Ergo Proxy

The Beauty in Winning Today

97 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

amen. and this win was very impressive because we overcame a large deficit and some horrible one sided officiating. refs were also directly responsible for the big momentum in the second half.

I keep hearing two versions on radio. Archer says it’s the biggest franchise comeback since 1980. Mike Conte as postgame show host says largest road comeback in 25 years.

Either way. We can learn to close games still, but we gotta be able to come from behind as well. Learning to win regardless of circumstances. Kind of like make a winning pick regardless of draft spot.:tiphat:

Thats where our fight needs to be as a franchise entering the offseason and having a head coach and players capable of pushing through adversity is not a trait of all teams.

I don’t know how they will adjust coaching staff, but that’s another topic.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
raysnill1 likes this

33 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

So you have been in an NFL locker room ?

No, I’m just speculating like everyone else.  And going by what coaches and players say.  Maybe it’s just meaningless platitudes.

It’s moot at this point anyway.  They’ve demonstrated they will never lose on purpose to draft higher.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You can get behind a win; when it’s your team that wins.

Believe in winning.

I don’t need to feel better over a a few draft spots. Win with good picks; not just position. We gonna get good players this offseason and we won out the season. That matters to team culture; in your house, and moving forward.

Yep, I must be Herm's daddy because this is my philosophy.

Geneaut, Ergo Proxy and jidady like this

7-9 looks more like a team who just needs to fix a few issues. We played poorly most the year but we finished strong. Disappointed in the bad losses but **** we were only a couple games from playoffs despite the rash of critical injuries 

Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

42 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

So you have been in an NFL locker room ?

Yes, My uncle (uncle John) was a kicker for the Bills. I got to go into the locker room to meet OJ Simpson in the early 70s.  

Yes, I shook a murderers hand before he was a murderer.  I mean at the time he was my favorite player. 

Geneaut likes this

^Tanker fans asking our players to tank or do something they want based on their script, but ignoring what it means to be on a team in a competitive environment.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

19 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Half this team and coaches won't even be here.

And you don’t want to see who wants to be here and who is even worth considering or even re-considering?

52 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

History doesn't prove that winning or losing the last game of the season has any correlation the next seasons failure or success lmao, you're just talking out of your ***. 

Let's take a look at who won and lost in week 17 last year, and see how it correlates to the 2018 season. http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/year/2017 

Alright the Lions won last year, but wow they're a bottom 10 team this season what amazing correlation, the browns won and they've been a middle of the pack team this year is that correlating? Actually the Cardinals won their last game in 2017, and they are the worst team in the NFL, wow guess that really carried over for them going into 2018. The Bucs beat the Saints in their last game and they ended up as a bottom 10 team, while vice versa the Saints became the number 1 seed in the NFC. Looks like history really does show that winning or losing those week 17 games really carries on into the next season doesn't it?

Stop spitting out this idiotic rhetoric it literally has zero correlation to how well or how bad a team does in the next season. 

Nope. Talking a win streak. You don’t even know what I referred to.

Often times, a team that closes on a win streak has been in the SB the next season.

See our 1997 season.

And I didn’t say guarantees, like the tankers keep talking or like your post implies.

But keep attacking ideas you don’t even comprehend and typing defamatory posts with your partial distinction in your tiny week 17 bubble.

dothan_birdman likes this

1 hour ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Depends how you look at it. 2016 we had a 25 point lead in the Superbowl. 1998 we didn't even make the game close. So I look at the 16 season as our best. 

I want to make one thing clear. I'm in no way wanting or thinking the players will throw a game to help our draft positon. 

I do think however a loss will be better for this franchise as going foward since drafting higher gives you a better shot at landing your players.  

Also I've asked multiple times but have yet to be given the data. Do you have proof that winning some meaningless games at the end of the year actually help you the next season? I keep seeing this mentioned but with zero proof.

Surely if winning meaningles had any bearing you wouldnt see multiple teams benching their stars today. 

It’s like you didn’t even read my post. Lol

And correlation doesn’t equal causation. Same with draft spot. People want to win. Tankers think it’s the most important thing at the sacrifice of other important things.

im not gonna do a statistical graph to fix tanker mentality. Especially when my post isn’t even read.

Go to your therapist or learn about life; NFL teaches those lessons to those who want to learn them. Others just complain and blame. #Losing

KennyRK likes this

12 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It’s like you didn’t even read my post. Lol

And correlation doesn’t equal causation. Same with draft spot. People want to win. Tankers think it’s the most important thing at the sacrifice of other important things.

im not gonna do a statistical graph to fix tanker mentality. Especially when my post isn’t even read.

Go to your therapist or learn about life; NFL teaches those lessons to those who want to learn them. Others just complain and blame. #Losing

Lol no proof. Didn't think so. 

1 hour ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Correlation doesn't equal causation. You need a way bigger sample size to draw a conclusion that winning games at the end of the season directly affects next seasons results. 

While your first statement is true, there is no doubt the mental aspect affects outcome primarily if its a negative aspect  Sports are not an exact science

Edited by dothan_birdman
Ergo Proxy likes this

What did it matter.  Win did not mean a thing.  Would have rather had a better draft pick.  You know something we can screw up without the excuse our pick was too high. LOL. Oh well.  Guess I hang with my Ravens friends for the playoffs.  Anyway.  You all have a happy n safe New Year.

12 minutes ago, dothan_birdman said:

While your first statement is true, there is no doubt the mental aspect affects outcome primarily if its a negative aspect  Sports are not an exact science

And we can cherry pick all day; but let’s view everything in a vacuum and ignore dynamics. Examples exist of teams winning out a season on a streak and following it up with a SB run. Those aren’t the norm, but it is a factor in why those teams made a run. I use one positive example where 1998 roster Falcons said the 1997 win streak absolutely set them up for 1998 and I get asked to provide other proof instead.

lol

Edited by Ergo Proxy

3 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Any proof of this actually being true? I've herd in mentioned alot here. 

Any proof it’s not? I’ve heard it mentioned a lot that it’s not in here.  

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

Falcons gave up 7 draft slots while still looking like a terrible team. Not much beauty in it.

“Terrible Team”? More drama queen foolishness. 

Geneaut likes this

54 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

No, I’m just speculating like everyone else.  And going by what coaches and players say.  Maybe it’s just meaningless platitudes.

It’s moot at this point anyway.  They’ve demonstrated they will never lose on purpose to draft higher.

So in speculating,  you don’t realy know either way?

like i have said before, tanking or not only has one definite, you will draft higher or not. 

As far as building momentum, most rosters have a turnover of personal which means that each team year builds its own. Versus a guarantee of a higher pick.

Which is why I leaned towards the Tanking crowd. B)

2 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

It never hurts to end the season on a win streak.  That really does carry over to the attitude in the offseason and the confidence going in to next year.

If you bring back the exact same team and coaches as the previous year. 

Otherwise it’s not linear. 

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Often times, a team that closes on a win streak has been in the SB the next season.

See our 1997 season.

So your idea of "often" is once in the past 21 years? Ummm... ok.