Monoxide

*** Official Falcons vs Buccaneers In-Game Thread ***

1,171 posts in this topic

How ever this ends rest assured it will end in a way that is the worst possible thing for the Falcons. Probably get bounced out of a top 10 pick.

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope. I'm thinking based on Ryan's last few games he'll come in around 245 today. Passing game just hasn't been as sharp the last 2 or 3 games. I'm hoping he gets 2 TD passes to reach 35. Not too many guys in NFL history have multiple seasons with 35 or more TD passes. I've never looked it up but I would guess it's been done by 10 or fewer guys.

yep

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

You're actually right. Looked it up and not too many QBs have had multiple 35+ TD seasons. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Luck, Favre, Marino, Manning, Warner, and Steve Young are the only ones I believe that have done it. I was surprised to find that George Blanda threw 36 TDs in 1961. That's pretty crazy. 

George Blanda played for the Raiders. Raiders were an air it out team from the very beginning. They were the big reason the NFL became a passing league.

31 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Fox NFL Sunday sounds like they are in love with the Saints?

They're very fond of the Sucs. All of them picked Tampon Bay to beat us today.

FalconinPA likes this

3 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

You're actually right. Looked it up and not too many QBs have had multiple 35+ TD seasons. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Luck, Favre, Marino, Manning, Warner, and Steve Young are the only ones I believe that have done it. I was surprised to find that George Blanda threw 36 TDs in 1961. That's pretty crazy. 

Can eventually add Mahomes to that list barring injury.

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Falcons need 2WRs in mid/late rounds this draft. One that can do returns and another that has sure hands...Hardy and Hall as #4/5 options just aren’t there...not sure about Gage

Bringing in a cheap veteran option might be better in the short term. I’m not against drafting one late though.