Ergo Proxy

The Beauty in Winning Today

97 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And we can cherry pick all day; but let’s view everything in a vacuum and ignore dynamics. Examples exist of teams winning out a season on a streak and following it up with a SB run. Those aren’t the norm, but it is a factor in why those teams made a run. I use one positive example where 1998 roster Falcons said the 1997 win streak absolutely set them up for 1998 and I get asked to provide other proof instead.

lol

You do realize I support your position?

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, jstammer said:

So your idea of "often" is once in the past 21 years? Ummm... ok. 

That’s not what he said at all. Someone asked for one example, and he gave them one. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

24 minutes ago, Vandy said:

“Terrible Team”? More drama queen foolishness. 

The Falcons lost to Cleveland, Cinci, a struggling Eagles team, smoked by the Steelers, Packers and Division rival Saints twice. They collected 2 wins from the 5th worst team, 2 from a brutal Panthers team, 1 from the worst team in the NFL, 1 from the 6th worst team in the NFL and another from the lowly Redskins. In fact, the Falcons did not win a single game against a team ranked above 18th. 

If you think this Falcons team wasn't terrible this season, you're going senile, old man.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 hour ago, jstammer said:

So your idea of "often" is once in the past 21 years? Ummm... ok. 

Not about ratio, I just used one example. You’d have to look at teams with a win streak of some kind to close a season and their subsequent year. Other poster brought up more examples in a tank vs not tank thread.

Wasnt data mining or framing information.

Simply put a team that may be close to a SB run has been shown to benefit from closing on a streak in a year they didn’t make a run. It’s one factor that could lead to a run and certainly effects team chemistry.

What is so hard to understand about culture in a team environment? Draft picks aren’t a guarantee at success either.

Dont mind me though. I’m not in the business of re-framing data or discounting real dynamics; confirmed from the mouths of former players that lived it and breathed it, but I believe in psychology and mindset. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Viewing a win or a win streak only on how it effected draft position is hyper focusing and missing the big picture. A pick isn’t a guarantee but culture is more sustainable and encourages personal accountability.

And no, a win streak to end a year isn’t a license to a playoff run or anything of the sort next year.

Thats the point. Tanker crowd is coming in with hot takes of percentages. I’m talking psychology and the fact people aren’t robots; especially paid football players.

You can’t discount winning culture as being part of SB success. That’s gonna carry you further than a single draft spot. The pick matters more than the place they were picked.

And this FA we have more flexibility than last year.

Godzilla1985 likes this

3 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

The Falcons lost to Cleveland, Cinci, a struggling Eagles team, smoked by the Steelers, Packers and Division rival Saints twice. They collected 2 wins from the 5th worst team, 2 from a brutal Panthers team, 1 from the worst team in the NFL, 1 from the 6th worst team in the NFL and another from the lowly Redskins. In fact, the Falcons did not win a single game against a team ranked above 18th. 

If you think this Falcons team wasn't terrible this season, you're going senile, old man.

Seems the one senile is you, Tanker Boy. Terrible is what you wanted, a 4-12 team drafting in Top 5. Sorry they disappointed you and your loser mentality. 7-9 is meh, but far from terrible. 

LOL....Do you ever get anything right? 

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s not what he said at all. Someone asked for one example, and he gave them one. 

In a post they were quoting which included an example. Talk about reading comprehension, but let’s invalidate a real dynamic about people in team competitive environments just because every SB appearance; why stop there ONLY the SB winner, isn’t always from a previously poor yet finished strong season.

Re-framing is fun!

DDC7F992-3954-488E-9224-E64563D6CBFA.thumb.jpeg.c6d37619f2fad834fd1ee705e0302ad2.jpegmanning.jpg.95116eea079971511f64b60122c0c1ca.jpgAFD101C8-7E37-4E5E-8448-DDDFBE61016F.jpeg.8a716b5677b0fc3724f50862aec63ce3.jpeg

Vandy and Drew4719 like this

Just now, Vandy said:

Seems the one senile is you, Tanker Boy. Terrible is what you wanted, a 4-12 team drafting in Top 5. Sorry they disappointed you and your loser mentality, but 7-9 is meh,  

Did you even read my post? Those 7 wins were thanks to playing 7 awful teams. Actually, no, the Falcons played more than 7 awful teams and STILL only managed 7 wins. The Falcons only played TWO teams that will be in the playoffs this year. TWO. The 2017/2018 Falcons were straight up terrible. And that's not disputable. 

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

In a post they were quoting which included an example. Talk about reading comprehension, but let’s invalidate a real dynamic about people in team competitive environments just because every SB appearance; why stop there ONLY the SB winner, isn’t always from a previously poor yet finished strong season.

Re-framing is fun!

DDC7F992-3954-488E-9224-E64563D6CBFA.thumb.jpeg.c6d37619f2fad834fd1ee705e0302ad2.jpegmanning.jpg.95116eea079971511f64b60122c0c1ca.jpgAFD101C8-7E37-4E5E-8448-DDDFBE61016F.jpeg.8a716b5677b0fc3724f50862aec63ce3.jpeg

The Tankers are whining like petulant children.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Seems the one senile is you, Tanker Boy. Terrible is what you wanted, a 4-12 team drafting in Top 5. Sorry they disappointed you and your loser mentality. 7-9 is meh, but far from terrible. 

And how many of those games were close?

Oh, define it you say?

How about 4 games lost on the FINAL PLAY OF THE GAME! Hey it wasn’t even close to a winning season or playoff appearance.

lol

some cats dude.

Geneaut likes this

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL....Do you ever get anything right? 

Literally every single time you @ me I've been right.

Also, in case you're wondering, with you being ancient and all, an '@' means mentioning or quoting me. 

14 minutes ago, dothan_birdman said:

You do realize I support your position?

Yes, I just am indirectly ignoring the guy you quoted who ignores what I type while asking for exactly what was already given.

6 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Did you even read my post? Those 7 wins were thanks to playing 7 awful teams. Actually, no, the Falcons played more than 7 awful teams and STILL only managed 7 wins. The Falcons only played TWO teams that will be in the playoffs this year. TWO. The 2017/2018 Falcons were straight up terrible. And that's not disputable. 

Nope. Your posts aren’t worth reading.

Falcons were a middle of the road team this year, due to numerous factors. Poor offseason by GM and HC, especially in free agency, which resulted in lack of depth magnified by injuries, as well as poor coaching adjustments. But to their credit, they overcame that to finish 7-9, which is far from terrible. A better offseason and decent draft, they’ll be a playoff team next year.

Far from terrible. 

I ask again, do you ever get anything right?

NCFalconfan likes this

Just now, Vandy said:

Your posts aren’t worth reading.

Falcons were a middle of the road team this year, due to numerous factors. Poor offseason by GM and HC, especially in free agency, which resulted in lack of depth magnified by injuries, as well as poor coaching adjustments. But to their credit, they overcame that to finish 7-9, which is far from terrible. A better offseason and decent draft, they’ll be a playoff team next year.

Far from terrible. 

I ask again, do you ever get anything right?

And, again, I am right. Not surprising that you focus solely on record and refuse to acknowledge quality of opponent. Also, I'm surprised you could type that paragraph so quickly, you know, with all that arthritis you presumably have.  

We lose 4 games on the last play of the game.

Season could be 11-5 and we’re 2016 Falcons all over again. Oh how your perceptions would change. But if we go on a run next year I won’t necro this post. You need to find truth yourself.

3 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

And, again, I am right. Not surprising that you focus solely on record and refuse to acknowledge quality of opponent. Also, I'm surprised you could type that paragraph so quickly, you know, with all that arthritis you presumably have.  

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We lose 4 games on the last play of the game.

Season could be 11-5 and we’re 2016 Falcons all over again. Oh how your perceptions would change. But if we go on a run next year I won’t necro this post. You need to find truth yourself.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeConti929/status/1079533710259744769

Ergo Proxy likes this

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Maybe you get hit by a bus before next season. Fat lot of good that draft pick 4 spots higher does then.

I'm here to enjoy football now.

I’m wth this this losing ****e situation regardless can kick rocks.

Those who think this improved draft position helps the franchise is speculation at its finest.

We also widened our all time win advantage over another division rival. The Falcons have the all time win advantage over all their division opponents.  This is the kind of stuff I never would have imagined back in our NFC West days.

Ergo Proxy and Drew4719 like this

6 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Nope. Talking a win streak. You don’t even know what I referred to.

Often times, a team that closes on a win streak has been in the SB the next season.

See our 1997 season.

And I didn’t say guarantees, like the tankers keep talking or like your post implies.

But keep attacking ideas you don’t even comprehend and typing defamatory posts with your partial distinction in your tiny week 17 bubble.

You do realize that 97 team didn’t finish on a win streak, right?

They lost the last game of the season.

They did however go 6-2 over the final 8 games.

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

You do realize that 97 team didn’t finish on a win streak, right?

They lost the last game of the season.

They did however go 6-2 over the final 8 games.

5 straight wins before the final week lost.

Same point; technical difference. A win streak after season was over to end the season.

5-1 ending. That mattered; of course not just the record. Just like overcoming 17 on the road today matters. 3 straight is a stronger way to finish than a couple wins and choking down 17 to start today. Lot of fight from the team today.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

Carolina won 4 straight; got into the playoffs by virtue of winning NFC South, with a losing record in 2014. Took a playoff game upset in fact before being ousted. 2015 made a SB run.

8 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

We’re undefeated since the tankers started coming out.  Maybe they should start earlier next season?

We should start tanking in week one next year! Think how high we'd get to pick in the 2020 draft!

Ergo Proxy likes this