Ergo Proxy

The Beauty in Winning Today

97 posts in this topic

You can get behind a win; when it’s your team that wins.

Believe in winning.

I don’t need to feel better over a a few draft spots. Win with good picks; not just position. We gonna get good players this offseason and we won out the season. That matters to team culture; in your house, and moving forward.

ADDED:

Did we just ignore the lesson of injuries this season taught us? Some never learned the lesson. You can lose players to injury; regardlsss of FA or draft pick. What you do have control over is your mentality.

This team stood up when some fans only cared about what they wanted. Nothing cures problems like winning. We need culture for that:

Sure, you can take the higher draft pick and feel better as a fan, but that’s a terrible consolation prize. Culture of winning is the subject. We got some leaders out of the way we closed this season; this season of adversity.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

3 minutes ago, Brewcrew said:

It never hurts to end the season on a win streak.  That really does carry over to the attitude in the offseason and the confidence going in to next year.

Any proof of this actually being true? I've herd in mentioned alot here. 

I totally agree. The tankers will point out the draft position changes and that fact that we now play a 2nd place schedule instead of the 4th place schedule.  Both of those arguments are logical fallacies to me. You can't assume a better draft pick = better draft outcome.  There are many variables and the best drafts always come down to how well available players at any particular pick meet a team's needs...and the quality of choices made. As far as the 4th place schedule or second place schedule...that is based on past performance and the rosters will be different next season. 

Ergo Proxy, capitan, Geneaut and 1 other like this

I enjoyed the win because the offense looked in sync.  After being down 17 they stepped it up and it looked like the good times.  Matt looked dialed in.  Julio looked dialed in.  Plays were being ran with people being wide open.  It looked right.

Defense looked like diarrhea, but it’s always looked as such.

7 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’ve been saying this, closing out a season strong translates over into the next season. The panthers did that from 2012-13. Most recent example would be the 2017-18 chargers who are now a top SB contender. 

Yes and no.

Ive seen plenty of Falcons teams go on a ‘streak’ at the end of a season and not continue that trend the next season.

Mora.... Reeves.... Smitty.... 

Ive only seen the Falcons turn a lost season win streak into something special a handful of times.  97 is the only one I can really remember.   Maybe 01.  And that was the same Coach.

2011 was a playoff season.

2015 lost to the Saints

I don’t know if you can talk about end of season momentum when they blowout the head coach and entire staff.

1 minute ago, falcndave said:

I totally agree. The tankers will point out the draft position changes and that fact that we now play a 2nd place schedule instead of the 4th place schedule.  Both of those arguments are logical fallacies to me. You can't assume a better draft pick = better draft outcome.  There are many variables the best drafts always come down to how well available players at any particular pick meet a team's needs. As far as the 4th place schedule or second place schedule...that is based on past performance and the rosters will be different next season. 

:tiphat:

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Any proof of this actually being true? I've herd in mentioned alot here. 

Not with this team... other than maybe 2 seasons.

Unless you count where they blew out the entire staff and half the roster...