Monoxide

*** Official Falcons vs Buccaneers In-Game Thread ***

1,171 posts in this topic

Just now, WisFalcon said:

He is but age and injuries may spell the end after this season. May retire or be asked to retire. MAY being the key word

He looks fine to me.  I would definitely like to see how he looks next season but be sure an keep the italian ice dude too.  Can't remember his name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobby.Digital said:

I somehwhat agree. However the potential to trade down and load up on assets really takes a hit by winning today. A cap strapped team like us would have really benefitted from a deal like that. Also drafting higher in every other round is something never mentioned but its a big benefit of drafting higher. 

 

 

This is would have agreed with you on if we were picking in the top 3 or so and maybe 5 but we were never going to pick 5 more than likely because other teams suck as well worse than us that have the top 4 or 5 almost locked in at this point.  From pick 6 to 16 you MIGHT GET a 2nd or 3rd round pick to drop 7 to 10 spots.   Dimi as we all know almost never trades down almost ever so it was doubtful to happen this time as well and it would be a moot point anyways.    Also as far as being a cap strapped team we actually aren't that bad off as we are around 20 to 25 mil in cap space with a tons of crappy players to cut that make alot of money.  If we cut Alford, Schraeder, and 1 or 2 more baddies that will be addition by subtraction anyways we can get around 40 to 50 mil cap space.  Thats more than enough to give grady his raise and get us 3 or 4 more really good players.  Plus if we redo Julio's contract that number will drop as well in his 1st year and we gain cap space from that. 

You already know the offseason is my bread and butter big homie this is my time to shine as i enjoy it more than the regular season watching the games lol.  Im about to kick it into high gear doing all kinds of drafts number crunching and stuff.    I have always been one of those people who like to have higher draft picks if possible but don't care much if it's not because the nfl draft is all about who you get for your team fit wise because most of them are very similar in talent within 10 picks of each other in every round.    If anything to me the perk of having a higher draft pick would have been more value to trade up for a elite level player dropping to go get which is what dimitroff is more known to do.  With us having alot of comp picks coming in he very well could go get someone this year as well he likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jstammer said:

Thank God we have a defensive genious for a head coach. Just imagine how horrible we would be without his brilliance. 

Yep...no irony here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Why you clapping for that Quinn?  We effed up on both ends!

Really dude? You have been around for a MINUTE.....and you say (type) this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

This is would have agreed with you on if we were picking in the top 3 or so and maybe 5 but we were never going to pick 5 more than likely because other teams suck as well worse than us that have the top 4 or 5 almost locked in at this point.  From pick 6 to 16 you MIGHT GET a 2nd or 3rd round pick to drop 7 to 10 spots.   Dimi as we all know almost never trades down almost ever so it was doubtful to happen this time as well and it would be a moot point anyways.    Also as far as being a cap strapped team we actually aren't that bad off as we are around 20 to 25 mil in cap space with a tons of crappy players to cut that make alot of money.  If we cut Alford, Schraeder, and 1 or 2 more baddies that will be addition by subtraction anyways we can get around 40 to 50 mil cap space.  Thats more than enough to give grady his raise and get us 3 or 4 more really good players.  Plus if we redo Julio's contract that number will drop as well in his 1st year and we gain cap space from that. 

You already know the offseason is my bread and butter big homie this is my time to shine as i enjoy it more than the regular season watching the games lol.  Im about to kick it into high gear doing all kinds of drafts number crunching and stuff.    I have always been one of those people who like to have higher draft picks if possible but don't care much if it's not because the nfl draft is all about who you get for your team fit wise because most of them are very similar in talent within 10 picks of each other in every round.    If anything to me the perk of having a higher draft pick would have been more value to trade up for a elite level player dropping to go get which is what dimitroff is more known to do.  With us having alot of comp picks coming in he very well could go get someone this year as well he likes.

Im just like you bro draft time is my favorite part of the NFL season lmao. We kinda weird haha. 

Keep in mind we have to re up a bunch of players over the next two years while extending Julio and replacing whoever we cut. Our cap room is tight. 

As for draft positom while its not going to a HUGE difference I still believe drafting higher has a way bigger impact on this team than winning these meaningless games at the end of the year. I have yet to see any proof that winning those games has any bearing on the next season. While getting better players does. Obviously its no guarantee you will get a better player drafting higher does give you a better chance.

When I look at 2014 and see we missed out on Mack and Lewrance, two players we coveted over some meaningless wins it makes me sick. 

But whatever it is what it is. Need a big offseason. Hope we nail it.

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Im just like you bro draft time is my favorite part of the NFL season lmao. We kinda weird haha. 

Keep in mind we have to re up a bunch of players over the next two years while extending Julio and replacing whoever we cut. Our cap room is tight. 

As for draft positom while its not going to a HUGE difference I still believe drafting higher has a way bigger impact on this team than winning these meaningless games at the end of the year. I have yet to see any proof that winning those games has any bearing on the next season. While getting better players does. Obviously its no guarantee you will get a better player drafting higher does give you a better chance.

When I look at 2014 and see we missed out on Mack and Lewrance, two players we coveted over some meaningless wins it makes me sick. 

But whatever it is what it is. Need a big offseason. Hope we nail it.

Thats the guy i like to see as you like me know this win isn't that huge in the grand scheme of things.  It's goign to take alot of things going right to matter at this point in the offseason like getting better coaches, signing the correct FA guys and even drafting guys who fit the team well like neal and debo did in later rounds.  Now one thing i actually do like about winning these games is even if it is very little it will give some guys confidence going into next year that are young and getting better.  The cap hit on the draft picks will be a little lower overall not a ton but some.  One thing people aren't thinking about alot is also with us winning more and not just laying down the whole season going like 3 - 13 is good FA players know we have alot of talent here and know what we can do and it shows we are still trying and pushing to be better instead of just tanking completely.  That itself can persuade a solid FA to sign with you if the numbers are close over a completely lost team that just sucks and is no where near competing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Im gonna be honest it was at that moment when i seen us trade for such a crappy safety that even all pats fans hated and they praise all their players usually no matter how crappy they are because they say BB can make anyone good.  I knew we weren't gonna atleast try to be contenders because their were much better options available for us to get at the time that we didn't even have to give up anything for.

I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but one thing you said, just drives me nuts.  You didn't "SEEN" anything, You SAW it. You never use the word "Seen" in a sentence unless the word "Have " or  "Had" is in front of it, as in, I HAVE seen him run for a hundred yards before, or I HAD seen him play, but I forgot about it. .Saying I seen something is almost as bad as saying , "I ain't got nothing nohow".  Please don't be offended ,  I'm only trying to help.  

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but one thing you said, just drives me nuts.  You didn't "SEEN" anything, You SAW it. You never use the word "Seen" in a sentence unless the word "Have " or  "Had" is in front of it, as in, I HAVE seen him run for a hundred yards before, or I HAD seen him play, but I forgot about it. .Saying I seen something is almost as bad as saying , "I ain't got nothing nohow".  Please don't be offended ,  I'm only trying to help.  

Not offended at all but im gonna be truthful here i'll still use seen just like i did there probably a 100 more times before i die.  Without paying any attention to it because i don't care for the most part about little things like that.  It doesn't bother me like it might others when it comes to grammar and other people can mess up messaging me as well and it don't bother me either.  The fact that you actually knew what i was talking about and my point got through to anyone who read it was good enough for me my friend.  I'll leave it to all grammar nazis to correct it if they so choose to at their discretion as i won't correct anyone elses as long as i know what they are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stizz said:

That was cute, but let's not mess this up. Lose the game boys.

Quote

Lose the game boys.

....Think of all the times these words have been spoken! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, STOIC 2.0 said:

Really dude? You have been around for a MINUTE.....and you say (type) this? 

Yes, because this is game discussion and I almost choked on my roast beef sammich.  If I'm gonna die I need to explain why. 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it turned out to be a pretty good see-saw game....glad our season is over for this year.....I hope everything gets back in the groove next year.  

it's been a wild ride this year.

My mantra since 1966....NEXT YEAR.

Falcons baby, Falcons.

FB_IMG_1493154004288.jpg

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, HMFIC said:

I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but one thing you said, just drives me nuts.  You didn't "SEEN" anything, You SAW it. You never use the word "Seen" in a sentence unless the word "Have " or  "Had" is in front of it, as in, I HAVE seen him run for a hundred yards before, or I HAD seen him play, but I forgot about it. .Saying I seen something is almost as bad as saying , "I ain't got nothing nohow".  Please don't be offended ,  I'm only trying to help.  

Agree. I really don't think people who are sloppy with their grammar realize the hit their credibility takes if they come off sounding like a backwoods illiterate bumpkin with their posts. If you're not dumb, then it's not a good look to appear so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree. I really don't think people who are sloppy with their grammar realize the hit their credibility takes if they come off sounding like a backwoods illiterate bumpkin with their posts. If you're not dumb, then it's not a good look to appear so.

Agree, if you can't speak English correctly, you are advertising that you didn't pay attention in 5th grade. Everyone makes mistakes occasionally, or uses a colloquialism , but people who say, "I seen it" or don't know the difference between "Lose" and Loose", "their and "there" drive me nuts.  It's not rocket science, it's basic English.  In addition , those who say , "I'll do it anyway, because you know what I mean", are not only uneducated, but lazy.

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BraveFalcon11 said:

Ok. You know the only Victory we get out of losing today is the possibility of an overnight mind change by Arthur Blank to just get rid of Dan Quinn period. But knowing our luck it's not going to happen going by how brain-dead Arthur Blank acts these days sorry for the negativity

I think AB gets caught up in personal friendship with his staff, to a fault.  I'll guarantee you that if one of his Home Depots lost money two years in a row, that manager would be gone . 

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HMFIC said:

I think AB gets caught up in personal friendship with his staff, to a fault.  I'll guarantee you that if one of his Home Depots lost money two years in a row, that manager would be gone . 

RIGHT lol... But that's true to the core

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.