Falconsfan567

Notre Dame vs. Clemson (Cotton Bowl)

50 posts in this topic

I gotta think it was fairly close this time, with this embarrassment after it they might tell Notre Dame join the ACC in football too or we're leaving you out no matter what.

This would have been the acc championship game and then everyone would have taken Notre Dame off the list. Clemson isn’t even playing that great. Shoot UCF would have given Clemson a better game than this. 

mike teevee likes this

It’s so annoying that this wasn’t the ACC Championship game. Half their schedule was ACC teams but ND played no one that week and Clemson played freaking Pitt. 

Clemson should be playing UGA today. Both of these teams look average as grits today though. 

sdogg likes this

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s so annoying that this wasn’t the ACC Championship game. Half their schedule was ACC teams but ND played no one that week and Clemson played freaking Pitt. 

Clemson should be playing UGA today. Both of these teams look average as grits today though. 

I’m salty about this still. I’m also upset this same scenario will happen for the foreseeable future. Bama/UGA conference championship while others have “competitive” games. 

Meh, I just look at it like the SEC championship game is going to be the real national championship game for most years going forward. At least until Saban retires. 

39 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

Can we go ahead and just give Notre Dame a ban from the playoffs?

please and thank you. They get smoked by every SEC team they play. When i was growing up ND under Lou Holtz was the spot...now not so much

ND, Who would have thunk it???

Maybe the committee will think long and hard before putting them in again. 

Clemson is only looking average today themselves. OU/Bama may be a good game or Bama just physically beats them up.

ND has one of the largest fan bases in the country, heck NBC pays billions to show just their handful of home games every year. They will always get a shot at the playoffs.

Is there a team that plays worse on a big stage now than Notre Dame? I can’t remember a BCS or CFP era top tier bowl game they’ve won. Think they’ve been blown out nearly every time too. 

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

ND has one of the largest fan bases in the country, heck NBC pays billions to show just their handful of home games every year. They will always get a shot at the playoffs.

We’re discussing the on field product, not their fan base or nbc contract.  

Hey guys, posting from the Orange bowl, Roll Tide. Everyone down here saying same thing you guys saying. Should have been GA, no way ND should have been in.

I just hope we prove OU shouldn't have been in either! Hopefully stick it in committee face twice today!

1 minute ago, richham said:

We’re discussing the on field product, not their fan base or nbc contract.  

Cool.

But money talks in the NCAA. As long as they field a winning team they will always have a shot at the playoff. On the field product doesn't matter.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Cool.

But money talks in the NCAA. As long as they field a winning team they will always have a shot at the playoff. On the field product doesn't matter.

It matters when all the college football fans turn the channel and advertisers complain.