Monoxide

*** Official Falcons vs Buccaneers In-Game Thread ***

1,171 posts in this topic

Final game of the season... What a rocky season it was, but the end is here. Let's go out strong.. Retune this franchise to come out hard next season. 

Forever and a Day Rise Up!!!

olehippy13 likes this

Best scenario - we build up a huge lead with Ryan up to halftime, then bring in Schaub for the 2nd half and he throws a bunch of interceptions to blow the game and give us absolutely no thoughts of resigning him?

Do we really want the Bucs to lose so bad that they are convinced to dump Winston (and Koetter if he is not already out) and bring in a better QB next year?  Do we want Winston starting for Tampa Bay next year or not?

4 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Best scenario - we build up a huge lead with Ryan up to halftime, then bring in Schaub for the 2nd half and he throws a bunch of interceptions to blow the game and give us absolutely no thoughts of resigning him?

LOL. I like Schaub as a past Falcon, but I agree I hope for a another backup next season.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's an absolute lock that the Falcons will beat the Bucs because all the FOX guys picked the Bucs to win.

That was crazy 

12 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Matt needs 454 yards to get 5,000 yards. Will he get it? Place your bets now! 

Nope. I'm thinking based on Ryan's last few games he'll come in around 245 today. Passing game just hasn't been as sharp the last 2 or 3 games. I'm hoping he gets 2 TD passes to reach 35. Not too many guys in NFL history have multiple seasons with 35 or more TD passes. I've never looked it up but I would guess it's been done by 10 or fewer guys.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I couldn't believe it. All the games today and they all picked the Bucs to beat the Falcons?

Do they have some inside information, lol? That was crazy

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I couldn't believe it. All the games today and they all picked the Bucs to beat the Falcons?

I guess they are figuring our guys are tanking!

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope. I'm thinking based on Ryan's last few games he'll come in around 245 today. Passing game just hasn't been as sharp the last 2 or 3 games. I'm hoping he gets 2 TD passes to reach 35. Not too many guys in NFL history have multiple seasons with 35 or more TD passes. I've never looked it up but I would guess it's been done by 10 or fewer guys.

You're actually right. Looked it up and not too many QBs have had multiple 35+ TD seasons. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Luck, Favre, Marino, Manning, Warner, and Steve Young are the only ones I believe that have done it. I was surprised to find that George Blanda threw 36 TDs in 1961. That's pretty crazy. 

Drew4719 and Falconsfan567 like this