SacFalcFan

Alabama vs Oklahoma (Orange Bowl)

169 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Clemson isn't head and shoulders above UGA. It's close but imo it's clearly Bama,UGA,Clemson. 

Yeah, for all the talk of the vaunted Clemson D-Line, they have had several games this year where the entire Clemson Defense looked somewhat average.

22 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, for all the talk of the vaunted Clemson D-Line, they have had several games this year where the entire Clemson Defense looked somewhat average.

I still think Clemson will keep it close though and mighy pull off the upset. Clemson has one advantage over UGA and that's Dabo over Kirby. 

26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I saw some “Bama refs” towards end of game when Quinnen jumped offsides (no flag) and obvious Bama PI - at least Oklahoma scored on that drive so they overcame those calls.

Bama is beatable if Clemson/UGA can play four quarters and clean game - but UGA couldn’t play 4 quarters, we will see if Clemson can.  Trevor Lawrence is uber talented but Bama is gonna put the heat on him.

I think Lawrence is good enough. The kid is just that good. 

16 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I still think Clemson will keep it close though and mighy pull off the upset. Clemson has one advantage over UGA and that's Dabo over Kirby. 

I agree that Dabo is the better in game coach right now but I don't think Kirby's that far behind. The thing that separates them is Dabo already has that win over Saban. I think Kirby is more focused on outwitting/outcoaching Saban than he is on UGA beating Bama right now and it's cost him a couple wins. He's wound too tight and fixated on Saban in a bad way. 

Once he gets that monkey off his back it think UGA won't look back.

Edit: don't forget that Dabo and Saban have been doing this a lot longer than Kirby. Can't overvalue experience in big games. 

Edited by UAB_DAWG
youngbloodz likes this

3 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

I agree that Dabo is the better in game coach right now but I don't think Kirby's that far behind. The thing that separates them is Dabo already has that win over Saban. I think Kirby is more focused on outwitting/outcoaching Saban than he is on UGA beating Bama right now and it's cost him a couple wins. He's wound too tight and fixated on Saban in a bad way. 

Once he gets that monkey off his back it think UGA won't look back.

Edit: don't forget that Dabo and Saban have been doing this a lot longer than Kirby. Can't overvalue experience in big games. 

It's not a diss to kirby. Just Dabo has the experience like you said. Kirby has blinked against Bama. I don't see that in Dabo. Kirby will get there cause I believe in the things he is doing at UGA. He just needs to get out of his own way. Like you said he trying to outwit Saban. 

A lot of teams are obsessed with catching Clemson and Alabama, but I don't think either team cares at all about your team. You don't have to like it, but both teams don't care about your team unless they are the next team up. 

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

A lot of teams are obsessed with catching Clemson and Alabama, but I don't think either team cares at all about your team. You don't have to like it, but both teams don't care about your team unless they are the next team up. 

You're right the best teams don't care about anyone else. Sabans measuring stick is not based on who they beat but whether his team is better than it was yesterday. 

tl;dr likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Surtain has looked good all year though. Bama is going to play press man and Clemson WRs will have to win those 1 on 1 battles. 

I know.  Surtain has been pretty solid.  I think Clemson can win some of those 1v1s but I don’t know if they can win enough.

2 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I know.  Surtain has been pretty solid.  I think Clemson can win some of those 1v1s but I don’t know if they can win enough.

I do agree with this. You know Saban going to blitz heavy to make Lawrence prove he can beat it

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

On 12/30/2018 at 0:19 PM, youngbloodz said:

I don't really see that as an advantage.  Dabo had a month to prepare for Bama last season with basically the same team as this year minus Lawrence and only scored 6 points. 

Carter likes this

On 12/30/2018 at 1:22 PM, youngbloodz said:

I do agree with this. You know Saban going to blitz heavy to make Lawrence prove he can beat it

Actually Saban wants to get pressure with the front 4.  If they can do that, game over. 

Just now, frankly88 said:

I don't really see that as an advantage.  Dabo had a month to prepare for Bama last season with basically the same team as this year minus Lawrence and only scored 6 points. 

Well the defense only allowed 261 total yards and Bama's defense had a td. And Lawrence is vastly superior as a passer compared to Kelly Bryant. But the reason I say it's an advantage cause Dabo isn't intimidated by Bama. His players aren't either. They have beaten Bama recently. And as you know confidence is big in any sporting event. 

2 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

Actually Saban wants to get pressure with the front 4.  If they can do that, game over. 

Saban usually blitzes freshmen qbs. He did with Manziel and did last year with Fromm until they can prove they can beat press man. That's what I usually see anyway. I could be wrong 

42 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Well the defense only allowed 261 total yards and Bama's defense had a td. And Lawrence is vastly superior as a passer compared to Kelly Bryant. But the reason I say it's an advantage cause Dabo isn't intimidated by Bama. His players aren't either. They have beaten Bama recently. And as you know confidence is big in any sporting event. 

To be fair, Alabama's offense is night and day different and better this year. Even Jalen Hurts is better now that he has a solid QB coach. I'll be pretty surprised if Alabama scores 24 or less this year. I'll also be surprised if Clemson only scores 6. 

youngbloodz likes this

11 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

To be fair, Alabama's offense is night and day different and better this year. Even Jalen Hurts is better now that he has a solid QB coach. I'll be pretty surprised if Alabama scores 24 or less this year. I'll also be surprised if Clemson only scores 6. 

I definitely agree with that. 

tl;dr likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

The change from Hurts to Tua has equally improved Bamas passing game so that's pretty much a wash.   

21 minutes ago, frankly88 said:

The change from Hurts to Tua has equally improved Bamas passing game so that's pretty much a wash.   

Yes it has. Tua is special. But like all QBs getting pressure up the middle is key. Cause Tua will put it up there and he doesn't have the strongest arm. Reminds me of Winston a little with his knack for throwing it up when he shouldn't 

On 12/30/2018 at 0:39 AM, RandomFan said:

Past is not prologue. Clemson has no chance in this game, so don't get disgusted just yet. Bama just played an incredibly sloppy game and the best OU could do was to crawl back to within 11. Seriously doubt Saban won't put his foot in some butts and get those mistakes cleaned up before the next game. 

LOL!!! You were saying??

mqg96 likes this

On 12/30/2018 at 1:39 AM, RandomFan said:

Past is not prologue. Clemson has no chance in this game, so don't get disgusted just yet. Bama just played an incredibly sloppy game and the best OU could do was to crawl back to within 11. Seriously doubt Saban won't put his foot in some butts and get those mistakes cleaned up before the next game. 

On 12/30/2018 at 11:12 AM, VA F.O. said:

That is silly

What happened in the past has no standing on the present; completely different teams

On 12/30/2018 at 1:32 AM, mqg96 said:

Clemson has the edge in this game. They are the lower seed in the national championship (lower seed teams have won every national championship, #1 seed has never won) and Clemson prevented Notre Dame from getting in the endzone. Since 2015 the national champion won the semi-final in a shutout or by only giving up 3 points. As a UGA fan I'm so f**king disgusted but it is what it is. 

WHAT DID I F**KING TELL Y'ALL!