Are there any 2019 free agent reclamation projects that are worth our time?

ramonezy

Players are quickly labeled as busts and some times just need a change of environment. NE and Seattle are known to take this approach with some success. 

The player I'd love us to take a flyer on is Danny Shelton... big bodied DT that I think would complement Grady well... 

Are there any others? 

7 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Shane Ray

I would love him as a rotation piece here.

Takk, Ray, Vic, Irvin

Convince Vic to resign for 5-7/yr and convince Irvin to resign for a few years for about the same.

Then draft an edge rusher as well. The more the better.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I would love him as a rotation piece here.

Takk, Ray, Vic, Irvin

Convince Vic to resign for 5-7/yr and convince Irvin to resign for a few years for about the same.

Then draft an edge rusher as well. The more the better.

That's a lot of undersized DEs... Takk is the only one in that group that really brings anything vs the run. 

11 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Shane Ray

I was looking at this very thing about 2 weeks ago. Maybe he just didn't fit their 3-4 as good. And DQ was very high on him coming out. Unless it was all smoke.

2/24: "The name of Shane Ray was constantly associated with the Falcons' franchise as their leading choice in Round 1." - Tony Pauline. More in the NFL Combine Rumors page. 

1/21: The Falcons like Shane Ray "a lot." - Tony Pauline. The Falcons will have to move up for Ray, who is going No. 5 in my 2015 NFL Mock Draft. 

Maybe Dante Fowler and Markus Golden too.

1/30: Dante Fowler was recruited by Dan Quinn, who is projected to be the next head coach of the Atlanta Falcons. - D. Orlando Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal-Constitution 

https://www.myajc.com/blog/atlanta-falcons/dante-fowler-meet-with-the-atlanta-falcons/DzGj4b4AK7ogXHIyWS1xAJ/

Of course these were all pre draft.

Edited by ike barn87987