ChickenBiscuit

The Bucs have a top 5 pick today and we're pushed to 16th. Who really won today?

449 posts in this topic

Sure this has been posted but I'm not reading 17 pages to find out why someone thought we were picking 16th

2019 NFL Draft Order

* indicates TBD in playoffs

1. Arizona Cardinals (3-13) 
2. San Francisco 49ers (4-12) 
3. New York Jets (4-12) 
4. Oakland Raiders (4-12) 
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) 
6. New York Giants (5-11) 
7. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) 
8. Detroit Lions (6-10) 
9. Denver Broncos (6-10) 
10. Buffalo Bills (6-10) 
11. Cincinnati Bengals (6-10) 
12. Green Bay Packers (6-9-1) 
13. Miami Dolphins (7-9) 
14. Atlanta Falcons (7-9) 
15. Washington Redskins (7-9) 
16. Carolina Panthers (7-9) 
17. Cleveland Browns (7-8-1) 
18. Minnesota Vikings (8-7-1) 
19. Titans/Colts (9-7) 
20. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-6-1) 
*21. Colts/Titans (9-7) 
*22. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7) 
*23. Seattle Seahawks (10-6) 
*24. Los Angeles Chargers (12-4) 
*25. Raiders from Dallas (10-6) 
*26. Baltimore Ravens (10-6) 
*27. Houston Texans (11-5) 
*28. Raiders from Chicago (12-4) 
*29. New England Patriots (11-5) 
*30. Los Angeles Rams (13-3) 
*31. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) 
*32. Packers from New Orleans (13-3)

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Like I said, I don't know how much he played so I don't know what kind of impact he had on them. I do know the impact he had on the Falcons and not having him this year played a major role in the Falcons run defense going down the drain.

Yeah, understand that.  I think they just decided they couldn't afford him.

Just now, falconidae said:

Yeah, understand that.  I think they just decided they couldn't afford him.

I understand why they let him walk. I wasn't complaining about that. I'm just saying that a lot of the Falcons issues on defense wasn't because Deion Jones was out. That has proven to be true since the run defense didn't just magically get better after he came back. It's just like the folks saying that Alford and Trufant only suck because Allen and Neal got hurt. That's not true either.

Vandy likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I understand why they let him walk. I wasn't complaining about that. I'm just saying that a lot of the Falcons issues on defense wasn't because Deion Jones was out. That has proven to be true since the run defense didn't just magically get better after he came back. It's just like the folks saying that Alford and Trufant only suck because Allen and Neal got hurt. That's not true either.

Be really nice to see the Falcons address the lines in both FA and early and often in the draft. Fix the lines, this team can go on a deep playoff run.

Vandy and Falconsfan567 like this

7 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Rashan Gary, Dexter Lawrence, Derrick Brown, Jachai Polite, DeAndre Baker, Byron Murphy, Montez Sweat, Cody Ford, Christian Wilkins and Raekwon Davis should all still be on the board when we pick. Devin White, Clelin Ferrell or Jeffrey Simmons could even slip to us if someone wants to go after a QB or WR. Plenty of good choices.

Just watched them all. Dexter and Raekwon are like grown men playing with children 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

19 minutes ago, Precyse said:

Just watched them all. Dexter and Raekwon are like grown men playing with children 

Lawrence was who I desperately wanted right until he failed a drug test. He needs to have a really good explanation for that for us to take him in the first.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

See, with Senat, Jarrett, and Campbell I would be thrilled to get him. He’s a bit of a project but has the tools.

I’d really love to sign a Suh —who’s a legit NT these days—or even a Shelton to balance out the draft pick. Heck a reunion with Poe would be nice

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, TNFalcon1 said:

Almost as moronic as stating your opinion as being a fact?

Sure, but if you're insinuating I've stated my opinion is fact, you're false. I've perhaps said a higher draft slot is always better (for draft purposes, I won't get into the intrinsic value of a 'winning culture here). But that is fact, not opinion.  

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Sure this has been posted but I'm not reading 17 pages to find out why someone thought we were picking 16th

2019 NFL Draft Order

* indicates TBD in playoffs

1. Arizona Cardinals (3-13) 
2. San Francisco 49ers (4-12) 
3. New York Jets (4-12) 
4. Oakland Raiders (4-12) 
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) 
6. New York Giants (5-11) 
7. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11) 
8. Detroit Lions (6-10) 
9. Denver Broncos (6-10) 
10. Buffalo Bills (6-10) 
11. Cincinnati Bengals (6-10) 
12. Green Bay Packers (6-9-1) 
13. Miami Dolphins (7-9) 
14. Atlanta Falcons (7-9) 
15. Washington Redskins (7-9) 
16. Carolina Panthers (7-9) 
17. Cleveland Browns (7-8-1) 
18. Minnesota Vikings (8-7-1) 
19. Titans/Colts (9-7) 
20. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-6-1) 
*21. Colts/Titans (9-7) 
*22. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7) 
*23. Seattle Seahawks (10-6) 
*24. Los Angeles Chargers (12-4) 
*25. Raiders from Dallas (10-6) 
*26. Baltimore Ravens (10-6) 
*27. Houston Texans (11-5) 
*28. Raiders from Chicago (12-4) 
*29. New England Patriots (11-5) 
*30. Los Angeles Rams (13-3) 
*31. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) 
*32. Packers from New Orleans (13-3)

The Falcons didn't have a single win against the top half of the league... yikes.

Geneaut and mqg96 like this

9 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I’d really love to sign a Suh —who’s a legit NT these days—or even a Shelton to balance out the draft pick. Heck a reunion with Poe would be nice

Poe signed a 3 year deal in CAR I thought.

We will never sign Suh. We need an upgrade to McClain and better DE play period. Shelby IR; he is gone. Reed possibly cut for cap reasons if nothing else. Bring back Irvin, figure out plan for VB, and draft for DL/get a cheaper veteran for DT than a Suh would command.

OL is what FA needs to fix more so than DL, IMO.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Knight of God and PokerSteve like this

8 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

oh and the defense still looked pathetic, second-half showing and all.

SOMEONE better get fired after this ******* season, because God knows free agency is going to be boring. We'll wait until every player has been picked over to see if we can get a bargain bin rotational piece then get everyone hyped about some DL/OL prospect at #16 only to draft a freaking skill position player (I love Ridley, this is not a jab at him)

Related image

Want some milk?

55 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We will never sign Suh. We need an upgrade to McClain and better DE play period. Shelby IR; he is gone. Reed possibly cut for cap reasons if nothing else. Bring back Irvin, figure out plan for VB, and draft for DL/get a cheaper veteran for DT than a Suh would command.

Sensible. I would really like to look at Kwon Alexander as well 

Ergo Proxy and Geneaut like this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Sensible. I would really like to look at Kwon Alexander as well 

I mean if we can snag him for modestly cheap but you gotta wonder if a team will overpay and bank on ACL recovery. Some teams are desperate in FA, but if he gets ignored I take a chance on him. He may want a 1 year prove it deal. Might not be ready for week 1. I do want LB to be addressed. Front 7 all the way, CB needs a plan but side note for now.

Knight of God likes this

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I mean if we can snag him for modestly cheap but you gotta wonder if a team will overpay and bank on ACL recovery. Some teams are desperate in FA, but if he gets ignored I take a chance on him. He may want a 1 year prove it deal. Might not be ready for week 1. I do want LB to be addressed. Front 7 all the way, CB needs a plan but side note for now.

1 yr prove it is all I’m willing to think about 

Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

8 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I hear you, but OL FA this year might not be great. But who knows. Suh? That’s my preference (not falcons that I know of) after watching him this year. He’s sort of morphed into a Jason Ferguson type active NT. 

I don’t, however, see the Falcons drafting 2 DTs. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

I guess we have to wait 5 years or so to find out. The 5th pick in the draft doesn't automatically mean the player picked there will have the better career than the 16th pick. Just try to enjoy the win and hope the Falcons get their picks right.

The RiseUp Avenger likes this

11 hours ago, jidady said:

Lawrence was who I desperately wanted right until he failed a drug test. He needs to have a really good explanation for that for us to take him in the first.

****. So that's who you guys were talking about. Hopefully it isnt a repetitive thing