Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don™

Speculation...Sark to University of Tennessee?

21 posts in this topic

Rumors and speculation I've been reading are connecting Sark to the Vols OC job...

Pruitt and Sark were on the Alabama staff in '16. Former USC coaches Tim Davis and Norm Chow see Sark as a better fit in college and where his heart truly lies. Pruitt isn't really aggressively pursuing OC candidates and cannot announce anything bc Sark still has a job. 

Like I said, rumor and speculating going around the web but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened...

Good Riddens, dont let the playbook hit ya on the way out. He cant call a game for sh*t, he’s inept at his job. Go back to college old bull( in football years), young bulls are taking over and actually know what they are doing. I hope you find success elsewhere........ like REALLY hope so

Edited by caponine

Good. Can’t let the decision be up to Quinn...he’ll figure out how to $&@# it up...

The fact we should’ve won the SB, lost Shanahan then Quinn brought him in basically the next day without interviews from others to me is almost blind arrogance on TD and DQ part...you thought you were so good you could just bring a scrub off the street who was first from a previous HC job for drinking on the job and then sniffed playcalling duties for 1 game....

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan
GreggT likes this

I am from ATL, but have been a Vllunteer fan since I was little.

There is a lot of folks that think Sark is the guy Pruitt has his eye on. I personally love the move if it happens. Sark has always been a college coach. He did well as OC at USC, did well as HC at Washington. The alcohol obviously derailed his USC HC gig.

The Guy would be the OC at Alabama if the Falcons wouldn’t have come along. If he’s good enough for Saban, he’s probably welcome at any college campus. Sark is a proven recruiter as well. Tennessee would hit a home run in getting him.

As for the Falcons, I think we see Manuel stay if the defense plays well against Tampa. I hope the Falcons go back to Koetter if he gets the axe in Tampa. Dirk was all about letting MR2 run no-huddle and control things from the line. Matt Ryan was always fantastic when in control.

If this is indeed true, I am sure Quinn decided weeks ago to not retain Sark and told him to potentially look elsewhere. Falcons generally keep things close to the chest so I'm surprised even this tidbit of information leaked...if true

31 minutes ago, red falcon said:

So knapp replaces  him? Hope they draft a decent guard. Need a road grader thats our problem. 

Doubt it. Knapp was supposed to help Sark and provide stability. Offense has looked just as inconsistent as last year.

I think you have to find either a proven OC that has little shot of being a HC or a young, fresh, creative mind...albeit if the latter becomes successful, those guys get hired quick for a HC gig ( ex. McVay, Shanny, etc)

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

If this is indeed true, I am sure Quinn decided weeks ago to not retain Sark and told him to potentially look elsewhere. Falcons generally keep things close to the chest so I'm surprised even this tidbit of information leaked...if true

Well the Falcons didn’t leak it, so not really up to them if Tenn has interstate in him. It’s not another NFL team, so they can offer him a job whenever.

1 hour ago, The Don™ said:

Doubt it. Knapp was supposed to help Sark and provide stability. Offense has looked just as inconsistent as last year.

I think you have to find either a proven OC that has little shot of being a HC or a young, fresh, creative mind...albeit if the latter becomes successful, those guys get hired quick for a HC gig ( ex. McVay, Shanny, etc)

Just tired of the turnover. At least the system is still intact. If they can somehow fix the guard position we should be fine. Cant build a house with shakey foundation.

I dont even care the guy can pass block. I want elite run blocking ability  please.