Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidecar Falcon

Dirk Koetter Fired

47 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

so is Matt a coach killer or a coach promoter? Several opposing coaches have fallen after playing Matt and, several have been promoted after working with Matt....

The coach killer is the one who steals crab legs.

falconsd56, Rings and JDaveG like this

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The coach killer is the one who steals crab legs.

Lol, howed ya like to have that drama on our team? Just another guy who can't put it all together. Shows how hard it is to be a successful nfl player.

5 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Lol, howed ya like to have that drama on our team? Just another guy who can't put it all together. Shows how hard it is to be a successful nfl player.

Dude throws 4 TD passes a game vs the Falcons regularly, but still loses.

23 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Hes a better Sark, still hasnt learned to have a top flight rushing attack.

well fk man, maybe you could let him know?

We actually have a pretty similar offense compared to 2012. Hooper ain’t the redzone threat TG was but Julio is more dominant, and Ridley ain’t no Roddy or sophomore Julio but who knows how much he’ll improve next year. Idk, could be a possibility if they wanted change but wanted to keep some level of continuity

I’d rather keep continuity with Sark than rehash DK.  Ryan just had one of the best seasons of his career.  If we can get the guards situated to help get the run game going the offense will be fine.

Drew4719 likes this

53 minutes ago, Statick said:

Not saying that I'd want Koetter back in the ATL, but I'd take any OC with actual NFL experience/success over a college OC anytime. 

Sark has 2 years NFL experience with post season experience to boot

Dirk Koetter is predictable.  Its all passing attack with him.  We won't have a run game and as a result, no PA passes.  That is what had our offense using creativity and being unpredictable with Shanahan.  Folks say Sark isn't creative and is predictable, but if switching to Koetters scheme will have us the that same hole as we will be one-dimensional with a Oline thats not so great.  

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

so is Matt a coach killer or a coach promoter? Several opposing coaches have fallen after playing Matt and, several have been promoted after working with Matt....

My son talked with Matt after the game and pointed out that Smitty got canned mid-season, one day after losing to the Falcons.  Then he noted that Matt had probably just driven the last nail into Dirk Koetter's coffin.  He asked, jokingly, how Matt could sleep at night with that knowledge.

Matt's reply - "It's not that hard."

JDaveG, Drew4719, HOYLE and 7 others like this

25 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

No thanks. I hate his system 

I don’t, but I hate it for this team. 

Its Martz 2.0. It works with the right personnel. The problem (as Martz and Koetter both have learned) is it’s not nearly as good without it.