Monoxide

*** Official Falcons vs Buccaneers In-Game Thread ***

1,171 posts in this topic

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

That's not what unclutch means. I'm just picking on you for using the wrong vocabulary. If you want to call it frustrating that they win meaningless games, fine. Game winning drives aren't unclutch.

In terms of draft position it was "unclutch". 

The loss means we dropped from 10 to 15 possibly.

Blank may be fooled into thinking the coordinators are competent. 

We play tougher teams next year. 

Great.

1 minute ago, stizz said:

The loss means we dropped from 10 to 15 possibly.

Blank may be fooled into thinking the coordinators are competent. 

We play tougher teams next year. 

Great.

But are we going to be tougher next year that's my question

I don't care with Sark but MM should not be fired. maybe bring in an experienced DC and demote him but keep him. I would hate for him to get fired then in a few years when he's lighting it up as a DC folks will be all "why did we let him go?"

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

In terms of draft position it was "unclutch". 

It's all good we are still gonna get a bad *** player where we draft at.  We are still drafting in the top 15 and the talent from 5 to 15 is pretty close in general in this draft.   To me if we didn't have a chance at quinnen williams or bosa who are the 2 guys i see as next level talent over the other guys available then it really didn't matter to me after those 2 as the next batch are all similar talent we can get from 5 to 15.   Now if we had a chance at a top 3 pick i would have probably been pissed about it because picks to through 3 are crazy valuable compared to 4 and on.

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yeah. Nice to let him go out on a high note like that.

I thought Bryant was signed through next season?

4 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

So, when should we expect the news that MM and Sark are fired. Hopefully Armstongs name is also part of that news.

Hopefully in one hour

1 minute ago, Mescalito said:

I thought Bryant was signed through next season?

He is but age and injuries may spell the end after this season. May retire or be asked to retire. MAY being the key word

3 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

It's all good we are still gonna get a bad *** player where we draft at.  We are still drafting in the top 15 and the talent from 5 to 15 is pretty close in general in this draft.   To me if we didn't have a chance at quinnen williams or bosa who are the 2 guys i see as next level talent over the other guys available then it really didn't matter to me after those 2 as the next batch are all similar talent we can get from 5 to 15.   Now if we had a chance at a top 3 pick i would have probably been pissed about it because picks to through 3 are crazy valuable compared to 4 and on.

I somehwhat agree. However the potential to trade down and load up on assets really takes a hit by winning today. A cap strapped team like us would have really benefitted from a deal like that. Also drafting higher in every other round is something never mentioned but its a big benefit of drafting higher. 

Im just of the opinion of winning meanignless games has zero bearing on the next season and have yet to see any statistical evidence to refute my claim. While a higher draft position will actually help this team next season. 

Whatever though. It is what it is. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital
Jerz #DukeSZN likes this