Falconsfan567

Mark Richt Retiring

112 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I would have preferred Mario over Manny. 

I really think Diaz can recruit.  His offensive coordinator hire is going to be huge.  Mario would make recruiting in south florida very very very tough.  Depending on who Diaz hires he can make things tough as well, but will the administration give him the $$$ he needs to make some big hires.  

27 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Lazy hire by a lazy administration. I am beyond mad right now. I knew this would be it. Everyone I talked to is just wondering who will be the OC. I love Miami to death. But this program is dead as of right now. I have nothing left to give to Miami

Thats why I asked the question above.  I mean how do you not even take, I don't know .... like a second or two to weigh your options.   Diaz may work out but that hire gave me whiplash. 

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I really think Diaz can recruit.  His offensive coordinator hire is going to be huge.  Mario would make recruiting in south florida very very very tough.  Depending on who Diaz hires he can make things tough as well, but will the administration give him the $$$ he needs to make some big hires.  

Yeah he out-recruited USC in the state of CA this year.  

youngbloodz likes this

1 minute ago, frankly88 said:

Yeah he out-recruited USC in the state of CA this year.  

Mario is a GREAT recruiter and right now he has Oregon basically going to dominate the pac-12 for the next 3 to 5 years IMO with the talent he is amassing up there.  

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Diaz has been real lazy recruiting the last two years. His OC hire will be huge. Miami gave Richt a $1mil a year budget to hire an OC so I would assume they will do that for Diaz. I expect him to name a defensive coordinator and keep the rest of the defensive staff. Could be wrong 

10 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Thats why I asked the question above.  I mean how do you not even take, I don't know .... like a second or two to weigh your options.   Diaz may work out but that hire gave me whiplash. 

Blake James was desperate cause he was worried about this years recruiting class. He said it would be a national search but that was a lie. 

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Diaz has been real lazy recruiting the last two years. His OC hire will be huge. Miami gave Richt a $1mil a year budget to hire an OC so I would assume they will do that for Diaz. I expect him to name a defensive coordinator and keep the rest of the defensive staff. Could be wrong 

those defensive coaches on staff really seem to get along well with Diaz so that is a big plus and the OC hire is exactly what miami fans wanted.  I would withhold any judgment until he makes his coaching staff hires. 

latest update on stephenson.. 

InsideTheU reached out right away to Miami Southridge Top100 defensive back Tyrique Stevenson to get his reaction to the news late Sunday.

Stevenson's response?

"Very big," he said in a message. "I’m still in shock."

Stevenson is set to announce a decision Jan. 5 at the All-American Bowl in San Antonio. He will pick between Miami and Georgia.

A number of people close to Stevenson have indicated that Stevenson signed a National Letter of Intent with either the Hurricanes or Bulldogs during the Early Signing Period earlier this month, but he has yet to inform anyone of who he signed that paperwork with which makes his comment about Diaz taking over all that more interesting.

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

I just hope he doesn't try to poach James Coley for OC

won't happen.. coley was already fired from miami as OC.  booster and fans would go crazy if that happened.  

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

those defensive coaches on staff really seem to get along well with Diaz so that is a big plus and the OC hire is exactly what miami fans wanted.  I would withhold any judgment until he makes his coaching staff hires. 

I'm upset cause it was a lazy hire. I'm just ready for Blake James to leave. But you guys are right it could work. Just 15 years of this stuff and I'm getting annoyed. 

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I just hope he doesn't try to poach James Coley for OC

Funny, a lot of fans want him. They will feel better about the hire. I dont want Coley back as an OC personally. But I would love the assistant OL coach from UGA

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

won't happen.. coley was already fired from miami as OC.  booster and fans would go crazy if that happened.  

Some fans want him. Doubt boosters do. I know I don't 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I'm upset cause it was a lazy hire. I'm just ready for Blake James to leave. But you guys are right it could work. Just 15 years of this stuff and I'm getting annoyed. 

it was obvious this was their fallback and they were not truly going to make any national search.  any idea on the numbers for diaz?  it was a lazy hire for sure, but it still might work out. 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Some fans want him. Doubt boosters do. I know I don't 

there is no way in heck will boosters sign off on bringing back a guy who was fired to do the same job he was fired for..

The OL coach doesn't do much good without the recruits to mold. Whoever comes in just has to make it a top priority to recruit O Linemen. That was always one of Richt's biggest problems. 

Edited by RandomFan

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

it was obvious this was their fallback and they were not truly going to make any national search.  any idea on the numbers for diaz?  it was a lazy hire for sure, but it still might work out. 

I heard $3 mil but that wasn't from my source. 

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The OL coach doesn't do much good without the recruits to mold. Whoever comes in just has to make it a top priority to recruit O Linemen. That was always one of Richt's biggest problems. 

Stacey Searles couldn't recruit the right recruits to mold

Took from 247 which took from Lynch’s FB

Arthur Lynch re: Richt

• hot
  • - Replies: 19 
  • - Views: 1154
  • - Started By: Fridawg
  •  +133 from 135 users
  1. Fridawg 6785 posts

3 hours agovia Mobile

Saw this on Facebook. 

Now that he is retired, I don’t think CMR would mind me sharing this story that perfectly illustrates who he is as a football coach, and more importantly, as a man. 

It was January of 2011, we had just finished the season 6-7 with a loss to UCF in the Liberty Bowl. CMR called a team meeting, which wasn’t abnormal during that time of year, as we usually met as a team before the 2nd semester to go over classes, workouts, goals, etc. However, this meeting was surrounded by rumors that Coach Richt was offered another coaching job - for more money - at his alma mater and we believed he was going to take it. Obviously, we wouldn’t have blamed him due to the pressures of coaching in the SEC and the fact he was now on the “hot seat.” 

As we sat down, there was a single chair in front of the team meeting room, which we all knew to be the hot seat usually set up during the preseason. The hot seat, for those who don’t know, is an opportunity for any member of the program to get in front of the team and share his own personal story. Normally meant for seniors, others have sat there before and that day was Coach Richt’s turn to speak his truth. 

We were expecting his farewell, but what we were given was the most revealing and telling depiction of who Coach Richt truly was as a man. He explained that he wanted nothing more than to win a championship and finish his job here at Georgia, but believed it wasn’t his sole purpose. His purpose was to raise each of us as if we were his own and fulfill the promises he made to our parents and loved ones. 

As he continued, he then asked for those of us who had been raised in broken homes or without a father to raise their hands. Over half the room, including myself, raised their hands. He scanned the room and after a long pause said, “see my job isn’t to just win football games, it’s to make sure in 20 years your sons aren’t sitting in these seats raising their hands. My job is to mold each of you into good husbands, fathers, and men, who also happen to be great football players.” 

There wasn’t a player in that room who didn’t want CMR to be the man to bring UGA a championship. Against all odds we ended up winning the SEC East the following season. Each one of us who played for CMR are forever grateful for his wisdom, guidance, and love that he has given us over the years. He was an incredible football coach, who never lost sight of what was most important about his job and that was the well-being of his players. 

Thank you, Coach. We love you!

Best, 
    Artie Lynch 
    UGA Letterman, Class of ‘13.

7 hours ago, Carter said:

I remember the last time Miami hired their defensive coordinator with long ties to the city to be the head coach.

Same here. After sleeping on it and getting some feedback from some that knows him I feel a little better. Still a lazy hire and I want James fired. But I was told Manny isn't stubborn and willing to change things up which is great to hear. Also he is into analytics. Which every sport seems to be going to now. 

56 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Same here. After sleeping on it and getting some feedback from some that knows him I feel a little better. Still a lazy hire and I want James fired. But I was told Manny isn't stubborn and willing to change things up which is great to hear. Also he is into analytics. Which every sport seems to be going to now. 

I agree, lazy hire.  

youngbloodz likes this