ChickenBiscuit

The Bucs have a top 5 pick today and we're pushed to 16th. Who really won today?

449 posts in this topic

oh and the defense still looked pathetic, second-half showing and all.

SOMEONE better get fired after this ******* season, because God knows free agency is going to be boring. We'll wait until every player has been picked over to see if we can get a bargain bin rotational piece then get everyone hyped about some DL/OL prospect at #16 only to draft a freaking skill position player (I love Ridley, this is not a jab at him)

Related image

We won.  Because it doesn't matter how good our draft pick is .... He could be the best draft on the board and his talent won't make a difference on our team because our coaching is still pathetic and it sucks...

We still have spineless Quinn

Quinn would be fired at 4:05 PM if word got out got out that he told his team to lay down. A lot of dudes are competing just to stay employed out there so no one is going to tank anyway.

#55 and Ergo Proxy like this

If it wasn't Q. Will at #2 I'm glad we are in the teens and not reaching. I don't really want Oliver. Tired of these small players. We are in a good spot now for either Simmons, Brown, or Wilkins. I prefer Simmons tho.

10 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

There’s like 9 first round DT prospects, I really don’t think all of them will get selected before our pick. 

Maybe, but a top 5 pick could be a perennial pro-bowler (potential hall of famer) versus a guy who'll be decent and have 1 or 2 pro bowls.

Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

Maybe, but a top 5 pick could be a perennial pro-bowler (potential hall of famer) versus a guy who'll be decent and have 1 or 2 pro bowls.

It gives you a better chance, yes, but Donald was picked around 10 and is a HOF, while Greg Robinson at pick #2 was a colossal bust. 

Geaux_Falcons, Ergo Proxy and FA91 like this

1 minute ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Not always true and actually if you look at the nfl right now the majority of the sack leaders in the nfl right now were drafted in the 11 to 20 range more than the top 10.  It's pretty strange that it turns out that way as you would think the top 10 guys have more talent but from what i have seen alot of times.  The better teams who are better coached actually turn similar talent players which most guys in the top 15 into much better players in the long run.

Captain Falcon likes this

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

It gives you a better chance, yes, but Donald was picked around 10 and is a HOF, while Greg Robinson at pick #2 was a colossal bust. 

That was idiotic Mike Smith at the helm, I wanted Mack #1 and Donald #2 that year. Not mad at Matthews but he's gonna be one of those decent career types.

3 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

False they both COULD BE a hall of fame player.  Aaron Donald wasn't picked in the top 5 so it sucks for him that he will only be a 1 or 2 pro bowl player right?

Ergo Proxy likes this

Rashan Gary, Dexter Lawrence, Derrick Brown, Jachai Polite, DeAndre Baker, Byron Murphy, Montez Sweat, Cody Ford, Christian Wilkins and Raekwon Davis should all still be on the board when we pick. Devin White, Clelin Ferrell or Jeffrey Simmons could even slip to us if someone wants to go after a QB or WR. Plenty of good choices.

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Not always true and actually if you look at the nfl right now the majority of the sack leaders in the nfl right now were drafted in the 11 to 20 range more than the top 10.  It's pretty strange that it turns out that way as you would think the top 10 guys have more talent but from what i have seen alot of times.  The better teams who are better coached actually turn similar talent players which most guys in the top 15 into much better players in the long run.

JJ Watt, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, Myles Garrett (all drafted in the top 5 and are top 5 in sacks). Aaron Donald should've been drafted in the top 5 too.

We showed the NFL whose smart. Half they guys won't even have a job next year and they will become insurance salesman off a win vs Tampa..! Good job team

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

1 minute ago, IA Falcon07 said:

False they both COULD BE a hall of fame player.  Aaron Donald wasn't picked in the top 5 so it sucks for him that he will only be a 1 or 2 pro bowl player right?

I wrote COULD, but JJ Watt, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, Myles Garrett are all top 5 picks. They're drafted there for a reason. Aaron Donald was top 5 talent but teams didn't have a need for DT that year and he dropped.