Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R_The_Great

Steve Sarkisian 'Seriously at Risk of Being Fired'

29 posts in this topic

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813017-report-steve-sarkisian-seriously-at-risk-of-being-fired-as-falcons-oc

Report: Steve Sarkisian 'Seriously at Risk' of Being Fired as Falcons OC

PAUL KASABIANDECEMBER 29, 2018

ATLANTA, GA - SEPTEMBER 30: Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian on the field during the second quarter against the Cincinnati Bengals at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on September 30, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)
Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, who has been with the team for two seasons, "is seriously at risk" of losing his job, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

Rapoport noted that defensive coordinator Marquand Manuel is as well.

After finishing No. 1 in scoring in 2016 under ex-coordinator Kyle Shanahan, the Falcons fell to No. 15 in 2017 with Sarkisian calling plays. Atlanta improved to No. 11 in 2018, but a struggling ground game and red-zone woes marred the attack. The 6-9 Falcons will miss the playoffs after they made the Super Bowl in 2016 and reached the divisional round last season.

Rapoport reported that ex-Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, who was on the same 'Hawks staff as current Falcons head coach Dan Quinn when the latter was a Seattle defensive coordinator, could take the job.

In fairness to Sarkisian, he's not the No. 1 reason the Falcons missed the playoffs. Atlanta had horrible luck with injuries, as safeties Keanu Neal (torn ACL) and Ricardo Allen (torn Achilles) suffered season-ending ailments in September. Linebacker Deion Jones missed 10 games.

After allowing the eighth-fewest points per contest in 2017, the Falcons fell to No. 25 in scoring defense this year.

On offense, running back Devonta Freeman suffered a season-ending groin injury and played in just two games. Offensive guard Andy Levitre (triceps) played just twice as well.

Still, the Falcons may be forced to do something after the team's drop from near-Super Bowl champion to potential last-place finisher in 2018. Quinn isn't going anywhere after he nearly won a title in 2016, and the franchise quarterback (Matt Ryan) and superstar wideout (Julio Jones) aren't headed out either.

Ultimately, Sarkisian may be the fall guy. While his tenure in Atlanta did not go well, he's only 44 years old and has accumulated plenty of experience on the college and pro levels. If the Falcons fire him, he shouldn't be out of work for long.

Sarkisian is a dweeb that lasted 2 years too long.  He should have been a QB coach or someone under neath an offensive coordinator before EVER getting a chance to call plays.  How he fooled Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff is Amazing to me.  With the horrible era of Bobby Petrino, you would think a college coach would NOT be the first option.  Really sad to see this team go to waste and get DEMOLISHED after that Super Bowl run, but, Arthur Blank believes in FOOLS gold.  

5 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Ian R has mentioned it a few times now.

It’s old news. Let’s see what happens. Ian R mentioned few things before which were just speculation. I personally think Sark May be fired but won’t be surprised if they keep him.

That right there sums up the Falcons season. Good drive killed by bad execution. Marvin Hall drops what should have been a 20 yard pick up on 1st down and then holding by Jake Matthews and then Ryan forces one to Julio in double coverage that was lucky not to be picked. For for Sark to keep that from happening.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This is old news. As been said before, firing Sark and replacing him with Bevell would be like selling a Ferrari and buying a Pinto.

If by Ferrari you mean, like, one of those 'Hot Wheels' ones.

We should keep Sark.  He's done a nice job and MR2 always sucks in year one with any coordinator.  If we had better blocking and DST play, we'd be playoff bound.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This is old news. As been said before, firing Sark and replacing him with Bevell would be like selling a Ferrari and buying a Pinto.

You got the quote wrong. Hiring Sark was like giving the keys to a Ferrari over to a 16 year old kid with a learner’s permit.

1 minute ago, DogIsYourName said:

We should keep Sark.  He's done a nice job and MR2 always sucks in year one with any coordinator.  If we had better blocking and DST play, we'd be playoff bound.

This is year 2 with Sark. If our offense could run the ball, we could sustain a drive, control the clock, and keep our defense rested. 

2 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

I have no doubt Sark can be a top 10 playcaller in the NFL, and yeah, he's had to deal with some serious injuries on the OL and RB.  That being said, he makes some boneheaded calls at times, and with the talent we have at our skilled positions, I don't want top 10, I think we should be top 3.  He's not capable of that.  I don't want to settle for good, I want great.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

It’s old news. Let’s see what happens. Ian R mentioned few things before which were just speculation. I personally think Sark May be fired but won’t be surprised if they keep him.

Quinn should be fired just for keeping him if he does... That mean he's not committed to winning..

11 minutes ago, pzummo said:

You got the quote wrong. Hiring Sark was like giving the keys to a Ferrari over to a 16 year old kid with a learner’s permit.

I didn't get anything wrong. Sark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bevell

9 minutes ago, poutlipper said:

I have no doubt Sark can be a top 10 playcaller in the NFL, and yeah, he's had to deal with some serious injuries on the OL and RB.  That being said, he makes some boneheaded calls at times, and with the talent we have at our skilled positions, I don't want top 10, I think we should be top 3.  He's not capable of that.  I don't want to settle for good, I want great.

There's not a great chance the next guy will be better than Sark.  And if he is, then that next guy will get hired away as a HC somewhere.  The great thing about Sark is he's an alcoholic.  So nobody is going to steal him from us, ever.

4 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

OP: Have you ever been on a date?

Well first off, no i am not interested in guys, if you are a guy, so asking about my dating life is not something I really come on here to talk about.  

Secondly, I posted an article I felt fit to this message board that is informative and truthful.  

For anyone who defends Sark are the same people who defend any other mediocre to bad talented nice guys that ever got paid by the Falcons. 

Just now, R_The_Great said:

Well first off, no i am not interested in guys, if you are a guy, so asking about my dating life is not something I really come on here to talk about. 

LMAO. Got em

2 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813017-report-steve-sarkisian-seriously-at-risk-of-being-fired-as-falcons-oc

Report: Steve Sarkisian 'Seriously at Risk' of Being Fired as Falcons OC

PAUL KASABIANDECEMBER 29, 2018

ATLANTA, GA - SEPTEMBER 30: Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian on the field during the second quarter against the Cincinnati Bengals at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on September 30, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)
Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, who has been with the team for two seasons, "is seriously at risk" of losing his job, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

Rapoport noted that defensive coordinator Marquand Manuel is as well.

After finishing No. 1 in scoring in 2016 under ex-coordinator Kyle Shanahan, the Falcons fell to No. 15 in 2017 with Sarkisian calling plays. Atlanta improved to No. 11 in 2018, but a struggling ground game and red-zone woes marred the attack. The 6-9 Falcons will miss the playoffs after they made the Super Bowl in 2016 and reached the divisional round last season.

Rapoport reported that ex-Seattle Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, who was on the same 'Hawks staff as current Falcons head coach Dan Quinn when the latter was a Seattle defensive coordinator, could take the job.

In fairness to Sarkisian, he's not the No. 1 reason the Falcons missed the playoffs. Atlanta had horrible luck with injuries, as safeties Keanu Neal (torn ACL) and Ricardo Allen (torn Achilles) suffered season-ending ailments in September. Linebacker Deion Jones missed 10 games.

After allowing the eighth-fewest points per contest in 2017, the Falcons fell to No. 25 in scoring defense this year.

On offense, running back Devonta Freeman suffered a season-ending groin injury and played in just two games. Offensive guard Andy Levitre (triceps) played just twice as well.

Still, the Falcons may be forced to do something after the team's drop from near-Super Bowl champion to potential last-place finisher in 2018. Quinn isn't going anywhere after he nearly won a title in 2016, and the franchise quarterback (Matt Ryan) and superstar wideout (Julio Jones) aren't headed out either.

Ultimately, Sarkisian may be the fall guy. While his tenure in Atlanta did not go well, he's only 44 years old and has accumulated plenty of experience on the college and pro levels. If the Falcons fire him, he shouldn't be out of work for long.

Sarkisian is a dweeb that lasted 2 years too long.  He should have been a QB coach or someone under neath an offensive coordinator before EVER getting a chance to call plays.  How he fooled Dan Quinn and Thomas Dimitroff is Amazing to me.  With the horrible era of Bobby Petrino, you would think a college coach would NOT be the first option.  Really sad to see this team go to waste and get DEMOLISHED after that Super Bowl run, but, Arthur Blank believes in FOOLS gold.  

The only way i want sark let go is if we go get kubiak...Atlanta better pay kubiak whatever it takes to get him here and if we cant might as well keep sark.