Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mashburn*Fibonacci

Glad we won those last 3 games. That's equivalent to a superbowl, right?

101 posts in this topic

Whew, so glad we won those last 3 games. That's like the superbowl, right? Or at least a WC slot, right?..... well maybe half the team we keep next year will remember it,  right? 

And I bet Thomas Dimitroff isn't going to trade up and lose draft picks. He's never done that before.  

.... if we had a chance at playoffs, i'm all in for winning. But no one is going look back on a losing season of 5-11 vs 7-9. They both suck, both missed the playoffs, both had no chance, however one does have a lot better off a chance of picking in the draft.

I've have never heard a fan say,  "remember those last 3 games of a losing season?". .....and it sure as **** doesn't give anyone any smack talk room.  

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Teams don’t tank in the NFL. Get over it. 

Posts like this make it more clear why the Falcons had no interest in you working for them. LOL

But I did work for them, just not what I wanted it to be. And you know there's a lot of saint and panther fans who work there, right? Not just a couple, but a lot.  

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Yep, all these scrub players that won't even be in the league next year will be able to put it on there resumes when they are trying to become realistate agents and insurance salesman 

I get it just wanting to win. But people are idots if they think this will help next season. 

1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

I get it just wanting to win. But people are idots if they think this will help next season. 

It's lack of perception, many of the posters here dosnt seem to grasp the concept. It's really sad, you can't magically make something out of absolutely nothing 

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

So you think having the players go out on the field and intentionally lose sets a good precedence?

One way you get better players. Do you think the team wants a better chance of getting a ring next year or have bragging rights of a 7-9 losing season? 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The best part is that at least half the people thumping their chest about finishing on a win streak will be *****ing about so and so player wasn’t available when the Falcons draft next year.

Me.  I don’t care.  I just find hypocrisy entertaining 

You know a lot of peple are going to be ticked when Thomas trades up. 

23 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Whew, so glad we won those last 3 games. That's like the superbowl, right? Or at least a WC slot, right?..... well maybe half the team we keep next year will remember it,  right? 

And I bet Thomas Dimitroff isn't going to trade up and lose draft picks. He's never done that before.  

.... if we had a chance at playoffs, i'm all in for winning. But no one is going look back on a losing season of 5-11 vs 7-9. They both suck, both missed the playoffs, both had no chance, however one does have a lot better off a chance of picking in the draft.

I've have never heard a fan say,  "remember those last 3 games of a losing season?". .....and it sure as **** doesn't give anyone any smack talk room.  

i couldnt agree more. The falcons history is riddled with losing seasons and moral victories, but i suppose thats whats come to be realization. Those 10 spots or so are huge, but rest assured we can carry the "momentum" into next year.

13 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Teams don’t tank in the NFL. Get over it. 

Posts like this make it more clear why the Falcons had no interest in you working for them. LOL

Nfl teams, like every sport tank. The browns are strongly suspected of it last year. Google it if you dont believe me.

1 minute ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

One way you get better players. Do you think the team wants a better chance of getting a ring next year or have bragging rights of a 7-9 losing season? 

In a perfect world, where every player plays up to their draft position. Doesn't work like that though. Picking #6 does not guarantee you get a better player than picking #12. The last 2 times we picked in the top 10, we left MUCH better players on the board than they guys we ended up drafting.

1 minute ago, falcon1fan said:

i couldnt agree more. The falcons history is riddled with losing seasons and moral victories, but i suppose thats whats come to be realization. Those 10 spots or so are huge, but rest assured we can carry the "momentum" into next year.

Half the players won't be here. And a lot of players didn't even really play this season.  Ryan, Matthew, mack, julio,  sanu, Hooper, Ridley .....and then you have trufant, alford,  beasely who will only get that momentum.  

Embrace the suck likes this

32 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Well said. Smart teams like the Packers tank.

3 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

In a perfect world, where every player plays up to their draft position. Doesn't work like that though. Picking #6 does not guarantee you get a better player than picking #12. The last 2 times we picked in the top 10, we left MUCH better players on the board than they guys we ended up drafting.

You forget we traded up for players like trufant, don't you? 

Embrace the suck likes this

2 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

You forget we traded up for players like trufant, don't you? 

And we traded up for players like Julio. What in the world does that have to do w/ anything? You are speaking as if the draft is a guarantee rather than the crap-shoot it really is. Finishing this season on a high-note is a positive.

FalconFan1st likes this

4 minutes ago, falcon1fan said:

downey for clowney

This is actually a perfect example of why tanking is pointless. Going back, he may not have even been a top 5 pick.