Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Glad we won those last 3 games. That's equivalent to a superbowl, right?

101 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Weeks 15 Through 17 Champs, Baby!

Lol.  Didn’t Jerry Glanville had something similar like NFC West champ belt like in wrestling the year they beat all NFC West teams or something like that?  Talk about corny.

38 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Does X-box count? :ninja:

Or PS4? Maybe all the tankers got participation trophies!

did you ever tank while playing at a D-1 school? Hellll naw

1 hour ago, Champagne said:

The Falcs CAN carry the momentum into next season, I tell ya. That's how momentum works, see? Everybody knows this!

I disagree. Maybe if the team remained intact across the board, but even then i dont buy it. There are 8 months until we play another game and i dont expect mlst of the coaching staff to be here. A new system, new year, new schemes. I would rather have the higher draft pick.

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

This is actually a perfect example of why tanking is pointless. Going back, he may not have even been a top 5 pick.

I dont disagree, but i was using it as an example that tanking happens.

16 minutes ago, freefall said:

Lol.  Didn’t Jerry Glanville had something similar like NFC West champ belt like in wrestling the year they beat all NFC West teams or something like that?  Talk about corny.

California Trophy. We beat all the teams in California that season. Oddly enough it was made by a fan but Jerry loved it.

Edited by Geneaut

Just now, falconfreek123 said:
You know what’s crazy? The Falcons ended up being two plays away from the playoffs. Score at the end in Philly and get a stop at the end against Cincinnati, and the Falcons are 9-7, in over the 8-8 Eagles.

Yup. It was a disappointing season but far from terrible. The core nucleus of the team is intact. Need some infusions of talent in some spots but far from a rebuild 

Geneaut and mashburn*Fibonacci like this

5 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Whew, so glad we won those last 3 games. That's like the superbowl, right? Or at least a WC slot, right?..... well maybe half the team we keep next year will remember it,  right? 

And I bet Thomas Dimitroff isn't going to trade up and lose draft picks. He's never done that before.  

.... if we had a chance at playoffs, i'm all in for winning. But no one is going look back on a losing season of 5-11 vs 7-9. They both suck, both missed the playoffs, both had no chance, however one does have a lot better off a chance of picking in the draft.

I've have never heard a fan say,  "remember those last 3 games of a losing season?". .....and it sure as **** doesn't give anyone any smack talk room.  

Look at the bright side, we beat three of the worst teams in football. Now that's an accomplishment which will have zero effect on next season. If we trade up in the draft, then perhaps those victories were worthless, so I must agree with the above statement.

7-9 in an injury riddled season sort of validates what everyone thought the falcons were...a good team with some very tough breaks in terms of injuries. Had the team gone 3-13 like OP preferred, I’d be more concerned about the direction of the team than the draft pick number 

Vandy, MSalmon, Geneaut and 2 others like this

5 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Yep, all these scrub players that won't even be in the league next year will be able to put it on there resumes when they are trying to become realistate agents and insurance salesman 

lololol

6 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Whew, so glad we won those last 3 games. That's like the superbowl, right? Or at least a WC slot, right?..... well maybe half the team we keep next year will remember it,  right? 

And I bet Thomas Dimitroff isn't going to trade up and lose draft picks. He's never done that before.  

.... if we had a chance at playoffs, i'm all in for winning. But no one is going look back on a losing season of 5-11 vs 7-9. They both suck, both missed the playoffs, both had no chance, however one does have a lot better off a chance of picking in the draft.

I've have never heard a fan say,  "remember those last 3 games of a losing season?". .....and it sure as **** doesn't give anyone any smack talk room.  

Meh, I'm just glad we won the last three games because losing bites. When someone shows me data empirically demonstrating that an 8 position slide in draft position impacts your winning percentage for x years into the future, then I may rethinking my "win because winning is good" stance. Me thinks if they make the right @$%#$ picks when they are on the clock, it will be fine. 

Vandy likes this

6 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The players arnt stupid, they know as well as we do winning 3 meaningless games actually hurt our team in the draft. No ones excited to have a season like we did, you can hear it in the players voices during interviews. 

Utter BS nonsense.

6 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

In a perfect world, where every player plays up to their draft position. Doesn't work like that though. Picking #6 does not guarantee you get a better player than picking #12. The last 2 times we picked in the top 10, we left MUCH better players on the board than they guys we ended up drafting.

And tankers want us to lose for that. Screw all tankers.

Some of y'all Falcons fans are young and you think maybe a few slots up might make a difference, sometimes it does if you hit the pick, but more often than not that is the case.But us older folks like me cherish every win because we never know how many more we'll ever see.

I hope I'm around when we finally win one, but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy the games I do see. Don't hate on the fans that want to see victories...peace and love

30 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Meh, I'm just glad we won the last three games because losing bites. When someone shows me data empirically demonstrating that an 8 position slide in draft position impacts your winning percentage for x years into the future, then I may rethinking my "win because winning is good" stance. Me thinks if they make the right @$%#$ picks when they are on the clock, it will be fine. 

Tampa is the only team that tried to win against us in those three games, and that's because a job was on the line. We didn't beat the other teams, they just knew they were better off taking the L

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Tampa is the only team that tried to win against us in those three games, and that's because a job was on the line. We didn't beat the other teams, they just knew they were better off taking the L

Then why did the Panthers not intentionally lose today?

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I disagree, but it isn't worth the debate. Btw, did you catch the Cardinals? All they had to do was lose to lock up number one and they rode the Seahawks hard for 4 quarters. Maybe they had the 4 way tie breaker covered?  Knew the coin toss results?  I dunno.