Falconsfan567

Mark Richt Retiring

112 posts in this topic

Theres rumors a lot of former Canes are pushing for Rex Ryan. Hes currently pushing hard for the Dolphins job, even has a potential staff in place. Not sure he's even interested in college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Theres rumors a lot of former Canes are pushing for Rex Ryan. Hes currently pushing hard for the Dolphins job, even has a potential staff in place. Not sure he's even interested in college.

Yeah, was already mentioned in this thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, just saw this, and came in to read youngbloodz thoughts

Figured the moment that I read this, that it wasn't just him being tired of the game or something

From the moment I first read that they wanted his son fired, I had serious reservations on whether he'd be able/willing to pull that trigger

That's a tough thing to do for anyone, and Richt was never that cutthroat

youngbloodz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Yeah, just saw this, and came in to read youngbloodz thoughts

Figured the moment that I read this, that it wasn't just him being tired of the game or something

From the moment I first read that they wanted his son fired, I had serious reservations on whether he'd be able/willing to pull that trigger

That's a tough thing to do for anyone, and Richt was never that cutthroat

Yep he is a loyal person. I can't be mad at that cause that's who he always been

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Manny Diaz met with Miami today. He may leave Temple after just a couple of weeks. 

Yep, saw that. It wouldn't be unprecedented. And honestly where would you rather coach, Temple or Miami? Would be a no-brainer if they offer it to him. But as youngbloodz said, it doesn't seem like everybody would be on board with bringing Diaz back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an interesting theory

Mark Richt the most responsible for Tennessee decline.

Quote

The part of his legacy that nobody talks about, is his direct role in the decline of the Vols.

Richt was not the coach in the SEC Spurrier was. But his existence did way more damage to the Vols. As he began to get more top-notch talent from the state of Georgia to stay home, Rocky Top began to suffer.

During the 1990s, Tennessee football was a national staple with Georgia talent. It was basically a second home state. Guys like Jamal Lewis, Deon Grant, Cosey Coleman and Mercedes Hamilton were integral pieces to the last two SEC Championship teams from Knoxville.

After Richt arrived, those recruits became harder to get. Sure, legacy guys like Eric Berry still committed. But largely, the Vols lost many of those players to UGA. And it showed throughout the following recruiting classes.

Fulmer failed to secure a Top 10 class in 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2008. Meanwhile, his last three Top 10 classes in 2002, 2005 and 2007 were considered three bust recruiting classes. Combined they all had only two players from the state of Georgia: Berry and Chris Scott.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow that is quite interesting.  I bet you they keep that defensive staff together now with Diaz returning. It's a no brainer for Diaz.  Temple can't compete with Miami. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

WoW!

Did they like Diaz that much or are they just desperate?

They liked what he did with the defense. Officials wanted Diaz to stay but the offensive staff to go. Now they get that wish. Diaz will bring in an OC that fits what the boosters wanted.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Haha, I guess that question was answered then. 

@youngbloodz whatcha got? How you feeling about this and what are you hearing?

Lazy hire by a lazy administration. I am beyond mad right now. I knew this would be it. Everyone I talked to is just wondering who will be the OC. I love Miami to death. But this program is dead as of right now. I have nothing left to give to Miami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Miami also saves money by doing this.

Exactly right cause that's all the sorry *** BOT care about. They are full of it and I can't say what I really want without getting banned

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, youngbloodz said:

Lazy hire by a lazy administration. I am beyond mad right now. I knew this would be it. Everyone I talked to is just wondering who will be the OC. I love Miami to death. But this program is dead as of right now. I have nothing left to give to Miami

Hate it for you man, but you never know, it might turn out better than you think. Just remember you were all excited about the Richt hire and I tried to temper your expectations on that one. Hopefully this one will turn out better for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Hate it for you man, but you never know, it might turn out better than you think. Just remember you were all excited about the Richt hire and I tried to temper your expectations on that one. Hopefully this one will turn out better for you. 

That's true. You guys were right about Richt. I just thought he learned his lesson and would be different. But I was wrong. I'm never going to see my school win another National title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

As social media is pointing out, Oregon is the most happy fan base. They don't have to replace another HC after a year.

yep.. if they went after Cristobal i could have seen him leave oregon even with what he is building up there.. he has a love for Miami.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep.. if they went after Cristobal i could have seen him leave oregon even with what he is building up there.. he has a love for Miami.  

I would have preferred Mario over Manny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unkn0wn said:

Miami is most likely Mario's dream job. He would have left for a pay cut probably. 

I'm guessing it's Manny Diaz's too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now