SacFalcFan

Alabama vs Oklahoma (Orange Bowl)

169 posts in this topic

I doubt Tua is that healthy, and if so I expect Bama to look like "old" Bama and rely on the RBs and Oline a lot.

Establish the run and then hit the big plays that OU probably can't stop weather Bama is running it or not.

I think at least early Oklahoma will be effective on offense, but Alabama will adjust similar to us last year.

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

I hope Bama blows them out and shows that the committee got it wrong.  

11 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

It has begun. 

I want Bama to beat OU and Clem so bad that there is zero doubt UGA is easily one of the top 2 teams in the country. 

I don't think anyone doubts UGA is a playoff team but how can you put them in when they got spanked by LSU and choked against Bama? This isn't on the playoff committee it's on Kirby, Chaney, and ******* Tucker for going soft at the end of the game.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

I don't think anyone doubts UGA is a playoff team but how can you put them in when they got spanked by LSU and choked against Bama? This isn't on the playoff committee it's on Kirby, Chaney, and ******* Tucker for going soft at the end of the game.

I feel you.  

I just want the committee to be neck high in sh.it and they have to think happy happy thoughts.  

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Because it's supposed to be about the 4 best teams in the country. Which UGA is clearly one of. Spin it however you want to try and make that sound not true. That being said, like I posted earlier, we had our shot in the real national championship game vs Bama and we blew it. Doesn't change the fact of the matter that UGA is clearly better than every other team in the playoffs not named Bama. 

Edited by RandomFan

I’d rather see 8 teams, who cares if it invalidates the reg season somewhat, that only hurts teams with weak schedules, there was no way we were gonna jump ND w two loses but easily 2-3 tds better. 

The committee has to start considering talent of the roster. Forget whether a team is 12-0 or 10-3. I think we have to expand. Give auto bids to conference winners and add in at large. We have to fix this and make sure we dont get teams getting slaughtered in the playoffs when more qualified teams are at home. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

Just now, Unkn0wn said:

The committee has to start considering talent of the roster. Forget whether a team is 12-0 or 10-3. I think we have to expand. Give auto bids to conference winners and add in at large. We have to fix this and make sure we dont get teams getting slaughtered in the playoffs when more qualified teams are at home. 

I agree with you on expanding to 8 teams, but that's not going to stop teams from getting slaughtered in the playoffs. It's just going to make sure the teams playing the best football actually get their shot. 

Just now, RandomFan said:

I agree with you on expanding to 8 teams, but that's not going to stop teams from getting slaughtered in the playoffs. It's just going to make sure the teams playing the best football actually get their shot. 

Exactly, we have better matchups in the bigger games. 

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Because it's supposed to be about the 4 best teams in the country. Which UGA is clearly one of. Spin it however you want to try and make that sound not true. That being said, like I posted earlier, we had our shot in the real national championship game vs Bama and we blew it. Doesn't change the fact of the matter that UGA is clearly better than every other team in the playoffs not named Bama. 

Clearly better than Clemson? Slow down now

6 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

I’d rather see 8 teams, who cares if it invalidates the reg season somewhat, that only hurts teams with weak schedules, there was no way we were gonna jump ND w two loses but easily 2-3 tds better. 

Talking about 2 losses is silly when we played a championship and Notre dame didn't 

RandomFan and AF89 like this

Just now, VA F.O. said:

Talking about 2 losses is silly when we played a championship and Notre dame didn't 

Exactly. How many losses would Notre Dame have playing Georgia's schedule?

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I cant see them giving auto bids to conference champions. Just take the 8 best teams regardless of conference championships or any of that stuff. It will usually work itself out if we take out politics. 

Falconsfan567 and jeffro2000 like this