Falcons.  Then he noted that Matt had probably just driven the last nail into Dirk Koetter's coffin.  He asked, jokingly, how Matt could sleep at night with that knowledge.

Matt's reply - "It's not that hard."

Awesome!

11 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

That doesn’t even include the overtime loss to the Saints that could’ve swung on 1 play.  Parity in the NFL is real.

Or the Cowboys game. Also the Browns. They got better but the Falcons shouldn't have lost to the Browns. 

2 hours ago, thewatcher said:

throwing td passes is not that hard against us heck i bet you could throw at least one against us 

Oh I could totally get two. I'm targeting Poole.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Or the Cowboys game. Also the Browns. They got better but the Falcons shouldn't have lost to the Browns. 

Browns actually pushed us around pretty good. Game wasn’t as close as score indicated. 

16 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

so is Matt a coach killer or a coach promoter? Several opposing coaches have fallen after playing Matt and, several have been promoted after working with Matt....

Who was promoted and had success? 

54 minutes ago, Precyse said:

Who was promoted and had success? 

not what I said my man. You can't deny several have gone on the higher positions. I didn't say they were successful after moving on. Something in common with Brady maybe, coaches or players that move on from playing with them don't find any greener grass. 

13 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

not what I said my man. You can't deny several have gone on the higher positions. I didn't say they were successful after moving on. Something in common with Brady maybe, coaches or players that move on from playing with them don't find any greener grass. 

What does that say about the player