NFL Playoff Clinching Senarios

Falconsfan567

I just heard something crazy. The Ravens can win and the Steelers can still make the playoffs. They just said on ESPN that if the Titans and Colts game ends in a tie the Steelers make the playoffs even if the Ravens win. The Steelers 9-6-1 would trump the Titans and Colts at 9-6-1. Otherwise the winner of the Titans/Colts game makes the playoffs and the Steelers are toast if the Ravens win. Steelers can only win the AFC North if they win and the Browns beat the Ravens.

Chiefs and Chargers have crazy things too. They could both either be the #1 seed or the #5 seed. If the Chiefs win they win the AFC West and the #1 seed. If the Chiefs lose and the Chargers win then the Chargers win the AFC West and the #1 seed. I think its absolutely crazy that the Chiefs or Chargers could either be the #1 or #5 seed on week 17 of the season.

The Patriots win the #2 seed if they win. But if they lose and the Texans win then the Texans win the #2 seed. Texans would also win the AFC South. If the Texans lose, then they're the #6 seed and the winner of the Titans/Colts game would win the AFC South. Patriots are the only AFC team that has clinched their division.

In the NFC if the Vikings win they're in. If the Vikings lose and the Eagles win then the Eagles are in and the Vikings are out.

If the Rams win they win the #2 seed. If the Rams lose and the Bears win then the Bears win the #2 seed.

Yep, and unfortunately the Patriots are still alive for the #1 seed too if the Chiefs AND Chargers lose. I will laugh so **** hard if the AFC chokes away the #1 seed to this Patriots team. In fact, if the Saints AND Patriots have home field advantage, then the Falcons would become the most tortured fanbase since February 2017! Our worst nightmare coming true. 

The worst Superbowl 53 imaginable - Patriots vs. Saints - Brady vs. Brees - Belichick vs. Payton

The NFL front office would love it but the rest of the NFL would hate it.  The only thing that would make it great is if both QB's announced their retirements before the game and proclaimed it would be their last game.

57 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Go Titans!! Titans I think have a better shot at beating someone in the playoffs than the Colts do because the Titans defense is better.

I can’t disagree with you more. The colts kept Dallas (who had been riding something like a 7 game win streak) scoreless. They have Luck, a no.1 wr and a very solid run game. Their defence is also vastly underrated. The titans are listless imho and the very epitome of Insipid. And did I mention they have Luck :tiphat:

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I just heard something crazy. The Ravens can win and the Steelers can still make the playoffs. They just said on ESPN that if the Titans and Colts game ends in a tie the Steelers make the playoffs even if the Ravens win. The Steelers 9-6-1 would trump the Titans and Colts at 9-6-1. Otherwise the winner of the Titans/Colts game makes the playoffs and the Steelers are toast if the Ravens win. Steelers can only win the AFC North if they win and the Browns beat the Ravens.

Chiefs and Chargers have crazy things too. They could both either be the #1 seed or the #5 seed. If the Chiefs win they win the AFC West and the #1 seed. If the Chiefs lose and the Chargers win then the Chargers win the AFC West and the #1 seed. I think its absolutely crazy that the Chiefs or Chargers could either be the #1 or #5 seed on week 17 of the season.

The Patriots win the #2 seed if they win. But if they lose and the Texans win then the Texans win the #2 seed. Texans would also win the AFC South. If the Texans lose, then they're the #6 seed and the winner of the Titans/Colts game would win the AFC South. Patriots are the only AFC team that has clinched their division.

In the NFC if the Vikings win they're in. If the Vikings lose and the Eagles win then the Eagles are in and the Vikings are out.

If the Rams win they win the #2 seed. If the Rams lose and the Bears win then the Bears win the #2 seed.

We lost four one-score games (PHI, NO, CIN and DAL). Three at home. All on the last drive. Mainly due to player execution. Win those and we're 10-5, in the five seed, going to TB tomorrow to finish a three game streak and headed to DAL with enough momentum to beat them Cowboys. Shame, Shame, Shame. 

18 minutes ago, primetime said:

I can’t disagree with you more. The colts kept Dallas (who had been riding something like a 7 game win streak) scoreless. They have Luck, a no.1 wr and a very solid run game. Their defence is also vastly underrated. The titans are listless imho and the very epitome of Insipid. And did I mention they have Luck :tiphat:

The very next week the Colts needed a TD in the last minute of the game to beat the Giants who had been shutout by the Titans in the previous game. Titans shutout the Giants on the road. Titans beat the Cowboys on the road. Titans beat the Patriots 34-10.

Defensive rankings

Titans

• Yards Per Game = 326.5 (7th)
  • Pass Yards Per Game = 212.9 (6th)
  • Rush Yards Per Game = 113.7 (14th)
  • Points Per Game = 18.0 (2nd)

Colts

• Yards Per Game = 344.9 (11th)
  • Pass Yards Per Game = 242.7 (17th)
  • Rush Yards Per Game = 102.2 (8th)
  • Points Per Game = 21.8 (13th)

The Colts offense has been better than the Titans this year but even the Titans didn't lose to the Jaguars 6-0.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We lost four one-score games (PHI, NO, CIN and DAL). Three at home. All on the last drive. Mainly due to player execution. Win those and we're 10-5, in the five seed, going to TB tomorrow to finish a three game streak and headed to DAL with enough momentum to beat them Cowboys. Shame, Shame, Shame. 

Troffed.

Quinned.

Sarked.

That Ravens/Browns game is going to be really fun to watch. The Browns have been a really fun team this year, playing better each week, and both they and the Ravens will have a lot of reason to win (Ravens need to win to get into the playoffs, Browns can end a rival's playoffs before they begin with a win). My money's on the Browns, honestly.