izibit74

Draft tua

50 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

His ankle is solid as a rock tho

That joint is designed to be joined by flexible tissue. The jury is still out on that procedure long term. It could lead to bone brakes due to the limits the screw stops place on lateral movement. All of that said, if it proves out over time it will be a game changer for sure. 

10 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Thats how pretty much Brees and Wilson were at college level.

One thing Tua has = GRIT, HIGH I.Q & TEAM PLAYER!

Above 3 qualities eventually gets you a spot in NFL & LOMBARDI!

You just described Ryan. 

THEHEADCOACH likes this

Why on earth would the Falcons waste a draft pick on a quarterback, when they have a relatively young, very good one, who hasn't missed a game in nearly a decade?  

Crazy talk.

14 minutes ago, NOVAFalconFan said:

I think Will Grier will be better in the NFL.

Grier can succeed in the right system. Some mock drafts have him going to the Patriots. 

Mike Vick is gone. He’s not coming back. He was almost unique, and everyone looking for the ‘next’ Vick needs to understand it’s been 18 years since he was drafted and there realistically may never be another. 

I miss him to. He was lightning in a bottle. 

Edited by Geneaut

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

That joint is designed to be joined by flexible tissue. The jury is still out on that procedure long term. It could lead to bone brakes due to the limits the screw stops place on lateral movement. All of that said, if it proves out over time it will be a game changer for sure. 

It sure looked like a game changer  last night. 

14 hours ago, izibit74 said:

When Matt time is up we need a tua type quarterback. We need a mobile qb. That's the now nfl

That’s the now nfl? Lol.

Geneaut likes this

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

Why on earth would the Falcons waste a draft pick on a quarterback, when they have a relatively young, very good one, who hasn't missed a game in nearly a decade?  

Crazy talk.

Because Ryan isn’t the kind of guy they want at QB.....

Geneaut likes this

14 hours ago, izibit74 said:

When Matt time is up we need a tua type quarterback. We need a mobile qb. That's the now nfl

People talk about M Ryan having a noodle arm, but they want us to draft Tua? 

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

It sure looked like a game changer  last night. 

2 years down the road?  5 years?  In medical terms, that procedure is still experimental. There is a lot of talk it will be the next "Tommy John" type of surgical procedure in sports medicine if it proves out over time. 

11 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Hellooo!

Legend Steve Young??

Russell Wilson / Aaron Rodgers? 

When someone says “mobile QB” I take that to mean QBs who can double as running backs like a Vick or Cam Newton. Not someone who just runs outside the pocket a little bit.

Wilson is the only one that falls into that category from the list above and he had a shutdown defense.

Edited by 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit

27 minutes ago, falcndave said:

2 years down the road?  5 years?  In medical terms, that procedure is still experimental. There is a lot of talk it will be the next "Tommy John" type of surgical procedure in sports medicine if it proves out over time. 

Let's hope so. Don't want injuries slowing down the game. Did you hear herbie say he he had the same injury and it knocked him out for most of the season. 

Dan Patrick said shoulders or elbows are harder to repair than lower extremities. 

2 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Let's hope so. Don't want injuries slowing down the game. Did you hear herbie say he he had the same injury and it knocked him out for most of the season. 

Dan Patrick said shoulders or elbows are harder to repair than lower extremities. 

Well, Julio's toe screws are still in. I do think lower extremities have a narrower range of motion, so that makes sense. 

8 minutes ago, falcndave said:

HWell, Julio's toe screws are still in. I do think lower extremities have a narrower range of motion, so that makes sense. 

I forgot he had screws. For what purpose to keep toes immobilized?

Tua is good on a supremely talented team, but his ability to "extend" plays is what will actually get him in trouble in the NFL versus a more even talent playing field.  He wants the TD on every play and it forces him in to some terrible mistakes.  With all the Georgia fans here that game was a prime example on the first couple drives, he held the ball instead of making the simple plays multiple times.  Also was a cause of the injury he sustained.

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

I forgot he had screws. For what purpose to keep toes immobilized?

It’s not his toes.... it is in the foot to hold a break together 

9 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

It’s not his toes.... it is in the foot to hold a break together 

oh yeah, thats right i remember that a few years ago