Falconsfan567

Matt Ryan Joins Exclusive 35 TD Pass Club

48 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Exactly. A guy who after 11 seasons is 12 all time tds and 11th yards if I remember correctly. The HOF is about continued excellence for a long time. Compare his career to Flacco for example. Being a nfl qb is hard

I remember early in their careers most people said Flacco.  It's not even close now.  Remember, the Ravens tried to trade up that year ahead of us to get Ice.

Ergo Proxy, Geneaut and MSalmon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UniteandConquer said:

Hater

Lol. I defend a Ryan here a lot. But for me Elite is when you get in to top 10 all time. He is on cusp of it. People throw the word elite here loosely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

Very surprised Luck is on that list. I admit I don’t keep up with the AFC much, but that is impressive. Although they haven’t had much of a running game since Faulk left years ago.

 

I think you're forgetting Edgerrin James, but I agree that the Colts haven't had a good run game in quite a long time.

Emmitt and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. I defend a Ryan here a lot. But for me Elite is when you get in to top 10 all time. He is on cusp of it. People throw the word elite here loosely. 

He's top ten among QBs with 12 years of experience in yards [3], TDs [7], wins [4], 4th quarter comebacks [3], game winning drives [3], QB rating [8], Comp%[4]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

Very surprised Luck is on that list. I admit I don’t keep up with the AFC much, but that is impressive. Although they haven’t had much of a running game since Faulk left years ago.

Andrew Luck had 40 TD passes in 2014 and has 36 this year.

Emmitt, Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stryka said:

He was doing this without Sark. Sark isnt adding to Ryan. Just letting Ryan be great. Ryan has 3 different 30TD pass seasons. 3 different OCs.  Very impressive. Would have been great to see what Ryan could have done if he had Belicheck like Brady did or S. Payton like Brees did or **** even Mike McCarthy like A. Rod. Did. Chemistry and familiarity make a world of difference 

THIS is why Sark needs to stay.  Ryan has had a merry-go-round of OC's in his career.  It's about time we stuck with someone.

What Matt needs is an offensive line.  Get Matt an offensive line (and some freaking depth), and Sark will look like a genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, falconidae said:

He's top ten among QBs with 12 years of experience in yards [3], TDs [7], wins [4], 4th quarter comebacks [3], game winning drives [3], QB rating [8], Comp%[4]

No doubt, in couple of years he will be in all time top 10 for most categories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emmitt said:

Very surprised Luck is on that list. I admit I don’t keep up with the AFC much, but that is impressive. Although they haven’t had much of a running game since Faulk left years ago.

Luck is inconsistent and can’t stay healthy but one of the most talented QBs in the NFL today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quickzero said:

Well we had to ease Ryan in as a rookie. Not put to much on his plate and let his strengths and weaknesses be exposed to the league. I liked the move to start Ryan as a rookie(Ryan pretty much earned it training camp)but to pound the rock with Turner and showing only a few of Ryans strengths exclusively(play action).

Huh? 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mc said:

Huh? 

Lol

I was replying to the guy that said that Mike Smith should have ran the West Coast offense at the start of Ryans career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. I defend a Ryan here a lot. But for me Elite is when you get in to top 10 all time. He is on cusp of it. People throw the word elite here loosely. 

I wonder if you'd say the same if we we're talking about Roethlisberger or even Mahomes.

Ryan is top 10 all time in completion percentage, passer rating, and TD to INT ratio. He's 13th all time in passing TDs with 295. Rodgers is 10th with 338. He's 12th all time in passing yards. By the end of next season he'll blow by Warren Moon for the 10th spot. He has the third highest playoff passer rating in NFL history. He's topped 4900 passing yards with 69% completion, over 8 YPA, and 35+ TDs twice (in three years). He has the second longest streak of 4000 passing yard seasons with 7. He recorded the fifth highest single-season passer rating in NFL history. He owns the single-season record for YPA and passing TDs to different receivers. He owns the playoff record for most consecutive games with 3+ passing TDs. Ryan owns the NFL record for most consecutive games with 200 passing yards. He's the fastest to 40,000 passing yards. He's been a league MVP, and if it wasn't for dumb coaching he'd also be Super Bowl MVP.

I could go on, but the point is "elite" doesn't loosely describe Ryan. He is firmly in that category now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I wonder if you'd say the same if we we're talking about Roethlisberger or even Mahomes.

Ryan is top 10 all time in completion percentage, passer rating, and TD to INT ratio. He's 13th all time in passing TDs with 295. Rodgers is 10th with 338. He's 12th all time in passing yards. By the end of next season he'll blow by Warren Moon for the 10th spot. He has the third highest playoff passer rating in NFL history. He's topped 4900 passing yards with 69% completion, over 8 YPA, and 35+ TDs twice (in three years). He has the second longest streak of 4000 passing yard seasons with 7. He recorded the fifth highest single-season passer rating in NFL history. He owns the single-season record for YPA and passing TDs to different receivers. He owns the playoff record for most consecutive games with 3+ passing TDs. Ryan owns the NFL record for most consecutive games with 200 passing yards. He's the fastest to 40,000 passing yards. He's been a league MVP, and if it wasn't for dumb coaching he'd also be Super Bowl MVP.

I could go on, but the point is "elite" doesn't loosely describe Ryan. He is firmly in that category now. 

All I can add to this is that he tore the league up despite being under constant pressure and being sacked 40+ times. Ryan is a stud and the question of "elite or not" wouldn't even be debated if he played for a darling team. 

Drew4719, Geneaut and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I wonder if you'd say the same if we we're talking about Roethlisberger or even Mahomes.

Ryan is top 10 all time in completion percentage, passer rating, and TD to INT ratio. He's 13th all time in passing TDs with 295. Rodgers is 10th with 338. He's 12th all time in passing yards. By the end of next season he'll blow by Warren Moon for the 10th spot. He has the third highest playoff passer rating in NFL history. He's topped 4900 passing yards with 69% completion, over 8 YPA, and 35+ TDs twice (in three years). He has the second longest streak of 4000 passing yard seasons with 7. He recorded the fifth highest single-season passer rating in NFL history. He owns the single-season record for YPA and passing TDs to different receivers. He owns the playoff record for most consecutive games with 3+ passing TDs. Ryan owns the NFL record for most consecutive games with 200 passing yards. He's the fastest to 40,000 passing yards. He's been a league MVP, and if it wasn't for dumb coaching he'd also be Super Bowl MVP.

I could go on, but the point is "elite" doesn't loosely describe Ryan. He is firmly in that category now. 

Mahomes isn’t elite, that’s his first year as starter. You can make a case for Big Ben.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Matt Ryan's 2018 Passing Stats

  • 422/608 (69.4%), 4924 YDS (8.1), 35 TD, 7 INT, 108.1 QB Rating

Matt Ryan's Career Passing Stats

  • 4052/6201 (65.3%), 46,720 YDS (7.5), 295 TD, 133 INT, 94.9 QB Rating

those are fabulous numbers.  any team would want their qb to have those stats...

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VTCrunkler said:

those are fabulous numbers.  any team would want their qb to have those stats...

I just love how it's Matt's fault that the Falcons are 7-9 and if we got a new QB we'd win more games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just love how it's Matt's fault that the Falcons are 7-9 and if we got a new QB we'd win more games.

What we need is a bit of context...back in the Vick/post Vick era folks were clamoring for the classic dropback passer..a guy who could put up these numbers..and to be consistent..

 

Matt is not only consistent, but we are a consistently winning team with him on it...i recall not too long ago, this franchise had never had back to back winning seasons...it was boom or bust...

and now, with MR at the helm, we are perennial playoff contenders...within shooting distance of a lombardi....this is exactly where we wanted to be as a franchise, and who we visualized as a qb!  hes better than what i hoped for actually.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Imagine without all the drops?

Ice most passing yards in his first 11 seasons. 

Let's stop pretending here:

We have an elite QB who will be in the HOF.

SB or not, if you listed all Ryan's stats, everything we've been posting the past few years that you don't normally see the talking heads mentioning, he'd be a first ballot hall of fame. He's bested many of the greats on many stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now