Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VTCrunkler

Mark Richt

15 posts in this topic

You could tell the fire was out in him.  He left the real Mark Richt back in Athens.  His getting fired affected him more than he let on.  More than anything he wanted to bring a championship to Georgia...

Image result for mark richt hurricanes

VTCrunkler likes this

6 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

You could tell the fire was out in him.  He left the real Mark Richt back in Athens.  His getting fired affected him more than he let on.  More than anything he wanted to bring a championship to Georgia...

Sad... he doesn't even like his real self in this pic. It's like he doesn't even look happy

slickgadawg likes this

1 minute ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Sad... he doesn't even like his real self in this pic. It's like he doesn't even look happy

Exactly. I saw it every week which is why  i posted that picture...

7 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Yeah. I don’t think he’d be coaching anyway if it hadn’t been his alma mater that offered him the job. Gave it a few years, just not their for him any more after regressing. 

slickgadawg likes this

4 minutes ago, fuego said:

Yeah. I don’t think he’d be coaching anyway if it hadn’t been his alma mater that offered him the job. Gave it a few years, just not their for him any more after regressing. 

Another thing with this.  Athens is the perfect place to be for a coach.  I lived in Miami before. NOT a place to raise a family. Its literally like being in a foreign country.  Then, Miami doesn't even have a ON CAMPUS stadium.  Hard Rock Stadium is a PRO FOOTBALL stadium 20 miles away from campus. 

Miami football left with the original Orange Bowl.  Contrast that to Athens and the atmosphere at football games. Heck, i don't even think the college playoff game last night was sold out between Bama and Oklahoma.  Miami is just not a good football town anymore period...

Edited by slickgadawg
Borat and fuego like this

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Maybe uga fires the oc and richt comes back as oc.

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

He left the offfensive guru richt at fsu 

Frankly I can't believe he lasted as long as he did at UGA. 

He coached great talent into mediocrity, his teams were sloppy and undisciplined, almost never won the big games, and for some reason the hierarchy over there in Athens accepted the 'Capital One Bowl' year after year after year. 

UK13 likes this